• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert Thread

Shiny Mega Gengar and Mega Gardevoir say hi.

Mega Gengar doesn't count under this rule because its normal Mega Evolution form is a different color from its regular form.

Usually when a Pokemon has the same color as its Mega Evolution, both the shiny normal and Mega Evolved forms of that Pokemon should have the same color scheme too.

Mega Gardevoir's shiny form counts somewhat; even though Mega Gardevoir's dress turns black in its Shiny form, it still retains Shiny Gardevoir's hair, eye, and front organ colors. The black dress is the exception to the rule.

Mega Sceptile has the two rows of red and orange balls on its tail that weren't present before. In its shiny form, regular Sceptile's orbs are red instead. Whether Mega Sceptile's shiny form has different color orbs remains to be seen.

As for Mega Swampert, since it retains Swampert's color scheme, I can see its shiny form with the same pinkish color that regular Swampert has.

Mega Garchomp?

No, Mega Swampert needs Bulk Up. Its only stat up move is Curse, and that's not really going to be helpful if you're planning to take full advantage of its ability.

No, Mega Swampert needs Bulk Up. Its only stat up move is Curse, and that's not really going to be helpful if you're planning to take full advantage of its ability.

Wtf, really?! I never checked because because I just assumed it could learn it.

I like the designs. Mega Sceptile looks... like Sceptile except 50X more badass. Mega Swampert looks like a tank that lifts some big-ass weights. As for M. Sceptile's pretty much complete revamping from it's normal form in terms of gameplay, I think that the Grass/Dragon typing was the boost that Sceptile needed in a "Serious" gameplay environment. Crossing Scceptile's absolutely HOLY speed stat with the raw power that pretty much everything about dragon type is focused about, it's sure to make one hell of a sweeper.

Even if Mega Swampert doesn't get a boosting move it's gonna be a very reliable Rain team member. I bet it'll get a lot of its 100 extra base stat points in Attack, and juuuust enough into Speed to get its own speed tier.

It's not gonna 6-0 anything but it can punch holes in teams if given the opportunity.

I'm hoping they take stuff from SpA and actually shove it into its defenses.

100/90/90 base defenses aren't too bad. If you just add +20 to each you still get 100/110/110 base defenses, and that's tankier than most non-legendaries.

I really like Mega Sceptile. It's design is so cool and sleek. Lightening Rod is a bit of an odd ability. Mega Swampert is a bit too bulky for me, but it's growing on me a bit. Seeing fanart of a Pokemon or Mega Pokemon can do that. Swift Swim is a pretty good choice for an ability.

My biggest problem with Swampert was not realising it was designed to be a physical attacker. Its new Mega definitely helps push that into your mind. I have plenty of elegible Mudkips waiting to be Mega'd.

I like the designs of both Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile, and like that they both can have strong attacks 4x effective on each other now. I really like that Swampert's Swift Swim is perfect for ORAS with the weather themes.

I prefer Mega Swampert since it's my favorite water starter line.

I love Mega Sceptile. Lightning Rod isn't the best ability in the world, but it's not a bad choice. The Dragon typing is pretty cool, even though it gets hammered by weaknesses. The design of it itself is fantastic in general, probably the best of the three in my opinion.

Now for Swampert. Well, Mudkip was my first starter ever. So obviously, Swampert is my favorite no matter what. However, it is taking me some time to get used to its Mega... It's so bulky looking and the huge proportions are a bit odd. I don't particularly like how it lost its neck. Completely. It doesn't have a neck. And the head(?) fins are a bit much. But...I still like it. I just expected something with better proportions and a bit cooler looking. As somebody stated before, it would be rad as fuck if its shiny could be green to make a Hulk reference XD. And it does look like he used Anchor Arms lol. It would be better if he weren't so hunched over, but oh well. Swift Swim is....meh? I mean, there are worse abilities. I guess it could pick up Swampert's lackluster speed some, but then again, you still gotta set up rain. I would've preferred something like Storm Drain, Drizzle, Water Absorb, Filter, or Regenerator, but Swift Swim is okay I guess (but not as good as those). And, I know Swampert is a physical attacker, but I really hoped that its Mega would lean special (mainly because of Surf).
Personally, I'm hoping (using realistic possibilities) for a boosted stat set like: +35 Attack, +25 Special Attack, +25 Defense, +25 Special Defense, -10 Speed

Hopefully I grow to love Swampert's Mega more as time goes on, since he was my first starter.

Yeah I can't. Choose just one now I need all three, I have,history with each starter and all their megas are just perfect I will trade over a torchic and a shiny mudkip I've been saving for this day

You can still only use one of them as mega though.

I just realized, but give Mega Sceptile Electrify, and it's a lock.

Yeah I can't. Choose just one now I need all three, I have,history with each starter and all their megas are just perfect I will trade over a torchic and a shiny mudkip I've been saving for this day

You can still only use one of them as mega though.

Hm, if I were to use all three starters, personally I'd use Sceptile as my Mega probably. Possibly Swampert. Definitely not Blaziken. Mega Sceptile is definitely my favorite of the three (without my Swampert bias from being my first starter ever). In the end, I'd probably give into my love for Swampert and just use his Mega. Or I'd just use a different Mega entirely.

I just realized, but give Mega Sceptile Electrify, and it's a lock.

Giving the fact that the tip of its tree tail and its ability seem to be based on how lightning is often portrayed in media as hitting tree tops, so I can see Electrify among as other things.

Mega Sceptile is my dream come true ;w; I like the typing (corresponds with the fact that it's in the Dragon egg group so why not), and I LOVE the design. I hope it gets a good stat boost! x) guh Y let me hatch a Shiny Treecko by November pls Mega Swampert is starting to appeal more now that I see more fanart though.
I hope they'll provide a method to get other Mega Stones like how they did in XY, even via an event. I'd love to get both Mega Stones for Sceptile and Swampert, both went over the expectations for me.

Back
Top Bottom