• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Mastermind.jpg

Pic from Pokemon.com

Special: "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon"

Discuss.

(The prevous thread was for speculation)

Last edited:
I must say...I've never liked it when people end the first post of a review thread with "Discuss." I mean, of course we're going to discuss it. What else are we going to do in the thread?

That's not a jab at you, but at the Internet as a whole.

Considering we're about 12 hours from airtime, I think it's a little early to create a review thread. Oh well, I'll be back tomorrow afternoon with my review of the voice acting, plot construction, ect. It's Garage Sale Day tomorrow and I'll likely have to record it and watch it later.

Yeah, same here......

And since I STILL don't have a TV in my dorm room yet (-_-), I'm getting my friend to Tivo the special for me, so I will be able to watch it when I go over to his house tomorrow.

*is very nervous and worried about what this special will be like*

I cannot watch it in the morning since I like doing stuff in the morning. I will get it somehow... *rolleyes*

I'll be watching it unless like I have to urgently go somewhere, or like just don't wake up at 10

Will most of this thread consist of complaining about the new voices actors or complaining about the plot?

It'll be one or the other, or if we're really unlucky, it'll be both. :/

I have my radio show tomorrow morning, so I'm taping it as well. I'm not gonna get to see it until early afternoon.
Hopefully there won't be much to complain about...

Hmm...it seems only I will be watching this when it first aired, I'll try to post details ASAP.

Ash sounds awful. Absolutely awful.

Max and May are bearable after a while.

Brock sounds like BUTCH.

Misty is fine.

Oak sounds worse than Ash, but we'll never see him.

Jessie and James and Meowth sound kinda off, but I need to hear them more.

I've been watching it and it's pretty bad so far. The voicees are pretty bad. May sounds way to adult, Borock just sounds scetchy. From what I've just heard of mew in the commercial it's totally different and not like soft. I'm pretty sure ASh is the same voice as Mikey from the Eevee brothers episode and ASh, Max, and Meowth sound like theres only a tiny different in the voice. Some aren't that bad at the start but after listneing get worse like Misty, Professor Oak, and James. THe animation in the special does look different like the red light is darker when returning a pokemon and Pikachu's face looks different. The plotline is pretty lame. It's too like just beond Pokemon. The way they get rid of Brock, May, and Max is just stupid. The script seems like it wasn't writen by the normal writers. THe voices don't exactly go along with the movement of the mouths. Also Jessie totally mispronounced rattata which kinda bugged me

Last edited:
Misty's new voice isn't bad. Happy to hear she'll be voiced well, even though she doesn't appear often. Though, I'll miss hearing Racheal Lillis do her voice

Scott likes the new May voice. So, we won't have to hear him complain about it.

The story's not that bad. Liked the reference to movies 1-5.

I don't like the new voices in the special much. They sound, I don't know, over-acted or something, like they have NO idea what they're doing.

Misty doesn't sound that bad, but the others are just really bad, especially Ash, May, and Brock. May's new voice sounds like it should belong to Ash's mother instead of May. She just sounds too old. I don't like the animation, either. It doesn't look like the regular episodes do.

That being said, I do think that we should give the new voices a chance. If these are the people they'll be using for the next season, they might get better. This is the first time these guys have done this show, and they're not used to it yet. They'll never be as good as the originals, though.

See, I LIKE the special - it's a fascinating trip that's definitely on par with various movies, the music is awesome, the animation is pretty awesome... and really I'm getting used to the new voices.

Except Ash. I'm having problems getting used to him >_<

AshKetchum17 said:
I don't like the new voices in the special much. They sound, I don't know, over-acted or something, like they have NO idea what they're doing.

Misty doesn't sound that bad, but the others are just really bad, especially Ash, May, and Brock. May's new voice sounds like it should belong to Ash's mother instead of May. She just sounds too old. I don't like the animation, either. It doesn't look like the regular episodes do.

That being said, I do think that we should give the new voices a chance. If these are the people they'll be using for the next season, they might get better. This is the first time these guys have done this show, and they're not used to it yet. They'll never be as good as the originals, though.

It took the old actors ages to get the voices right for the characters themselves. Take a listen to the very first episode and cringe away. It's a sad fact that new actors means a new period of them 'settling into' the characters but it may not necessarily be that bad once they have and we're used to them.

I've yet to see this though and will post more opinions once I have.

*kicks the new VAs* The Mirage pokemon remind me of the reason why I hate Netbattle. Did Houndoom say its JP name? o.o Ash gets attacked by a pokemon. o.o The Mirage Master is smart, scanning the uber Pika. It seems it does remember what it went through in the movies, so now them forgetting things is no excuse. Oak has a Dragonite? o.o Rockets expanding the Mirage system? Shades of the Megaman NT Warrior anime. So the Mew program makes the system backfire, and because it had a soul. Pretty good, I guess.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom