• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Minor Complaint Thread

I wish I was able to wear that frilly pink dress outside of contests.

I was hoping that as you moved up in rank or tried different types of contests, you could get dresses in different colors. Then maybe the last one you unlock would be blue like Lisia's! (Blue is my favorite color, so I'm a little jealous. :p) But instead, you're stuck with the default clothing. Oh well.

I was congratulated by Chaz rather than Lisia after winning the beauty master rank (4th), least I kicked his ass to win that ribbon xD

Okay, I finished up the Trick House, and compared to the original one in RS, I was pretty disappointed.

First off, they lowered the number of puzzles from 8 to 6. Why? Why would you cut out part of a bonus feature like this? I was finished before I wanted to be.

Not only that, but the last three puzzles have no trainers. So much for the Trick House being a good training place. They don't have any Pokémon above level 21!

Oh well. In the grand scheme of the game it's not that bad, but the Trick House was one of my favourite features in the originals and I can't help but feel it was butchered in ORAS.

Okay, I finished up the Trick House, and compared to the original one in RS, I was pretty disappointed.

First off, they lowered the number of puzzles from 8 to 6. Why? Why would you cut out part of a bonus feature like this? I was finished before I wanted to be.

Because just as you mentioned it's a bonus feature. And we all know what Gamefreak thinks about bonus features!

The mistranslation of the contest ranks (again).
What do you mean by this? :eek:

To the topic:
The removal of the individuality of Berry trees! One of my favorite parts of RSE were that every berry had its own tree. Only /some/ were palette swaps. Now they're ALL palette swaps. e_e I was looking quite forward to seeing the glorious things in 3D, too...
I was also disappointed not being able to cut the long grass, I recall doing that a ton in RSE.

Something that wasn't in RSE but was sorely needed:
THE ABILITY TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TRAINER. Even if it's just skin tone and hair color. It's still total bullshit that GF introduced this in X and Y and didn't implement it in ORAS whatsoever. -_-

The Eon ticket only allows for one more trip to Southern Island. Why not just allow us free access to it??

I love looking at that place and being able to go back at will would have really made the explorer in me who likes to sometimes just walk the entire region after beating the game happy. :(

No matter where you save in your Secret Base, you always end up standing in front of the PC when you restart the game. Um, I was standing on that mat for a reason; now I just look dumb standing in a corner staring blankly at a screen. Annoying.

Ok, after looking at all available Pokémon in ORAS, I think I have one more (very minor) complaint. At least in Victory Road you can encounter trainers with Pokémon not found in the Hoenn Dex. But it also seems like they're not available at all in ORAS, not even after the Weather Crisis. Which is just a bit annoying cause it means I'll have to trade for it. It's only like three Pokémon and it adds to the whole 'stronger trainers from farway regions' vibe, but it still bugs me a little XD

The mistranslation of the contest ranks (again).
What do you mean by this? :eek:

To the topic:
The removal of the individuality of Berry trees! One of my favorite parts of RSE were that every berry had its own tree. Only /some/ were palette swaps. Now they're ALL palette swaps. e_e I was looking quite forward to seeing the glorious things in 3D, too...
I was also disappointed not being able to cut the long grass, I recall doing that a ton in RSE.

Something that wasn't in RSE but was sorely needed:
THE ABILITY TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TRAINER. Even if it's just skin tone and hair color. It's still total bullshit that GF introduced this in X and Y and didn't implement it in ORAS whatsoever. -_-

In Japan the contest ranks are named after the Gen 1 Poke Balls.
Outside of Japan they're directly translated from the Japanese ranks instead matching the pattern like they did when translating Stadium.

After playing in contests for a while, and watching the Magical Boys anime, I wanted to see contest outfits for every criteria. Brendan should have a Cute outfit, too. May should have a Tough outfit.

I don't know if this is just me, but Brendan is a lot lighter in the game than in the artwork.
In his official artwork he has a bit of a tan but in the actual game he's as light as most of the other characters. I just found that kind of weird ^^'

Speaking of Brendan, he doesn't seem as snarky like in the originals. Granted, he wasn't a total asshole like Blue or Silver, but there were times when he still gave off that typical rival fuel that I love (like when he says that compared to you, your dad actually looks strong for example.) That's one of the reasons why I always pick the female playable character (well the main reason is because I'm a girl myself, but still) because the male characters are usually not the 'nice' rival. I guess I just miss having a rival that's a snarky asshole like in the older games ^^'

Also, even if you can't fully customize your character like in XY, I wish that there was a way you could switch between May/Brendan's RS outfits and their Emerald outfits at least.

And Rock Smash is an HM. If they could get rid of Flash, then why not Rock Smash either? T_T

And Rock Smash is an HM. If they could get rid of Flash, then why not Rock Smash either? T_T

Because Flash doesn't actually help you progress through the game at all whereas Rock Smash is a direct barrier to the next section of the game. They needed to make Rock Smash an HM so that it could be impossible to use before defeating Wattson, so that you keep the path that's designed.

Not only was I forced to put Rayquaza in my team, even though I chose the 4th Pokemon in my party to take out... it started the battle against Zinnia

I switched instantly

Then cried as my Swellow was one shot by Ice Beam xD

---

May and Brenden didn't sit close enough to each other

Last edited:
No matter where you save in your Secret Base, you always end up standing in front of the PC when you restart the game. Um, I was standing on that mat for a reason; now I just look dumb standing in a corner staring blankly at a screen. Annoying.
thats what you are really doing when you are playing the game :p

my complaint is no Mega Dunsparce :(

thats what you are really doing when you are playing the game :p
That kinda depends--if someone KOs my Golurk, I won't be staring blankly. I'll be glaring and yelling loudly. My hubby will attest to that one. Make my Golurk cry and it gets ugly fast. :lol:
my complaint is no Mega Dunsparce :(
Yeah, they really blew their load a bit early with the Mega reveals. I wanted more but oops! We've seen everything! And that just sucks. I mean, no Mega Flygon? No Mega Milotic? And where's my Mega Golurk? =/

Maybe I have the worst luck in all of Hoenn but the Balls don't want to work for me. I've had to pitch upwards of ten Balls to catch some of these Pokemon and for what? Sure, I get a crown on the DexNav but I can also port them over from other games with little trouble.... and blowing through eleven Ultra Balls on a normal Absol makes that very tempting. (I have a shiny Absol on X and she didn't take nearly so long to catch; four Balls later and she was mine. Yeah, I kinda want to send her over because she's shiny and was less of a pain to catch.)

I have a lot of complaints, but here is probably some.

-No Rematches with Gym Leaders. I mean, this is a remake, and we're in the VIth Generation for crying out loud.
-Same thing, no rematches with May, although that wasn't in Emerald either.
-In your own Secret Base, your limited to only three Pokemon. In the originals and Emerald it was the full party, but there wasn't any of the other players joining your base, so...
-Also, I wish when other people were trying to get your flag, you and your minions do that notice Trainer thing and pretty much force a battle. They wouldn't do that if you recruited them in your base though.
-NO BATTLE FRONTIER. At least put the Battle Tower in...
-Needs more sand
-Also, before I forget, Gym Leaders Tate & Liza having only two Pokemon. I mean, I know it's a Double Battle, but they're Gym Leaders. I wish they had the team they had in Emerald: Claydol, Xatu, Lunatone, and Solrock.

-Also, I wish when other people were trying to get your flag, you and your minions do that notice Trainer thing and pretty much force a battle. They wouldn't do that if you recruited them in your base though.

This would have been absolutely terrible. It took me long enough to achieve the platinum rank. If I had to battle several trainers in order to get a single flag, I most likely would still be attempting to achieve it. I probably would have given up my attempt.

Battle Maison is the Battle Tower, adding the Battle Tower would be redudant. And honestly, i hope the pre-Gen VI Battle Tower never returns.

I should have explained myself better... Absolute fail on my part.
I meant that it should be the Hoenn Battle Tower instead of the Battle Maison. It just don't feel right that they just copy and pasted it into Hoenn. It might sound weird, but maybe paint it a different color?:embarass:
Also, just wondering, but why don't you want the Battle Tower to come back?

This would have been absolutely terrible. It took me long enough to achieve the platinum rank. If I had to battle several trainers in order to get a single flag, I most likely would still be attempting to achieve it. I probably would have given up my attempt.

Yeah, but the thing is, that it seems that normally most people just skip all the battling, and just take the flag and just run out of the base.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom