• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert Thread

http://i.********/vp/1402418291596.png

????????????????

It fires the tree part of its tail off?

Also Mega Sceptile continues the trend of the best Megas by facing away from the opponent in battle... Just like Mega Mawile :D

Looks like it takes after the defense mechanism that many lizards have of discarding their tail as a distraction. Only here it's used as an attack.

Looks like it takes after the defense mechanism that many lizards have of discarding their tail as a distraction. Only here it's used as an attack.

Yep. Was surprised to see it being able to do it though. I wonder what the animation for it growing back is going to be like.

Yep. Was surprised to see it being able to do it though. I wonder what the animation for it growing back is going to be like.

I thought it was just some kind of animation overlook, something that would be fixed before the game release.

Nah, I don't think so. It fires it off towards Swampert as part of one of its attack animations.

tumblr_n6yqofdRfj1qejgz3o5_r1_500.gif

It redirects all electric type moves, both ally and opponent. Just as Storm Drain does (with water).

Thus that Electrify combination won't work. That's a shame really.
At the very least, Mega Sceptile can be used to protect your teammates from Thunderwave, is probably a good partner with Gyarados and if its any good, will drive Wash Rotom's usage down (though I doubt it since most people will opt for Mega Kangaskhan anyway)

Other than countering Rotom-W, Mega Sceptile can have potential in OU for covering certain OU-worthy pokemon's weaknesses.

I think it was mentioned before that Mega Sceptile has a good offensive core with Heatran and Azumarill.
- Mega Sceptile covers Heatran's weaknesses to Water and Ground, and Azumarill's weaknesses to Grass and Electric.
- Heatran covers all of Mega Sceptile's weaknesses and Azumarill's weaknesses to Grass and Poison.
- Azumarill covers Heatran's weaknesses to Fighting and Water, and Mega Sceptile's weaknesses to Ice, Bug and Dragon.

Last edited:
Mega Sceptile in rain teams? Are there still rain teams since the weather nerf?

After seeing the trailer, Mega Swampert looked even better to me than in the artwork; and it made me more excited to utilize both Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert. :-D

Mega Swampert looks so great! Just loving it so much! Quite impressive, would love to see it in the anime.

Mudkip my starter choice for sure. ''-''

Mega Sceptile in rain teams? Are there still rain teams since the weather nerf?

Once in a blue moon you'll see one.

After the weather nerf, Politoed's shortcomings became much more apparent, and it's been in disuse ever since. I don't really think MPert and MTile are gonna change that. Besides, MegaZard Y and Tyranitar have all but guaranteed that Sun and Sand are the dominant weathers this Gen (and MegaBomasnow is there too, I guess.) Politoed can't handle them, and if Rain expects to see a rise in usage, it needs to find a user that can stand up to those behemoths. But hey, Ninetales' usage dropped too so....yay?

Now, I can officially say that I am going to get these games. Mega Jukain..you sealed the deal!! Mega Latios and mega Jukain will be the stars of my team. Praying for the Eon duo to be nicknamable. Thinking about naming mine Sparrowmon xd

Back
Top Bottom