• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Minor Complaint Thread

@Shiny Shinx; The Battle Maison was the most enjoyable Battle Tower because of the fact that you gain BP after each battle instead after 7 battles and the fact that i can interrupt my streak and leave at any time instead of being able to leave every 7 battles. These changes made the experience much better to me.

I should have been more specific: i have no problem if a previous Battle Tower returns, but i hope it has the changes Battle Maison made. I just hope the future Battle Towers (or if a previous one returns) never go back to being the same way as they were prior to Gen 6.

Last edited:
@Shiny Shinx; The Battle Maison was the most enjoyable Battle Tower because of the fact that you gain BP after each battle instead after 7 battles and the fact that i can interrupt my streak and leave at any time instead of being able to leave every 7 battles. These changes made the experience much better to me.

I should have been more specific: i have no problem if a previous Battle Tower returns, but i hope it has the changes Battle Maison made. I just hope the future Battle Towers (or if a previous one returns) never go back to being the same way as they were prior to Gen 6.

Ah, okay. I didn't think about that. But yeah, I definatly do agree with you. I just hope if the Battle Tower returns in a remake, that, like you said, keeps the Battle Maison mechanics thing. I just hope though that the music and Frontier Brain return to that repective Battle Tower. For example...

If the Battle Tower was in ORAS, then the way you enter would be the same, along with Frontier Brain Anabel along with a music remake thing for it, ya know? But I would make it so it would be like the Battle Maison in the way, like you said, gaining BP after every battle and being able to quit anytime you want.

Hmm... I bet there might be a way to incorporate that mechanic into the other Battle Facilities...

This could just be me having extremely bad luck, but I've been getting paralyzed more often in AS then any other pokemon game. It seems like in every other battle I have some move always manages to paralyze one of my pokemon.

Also, Brendan not being tan in-game even though he is in the official artwork.

This could just be me having extremely bad luck, but I've been getting paralyzed more often in AS then any other pokemon game. It seems like in every other battle I have some move always manages to paralyze one of my pokemon.

If I haven't been paralysed, I've been confused! It seemed to wear off about halfway through the badges but seriously, for the first few days it felt like I couldn't move or my poke would hit itself. It was frustrating but I don't mind because now 9/10 Quick Balls work.

And Rock Smash is an HM. If they could get rid of Flash, then why not Rock Smash either? T_T

Because Flash doesn't actually help you progress through the game at all whereas Rock Smash is a direct barrier to the next section of the game. They needed to make Rock Smash an HM so that it could be impossible to use before defeating Wattson, so that you keep the path that's designed.

Man was this a pain! Honestly a simple fix would have been to keep it a TM and give it to you after you beat Wattson.

Also that the rocks north of Mauville always respawn. The Rusturf Tunnel rocks disappear for good so couldn't they have done that here too!

And Rock Smash is an HM. If they could get rid of Flash, then why not Rock Smash either? T_T

Because Flash doesn't actually help you progress through the game at all whereas Rock Smash is a direct barrier to the next section of the game. They needed to make Rock Smash an HM so that it could be impossible to use before defeating Wattson, so that you keep the path that's designed.

Man was this a pain! Honestly a simple fix would have been to keep it a TM and give it to you after you beat Wattson.

Also that the rocks north of Mauville always respawn. The Rusturf Tunnel rocks disappear for good so couldn't they have done that here too!

As much as I hate Rock Smash being an HM, The_Doctor has a point. If Rock Smash was a TM, you could simply learn a Pokémon Rock Smash in for example X/Y and transfer the Pokémon to OR/AS. Making it an HM is the only way to stop players from going to the next route before you beat Wattson, cause HM's only work outside of battle after you beat a certain gym leader.

I do agree with the respawning rocks being a pain, I always forgot about it and almost never have a Pokémon with Rock Smash with me ugh.

As much as I hate Rock Smash being an HM, The_Doctor has a point. If Rock Smash was a TM, you could simply learn a Pokémon Rock Smash in for example X/Y and transfer the Pokémon to OR/AS. Making it an HM is the only way to stop players from going to the next route before you beat Wattson, cause HM's only work outside of battle after you beat a certain gym leader.

I do agree with the respawning rocks being a pain, I always forgot about it and almost never have a Pokémon with Rock Smash with me ugh.
This honestly isn't hard. Just have some NPC stand there and be all "nope you can't pass." It's not like anyone will miss those fucking rocks.

Regarding the lack of Gym Leader rematches (which definitely should have been in there), it's extra weird cause they are in Trainer's Eyes
I mean, they're literally there, you can see their info and everything, they just can't be battled again
And that annoys me more than the lack of rematches, cause it makes me feel cheated out of my battle

This was probably posted before, but I wish they kept the original Pokémon League design from the original games in ORAS. A single-story shrine motif just doesn't look ominous to me.

This would have been absolutely terrible. It took me long enough to achieve the platinum rank. If I had to battle several trainers in order to get a single flag, I most likely would still be attempting to achieve it. I probably would have given up my attempt.

Yeah, but the thing is, that it seems that normally most people just skip all the battling, and just take the flag and just run out of the base.

Which we have every right to do. Most people I am sure would rather have it be an option than having it forced upon you. A secret base isn't just for battling so there is no reason why the battling should be forced, especially if all you want to do is collect the flag.

My only complaint is that Poke Marts are separate again. I get why they're there, but after 6 games with them merged with Pokemon Centers its hard to go back. At least the Poke Mart theme is more often again.
Sorry, just have to take issue with this. What do you mean you've had six games with merged Poké Centres and Marts? They were merged in BW and XY, that's two games. Do you count every possible version as one game? In that case I suppose it (sort of) makes sense. Counting Black to White 2 as four games is a bit rich, though.

A thing that really niggles me is that you have to boot up the Level Release in your secret base every single time, to get the opponent's Pokémon to lv. 100. Quite often I forget, and all my preparation with activating Exp. Power 3 has been a waste.

Not really a complaint, but something that I found to be a missed opportunity. May and Brendan having a Raichu in the last battle was really odd to me, especially when they have 2 electric rodents in Hoenn they could have used instead. I think it would have made much more sense (and been more interesting) to just give one of them Plusle and the other Minun.

Professor Birch? I thought you loved doing field work. How is it that you're spending time more indoors than outdoors?

Also, Brendan? Why aren't you going around doing field work like you said? ._. It would have been nice if I could see Brendan tiptoe in the ashy grass of route 113, talk to him, and he asks for a battle

Just did the league for the second time, and I find I'm actually annoyed about how the game throws Mega stones and starters at you. Aren't they supposed to be rare? Oh here, have a Metagrossite. Here, have a Latiosite. You know, I just found it outside. Here, have another starter. And probably another one next time.

Just did the league for the second time, and I find I'm actually annoyed about how the game throws Mega stones and starters at you. Aren't they supposed to be rare? Oh here, have a Metagrossite. Here, have a Latiosite. You know, I just found it outside. Here, have another starter. And probably another one next time.

I agreed with this in a way.. I like that we can get more starters, but I thought their execution of giving them to you was weird. Birch is supposed to be a professor of Pokemon and yet he's continually attacked by level 3 Pokemon?? You'd think he'd be smooth enough to be able to calm it down. They made Birch appear to be a moron in this game imo.

I also feel like we got more starters extremely late in the game. It would have been nice if they'd done something similar to XY where you get two sets of starters relatively early in the game. I know it's a remake and they wanted to stay true to the original storyline, but I hate it when you get low level Pokemon at the end of the game that you barely use in game anymore.

Ha, I thought it was genuinely funny when his wife was chasing him, though. Like something out of a slapstick comedy.

Ha, I thought it was genuinely funny when his wife was chasing him, though. Like something out of a slapstick comedy.

I agree on that front -- it was indeed funny. Maybe they did it to poke fun of their original way of giving you a starter?

Yeah, they at least reference it somehow. But surely, this cannot be the last time, because I haven't gotten my Kanto starter yet and I want my Kanto starter. Even if my Bank is full of Charmanders.

Very minor but there was dialogue changes that hit sour spot with me: 1. I missed Mr. Briney giving his passionate roar for Peeko after the Magma/Aqua Grunt took it. The newer one made him look weak.

The older version for players unaware of his line in RSE: "Ohhh, what am I to do? We were on our walk, Peeko and I, when we were jumped by an odd thug... The scoundrel made off with my darling Peeko! Wrrrooooooaaaar! Peeko!"

2. This one really saddened me as it was my favorite quote in the games. In the original RSE after you help Wanda's boyfriend leave the town and come back there will be a singular little twin girl sprite who stands by the Rusturf Tunnel entrance and when spoken to says: "There was a man who dug a tunnel for the lady he loved. I don't really get it, but hey!"

Throw that innocence in with the Verdanturf's music and that always put a smile on my face. I'm very sad that she got replaced by the more aware schoolgirl.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom