• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
According to a press Release by Nintendo, this will be a one-hour TV Special debuting on Kids WB! in April as part of the tenth anniversary.

They haven't revealed much except that the aim is to solve the unusual mystery of the Mirage Pokémon and that it will star Ash and co.

Thoughts?

be sure to watch for the brand new Pokemon 10th Anniversary song and video, "Pokemon Go," which is sure to be the ultimate nostalgic tune for Pokemon fans everywhere.

o_O I wonder if THIS will be the Dub's symphonic medley....

Although i'm curious as to where this is ep meant to have come from if Japan hasn't announced any anniversary ep at all.

Maybe part of it will be the clip show they're skipping?

Also,

-- Pokemon Movies - Pokemon is no stranger to Hollywood. Following the 1999 debut of its first feature film, "Pokemon: The First Movie," which topped the charts with the highest box office opening for an animated movie at that time, Pokemon has continued to release kid-favorite
movies with a new direct-to-video title scheduled to launch in spring 2006.

Looks like we have an idea of when the Lucario movie's coming out.

That makes sense since the Lucario movies takes place right after the third episode of the BF arc (the one after Misty leaves).

At KidsWb's rate of airing 2 episodes a week, the Hoenn league will be over by the time the 8th movie comes out. Could this be *gasp* a movie actually released on time for once? It may even come out between the same episodes as it did in Japan.

Just hope the special isn't really just some $5 production.

The clip show wasnt 1 hour. It was the same length as a normal episode.

That's why I suggested that part of it could be the skipped clip show.

The other half hour could be filled with live action segments in which the creators talk about their experiences with pokemon or something.

Dogasu said:
That's why I suggested that part of it could be the skipped clip show.

The other half hour could be filled with live action segments in which the creators talk about their experiences with pokemon or something.

How does either of those fit with:

solve the unusual mystery of the Mirage Pokémon and that it will star Ash and co.

???

The press release doesn't say that it will star Ash. It says "favorite Pokemon characters."

I'm thinking it might be that Mew movie that was played at PokePark, only not in 3D.

Argy said:
The press release doesn't say that it will star Ash. It says "favorite Pokemon characters."

I'm thinking it might be that Mew movie that was played at PokePark, only not in 3D.

But that Mew movie isn't even an hour, is it?

So...uh, who exactly is the "Mirage" Pokemon?

So, are 4Kids pulling a Yugioh The Movie, hire the original animators to make a new episode. That would be pretty cool.

^ Eh, it sounds more like a TV show "commercial" than a full-fledged piece of animation.

In fact, I bet it's not even counted as part of the 52 episode season, but a stand-alone TV special thing.

"Mirage Pokemon", I'm thinking, (Just a guess) is Rayquaza. ...He's the one that lives in the Mirage Tower, right? I can't remember, havn't played Sapphire in a while.

Either way, I might like to see it. If it IS Rayquaza, I want to see how they animate him. I havn't seen any movies, so don't tell me they've already showed him, 'cause I don't know.

Well, anyway, I think the special sounds good. And it's an hour, so it should be good at least.

And with the title "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon", if Ash and his friends are in it, then it sounds to me that it might be about Ho-oh.

I mean, that's a really rare Pokemon, and Ash has seen it twice. So maybe he tells May, Max, and Brock how many times he's seen it and they don't believe him? Maybe that's what this is about. Or maybe, it could even be about all the legendary Pokemon that Ash has seen on his journey, because that is also an amazing accomplishment. That would be really cool too.

^ I doubt it's something as complex as that. It would alter the continuity of the series with the Japanese version.

But, maybe it could've been an idea that the Japanese had, and if so maybe they thought it would be a good idea to have a special like that for the 10th Anniversary?

Oh well, it was just a suggeStion anyway......

Although, I really would like to see that happen at some point.

Last edited:
Argy said:
Press Release said:
In April, a one-hour TV special entitled "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" will debut on Kids' WB! and bring together everyone's favorite Pokemon characters to solve the unusual mystery of the Mirage Pokemon. Later in the year, the eighth Pokemon movie, "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" is set for release and will feature never-before-seen Pokemon and the legend of the Aura Guardian. Join Ash and his friends on both of these adventures!
Emphasis mine.

Double Z said:
"Mirage Pokemon", I'm thinking, (Just a guess) is Rayquaza. ...He's the one that lives in the Mirage Tower, right? I can't remember, havn't played Sapphire in a while.

Either way, I might like to see it. If it IS Rayquaza, I want to see how they animate him. I havn't seen any movies, so don't tell me they've already showed him, 'cause I don't know.

Rayquaza is on top of the Sky Pillar and the Mirage 'Tower' only exists in the desert in Emerald and is where the two fossils are buried.

Just a thought, but maybe it'll be a showcase for some 4th Genners?

Not necessarily brand new ones, although I'd guess that's still possible, but Manene and Manyula are still due English names and of course it would be a good easy time to introduce Bonsly, Manene and Manyula ahead of the 8th Movie and their appearences in the anime later in the year/early next year.

Could also explain why all of 4th Gen minus Gonbe was obliterated from the PAB intro recently too.

Just a thought but maybe this will be presented by Brock and Misty.

4Kids does have all that housou footage that they didn't use for Pokémon Chronicles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom