• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert Thread

I'm not a fan of Mega Swampert's design, but maybe it will grow on me, like much of the Gen VI designs, which now I love. I don't get adding Dragon type to Pokemon, especially when the type in general is becoming threatened. I get that Sceptile was in the Dragon Egg Group so it's not that much of a stretch, but they had an opportunity to do something really creative and stayed the course. Which is fine I guess, but it has seemingly harmed it more than helped it.

One thing that the new forms and abilities seems to push further is the transition to the game really be focused on double and triple battles. Something I'm still on the fence about, but I don't think the game is really given you much of a choice anymore.

Mega Swampert gets Swift Swim but GF it's going to troll by making the speed of the Mega Evolution same as the normal Swampert.

And someone told me a Grass/Dragon Mega Sceptile would be "random".

Last edited:
I am rather glad that Sceptile and Swampert can Mega Evolve, since Blaziken already had a Mega Evolution, leaving these two out in the cold for a while. I am certainly looking forward to using Mega Sceptile, even though its ability sounds rather situational and its double-weakness to Ice is rather off-putting.

I'm fairly disappointed with Mega Swampert's ability/typing, hopefully its stats will make up for it. I was hoping it would get sap sipper so it's not so weak against grass (sceptile could use some other thing on it)...
I'm trying to avoid the designs, but I expect I'll see them anyway... I can't avoid the internet for nearly 6 months or so.
Plus swift swim is such a pain, setting up weather teams, especially since it no longer lasts as many turns, is so darn annoying!

I'm not a fan of Lightningrod on Mega Sceptile... It could be decent on Doubles, but it seems like such a waste here. :/

People are trying so hard to find flaws for mega sceptile. People were saying mega mawile would be garbage too because you had to switch it in before getting the mega's bulk and that that was way too hard but it's OU anyway. As for the quad weakness Charizard and Talonflame both have a quad weakness while being top OU and that's a weakness to rock out of all things. A quad weakness to ice and fighting never stopped garchomp and tyranitar respectively either.

I think both of these megas look awsome. Sceptile still looks badass and Swampert looks boss. Seriously, it looks like it could punch someone unconcious. The added dragon-type to Sceptile didn't surprise me, but Lightningrod sure did. I thought maybe Solar Power or something, but whatever. It doesn't matter to me so long as they look cool, which they do.

I like both designs~

I like the similar but different, Digimonish look to Sceptile, not to mention the Dragon addition to add something new, plus the immunity to Paralysis (from Electric moves) he has in Lightning Rod~ No complaints~

Swampert is a frickin' truck! That man has been lifting buildings. It was a bit of a Quilladin at first, but now, looking at that monster, I love it. It is such an awesome look~

We better get all the stones in-game.

I hope the color of shiny Mega Swampert is green.

Usually Mega Evolutions have different shiny colors from their original forms if the normal Mega Evolution is a different color (i.e. Mega Charizard X, Mega Blaziken).

If the Mega Evolution has the same color as the original form, the shiny will most likely be the same color with slight modifications. Swampert's shiny form is pink, so Mega Swampert should have the exact color scheme.

Usually Mega Evolutions have different shiny colors from their original forms if the normal Mega Evolution is a different color (i.e. Mega Charizard X, Mega Blaziken).

If the Mega Evolution has the same color as the original form, the shiny will most likely be the same color with slight modifications. Swampert's shiny form is pink, so Mega Swampert should have the exact color scheme.
Shiny Mega Gengar and Mega Gardevoir say hi.

I hope the color of shiny Mega Swampert is green.

It was a joke, i said i wanted to be green so that Mega Swampert would the Hulk of Pokemon franchise.

Shiny Mega Gengar and Mega Gardevoir say hi.

Mega Gengar doesn't count under this rule because its normal Mega Evolution form is a different color from its regular form.

Usually when a Pokemon has the same color as its Mega Evolution, both the shiny normal and Mega Evolved forms of that Pokemon should have the same color scheme too.

Mega Gardevoir's shiny form counts somewhat; even though Mega Gardevoir's dress turns black in its Shiny form, it still retains Shiny Gardevoir's hair, eye, and front organ colors. The black dress is the exception to the rule.

Mega Sceptile has the two rows of red and orange balls on its tail that weren't present before. In its shiny form, regular Sceptile's orbs are red instead. Whether Mega Sceptile's shiny form has different color orbs remains to be seen.

As for Mega Swampert, since it retains Swampert's color scheme, I can see its shiny form with the same pinkish color that regular Swampert has.

I really like Mega Sceptile. It's design is nice, and the typing is awesome. As for Mega Swampert, it's good, I guess... It looks like a regular Swampert on steroids.

Mega Swampert looks pretty decent, but I'd prefer if it got Huge Power. Mega Sceptile looks lame, but I like the Ability it gets. This will be a tough choice for me, but I am looking forward to making that choice.

I was thinking of getting Swampert on my team (even if it didn't have a ME), but Lightning Rod Grass/Dragon Sceptile? Yeah, Treecko, I choose you.

The both look ok, not my favourite megas by any means but decent enough looking. I'll need to see Mega Sceptile from the front to really be able to judge properly, it just doesn't look particularly different.

Their abilities are a bit unfortunate though, Swift Swim might be decent if M-Swampert is a powerhouse but damn is it generic. Lighting Rod is strange, and not particularly useful since nobody is going to use electric type moves on Sceptile anyway, meaning you'll have to mega evolve and switch to have a chance of activating it. Also since everyone is going to know about Lighting Rod, chances are you won't be getting a boost from people trying to Thunder Wave you either.

Back
Top Bottom