• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Minor Complaint Thread

I just realized how sensitive and fussy fishing can be in ORAS. What I mean is that it seems you have to react the second something hooks onto the lure, or it swims away.

I just realized how sensitive and fussy fishing can be in ORAS. What I mean is that it seems you have to react the second something hooks onto the lure, or it swims away.

I agree, it seems to be a little harder in comparison with XY.
But, to be honest, I'm still glad that they didn't return that horrible Gen III mechanic in which you had to press A multiple times to get a bite.

I was a bit annoyed when Maxie's mega Camerupt put my Sceptile to sleep with yawn and then used curse the entire remainder of the battle instead of going for the kill shot.

Besides the one 'mandatory' Contest, I haven't tried them (yet. Will do soon)
But what I've heard so far leaves me with mixed feelings
Like, I always enjoyed the PokéBlock Minigame, so I'm sad it's gone
However, the fact you can feed Pokémon as many PokéBlocks as you want is nice (cause the whole sheen thing was really annoying. An alt solution would have been a pokéblock that could reduce sheen/stats, which I wouldn't have minded either)
Also, apparently flavour preferences are gone? Mixed feelings about that. With the DexNav you're bound to stumble upon cool Pokémon (that often end up having an unfortunate nature for competitive battling) I personally don't like it when my mons only collect dust in the PC, so it's nice that you could (for example) still do Contests with them, regardless of their nature. On the other hand, I kinda liked how it gave each pokémon just a bit more personality

Am I the only one that misses the old Safari Zone? Honestly, it felt shafted off to the side.

Why are so many legendaries just... there? The whole Magic Ring thing felt really awkward. However, I do enjoy simply just running into them.

I mentioned Granite Cave before, so I won't go into too much detail there...

That... is all, suprisingly.

Am I the only one that misses the old Safari Zone? Honestly, it felt shafted off to the side.

Why are so many legendaries just... there? The whole Magic Ring thing felt really awkward. However, I do enjoy simply just running into them.

I agree about the hoop thing. I mean we know Hoopa is behind it, but even then...wait, are we even allowed to discuss the in-game cutscene about an unreleased Pokemon? Either way, it doesn't really provide much more than Diancie did even though it appears to be the cause of all the magic rings. So...no real backstory about them just makes it seem like they're shoehorning in legendaries.

Now, had say, Ho-Oh appeared by descending from the sky a la Rainbow Tower when you had the clear bell, it would have been waaay cooler and fit in with the mythology of the pokemon more.

I agree about the hoop thing. I mean we know Hoopa is behind it, but even then...wait, are we even allowed to discuss the in-game cutscene about an unreleased Pokemon? Either way, it doesn't really provide much more than Diancie did even though it appears to be the cause of all the magic rings. So...no real backstory about them just makes it seem like they're shoehorning in legendaries.

Now, had say, Ho-Oh appeared by descending from the sky a la Rainbow Tower when you had the clear bell, it would have been waaay cooler and fit in with the mythology of the pokemon more.

I didn't get Diancie, so this may be cause of my lack of knowledge, but where was it explained that Hoopa was behind it? It makes logical sense, I suppose, but was it mentioned?

In the Masion, Steven's Mega Metagross' main attacking moves are:

Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Hammer Arm

These mofos couldn't give him at least 50% of his moveset with decent accuracy?! The amount of miss when I team up with him and nearly lose because of it is real!

Those moves all have 90% accuracy. Meteor mash had 85% until gen VI. You just got VERY unlucky.

Sorry for being ill-informed, but who or what is Hoopa?

My only real complaints are Mauville City's new layout, the new Pokémon cries (I can't recognize most Kanto and Johto Pokémon ;_;), and the alternate universe thing.

Getting no EXP from May after the league.

I wish that they would have omitted the fact that the woman on Route 111 kept asking you to rest even after you just healed your Pokémon. It seems kind of counter-intuitive with Masuda streamlining the games, as well as annoying for button-mashers to get out of.

Seemed odd to me that the Winstrates had higher-leveled Pokémon than Wattson. Also was disappointed by the grandma's censored dialogue. "For that, I'm going to smack you!" no more.

Seemed odd to me that the Winstrates had higher-leveled Pokémon than Wattson

I always found that a little bizarre too, although I suppose it makes sense if the routes north of Mauville are "supposed" to be explored after defeating Wattson.

I don't really have any minor complaints, except for the fact you can't rebattle Brendan/May - if I'm not mistaken, we're fortunate enough to get to rematch Wally at the Battle Resort, but I would've been more satisfied if both could be rematched. Sources of post game experience points are definitely necessary and desirable - I can only grind the E4 so many times. Of course, there are secret bases, but I haven't quite gotten around to setting mine up and interacting with other players.

The fact that early on you're already battling people with Meditite yet you have to wait until Mt. Pyre to grab one for yourself. It's gotta have like the largest gap between encountering and catching in the series. I was hoping that it would be placed earlier in the game this time like in Granite Cave or something.

Now that I think about it I guess the same goes for Machop but it doesn't feel as bad because Route 112 is much closer and you don't battle as many Machop.

The Safari Zone is just such a tired gimmick though. And honestly when there's so much stuff in the Safari Zone, having step limits is a nuisance.

the only downside (and imo that's really the only downside to the new SZ) is that you can't use/get Safari Balls anymore. And most people prolly won't care what they catch their mons in, but sometimes it's nice to have something interesting/matching. Not the end of the world though

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom