• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert Thread

The problem with giving sceptile and swampert a mega evo is that blazikens mega evo is event only so in the end it'd be just as unfair to blaziken if sceptile and swampert get non event mega evos, like you're playing the game and you pick treeko or mudkip you get a mega stone but if you pick torchic you get nothing :\ only those around for the events could even get the mega evolution

...it'd be just as unfair to blaziken if sceptile and swampert get non event mega evos...
No, the idea is that if all three Hoenn starters get mega evos then you'll acquire the Mega stones for any/all of them, i.e. Blazikenite will no longer be event exclusive.

Compare: Zorua/Zoroark was event exclusive in BW1, but you got a free Zorua in-game in BW2.

Last edited:
...it'd be just as unfair to blaziken if sceptile and swampert get non event mega evos...
No, the idea is that if all three Hoenn starters get mega evos then you'll acquire the Mega stones for any/all of them, i.e. Blazikenite will no longer be event exclusive.

Compare: Zorua was event exclusive in BW1, but you got a free Zorua in-game in BW2.

was zoroark event exclusive? If so i had no idea o_O

Zorua was event exclusive in BW1, but you got a free Zorua in-game in BW2.

was zoroark event exclusive? If so i had no idea o_O

In BW1 there was both a Zorua event (required: event Celebi) and a Zoroark event (required: shiny event legendary beast); it was the only way to acquire either one short of trading for it (an NPC in Castelia registered Zorua in your Pokedex for you so you could in fact search/request them on the GTS).

Screw Mega Swampert, Mega Mudkip is where its at.

Don't really think the other starters are as popular as Charizard was to earn a Mega or two though. I'm honestly surprised Blaziken was actually that popular.

Don't really think the other starters are as popular as Charizard was to earn a Mega or two though. I'm honestly surprised Blaziken was actually that popular.

You kidding? You never heard of "Do u liek mudkipz"? Mudkip is one of the most popular starters of all Pokemon starters.....

Anyway, just cuz a Pokemon ISN'T popular, doesn't mean it shouldn't get a mego evo.

You kidding? You never heard of "Do u liek mudkipz"? Mudkip is one of the most popular starters of all Pokemon starters.....

Anyway, just cuz a Pokemon ISN'T popular, doesn't mean it shouldn't get a mego evo.

I believe that the whole meme surrounding Mudkip was the real reason why it was so popular in the first place.
In-game, Blaziken's line is way more popular.

They could make Sceptile learn Draco Meteor by leveling up, like what they did with Ampharos and Dragon Pulse this gen but yeah Serperior should defintely be the one to get a Mega Evo Grass/Dragon.
I'd have an easier time believeing that they'll make it so that the move tutor explains how "X Pokemon has the hidden potential of dragons!" and allow it to be learned anyway given Arceus can apparently learn Draco Meteor regardless of its held plate.
I just checked Bulbapedia and Arceus can only learn Draco Meteor if its holding the Draco Plate but yeah they could do that, wait why didn't they do that? Draco Meteor would be a great move for Mega Ampharos.

I'm thinking Grass Dragon for Sceptile
Water Ground still for Swampert but it's ability is Sap Sipper.

My theory is that the reason why the fire-type starters are getting more favoritism in terms of Mega-Evolutions (Charizard getting two and Blaziken being the only Hoenn starter to get one) is because Satoshi Tajiri (the creator of Pokemon for those who don't know) started out with Charmander in his very first Red version and thus he favored the fire-type starter more than the other two starters after that. That favoritism I can live with, as the creator of a franchise has to have a bit of power over the popular vote, right?

So yeah, I know I mentioned this before but I don't think it was on this thread; I am predicting that Sceptile and Swampert are getting Mega-Evolutions as well in ORAS but Blaziken is getting one more - the Mega-Evolution that is already known is Alpha Blaziken that will be exclusive to Alpha Sapphire and the new Blaziken will be called Omega Blaziken (from what we saw, both Mega Charizard Y & Mega Mewtwo Y, the first ME to be revealed from their counterparts, were exclusive to Y, the second version in its pair, which is why I'm predicting that the old ME for Blaziken will be exclusive to the second version).

For Mega Sceptile give it a Dragon type and give it a Tough claws. I always saw Sceptile as a physical attacker rather then special.
Sceptile learns better physical moves then special. My choice would be Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, X-Scissor and Swords Dance.

Mega Swampert with his typing could be a tank.
I vote for Filter as a ability. Decreases the damage taken from Grass types while not being entirely broken unlike with Sap Sipper.

Actually Filter could work well for a Mega Sceptile (given all those weaknesses!), but then durability never was its forte to begin with....

I look forward to the Mega Evos of Sceptile and Swampert

Give the torchick line's HA to the treecko line. If anyone decided to complain about Sceptile's speed (IDK why they would, but the world's full of morons) they'd have NO excuse now :p

I believe that we'll be seeing Mega evolutions for Sceptile and Swampart. I do not believe however, that we'll be seeing any other starter Pokemon receiving two mega evolutions like Charizard did.

I always thought Grovyle and Sceptile were Grass/Dark growing up and I just recently learned that's not the case. (I know, I know. I'm dumb.) I want his mega to look more like Grovyle with all the leaves just sprouting every where and I want him to be the Grass/Dark I always wanted him to be.

Swampert deserves a mega as well, but I definitely don't wanna see a bigger, uglier version of that.

So now that their confirmed, what do you think? Swampert looks badass as fuck and swift swim ain't bad. Sceptile with Lightningrod is meh, but Grass/Dragon sure makes up for it.

Interesting that Mega Sceptile gets Lightning Rod rather than some suggestions. On the one hand, I am glad it didn't get Contrary, but on the other hand, it didn't get Tough Claws. Still, Lightning Rod means immunity to Thunder Wave, which is always good. Like everyone suggested, it is a Grass/Dragon, which finally make Sceptile a dual-type.

Mega Swampert's ability of Swift Swim is also unexpected. I thought it was going to get a Water-immune ability, but I guess being able to set up rain and then go all out with it is a good thing.

Thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom