• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Minor Praise Thread!

Grovyle learns Leaf Blade at Lv. 23ish, and that's awesome. The Secret Bases having a Bed that you can sleep on to restore your Team's health is also cool. No feed limit on Pokeblocks is just great, finally it's possible to have a Pokemon with all the Ribbons from Contests, finally. Then the Safari Zone no longer has you do the bait or rock thing, just simple battling and catching. Steven is a majorly awesome Champion, I mean he's my favorite Champion what with his battle theme, but it's nice to him play a bit more active role than he did in RS. Cosplay Pikachu is so useful for getting into Contests, especially with it's high Contest stats. There'll be more stuff I feel deserving of praise, but this'll do for now.

• I love decorating my secret base and looking at other people's bases
  • Maxie's losing animation is pretty funny
  • Team Aqua and Magma (especially the admins) have more personality now
  • You can finally get an event Pokemon in game!
  • Zinnia's theme
  • I thought the elite four intros looked really cool
  • and
    Wallace using his champion team when you fight him in the Delta Episode

finally it's possible to have a Pokemon with all the Ribbons from Contests, finally.
You could do that before, it was just harder because the best Pokeblocks could only be made with other people, but that could be offset with Appeal Combos. It was certainly more attainable by DPPt even with the loss of combos.

finally it's possible to have a Pokemon with all the Ribbons from Contests, finally.
You could do that before, it was just harder because the best Pokeblocks could only be made with other people, but that could be offset with Appeal Combos. It was certainly more attainable by DPPt even with the loss of combos.

I meant to say possible for those who don't have all that time to make good Pokeblocks and such. But still, it is nice to have some things eased up a bit, shame that you can't get Ribbons for the Contests below Master but I guess that's supoosed to offset the fact that you can dominate the Contests way easier this time around.

I got a Premier Ball for buying great balls, about time they expanded it to more than Pokeballs

Anything about Zinnia has been pretty awesome. Her theme is one of the best I've heard in the long time and I thought she was a very interesting character.

Despite my initial apprehension of the Abandoned Ship's replacement, Sea Mauville is a pretty fascinating- and eerie- place. The backstory is what gets me; imagining everything that's unsaid is pretty chilling. Especially when you throw the factor of the Odd Keystone in there... maybe that clusterflip of evil spirits has something to do with the facility's downfall?

If you happen to show a Pokemon from the original Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald games to the GAME FREAK person in the black Charizard costume, he'll give you a time traveller's certificate. It's a picture full of the most random, memorable things from RSE- Mr. Briney, Kecleon, the old lady in the hot springs, and more- all in the stupidly nostalgic GBA sprite style. Darn, right in the feels.

The existence of the Draconids at least justifies the creation of the Dragon Tamer trainer class in RS. It kind of didn't make sense to me since Blackthorn was the one with the Dragon clan even if Hoenn had a lot. Now there's a reason for it (though I guess not all Dragon Users are Draconid descendants; seemed like Draconids branched off from another Dragon clan)

The lore implications in the Delta Episode regarding the Draconids and Sootopolitans, especially the Draconids, and the relationship the two groups may have had. The big murals in Sky Pillar and Granite Cave were awesome as well, and the story Zinnia tels you about Rayquaza and how it came down to save the world, PLUS the fact that Rayquaza is revered by some in an almost god like fashion.

Oh my God, so many things. Honestly, I have no room for "minor" praise. Because it's too good. Nothing minor about it, ORAS is absolutely amazing. I love how they totally perfected bringing back old things for nostalgia and keeping it fresh and brilliant at the same time.

Gotta say though, one of the most heart warming things after the opening, the intro, the music, the references throughout the game that rushed old memories into my head, is the certificate you get from the director in Lilycove for showing him a Pokemon from RSE. Sapphire was my very first Pokemon game ever, and I brought a bunch of my old Pokemon to the director, including my first ever, my Swampert, Muddy, evolved from my Mudkip in Sapphire. Getting that gorgeously nostalgic certificate with Muddy on it felt so good. Over 11 years he's been with me.

Overall, everything about ORAS is so perfect. Bringing back old contests, the music, characters new and old, Soaring through Hoenn's skies, the DexNav, Secret Bases, oh and another thing, the credits! So beautiful, especially when they show flashbacks of key battles and what Pokemon you used. It was perfect!!!

In OmegaRuby, after Groudon summons its drought, it has the same effects in normal battles as Desolate Land.

It's fun to challenge all of the trainers on the sea routes because their Water-type Pokemon are pretty much screwed.

among many things, I like how I don't have to have a flier in my party -- Latias does that for me. What a bro...err, sis.

the cutscenes. no doubt. they just make the game look so awesome.

when looker washes up with amnesia, the only thing he has on him is an audinite

heh

amnesia

audino

that's amazing and I refuse to dismiss it as a coincidence

I really, really like the music in the remakes. Both the remixes and the original themes are pretty amazing.

Compared to XY's soundtrack, in which the overworld themes sounded glorious but the battle themes were kind of meh, the ORAS soundtrack really has nothing wrong with it. Even the ear-splitting Drought theme invokes the same desperation and desolateness as the original theme, perhaps even more so this time around because the instruments are not filtered.

That, and Feebas is much, much easier to catch this time around. There is a 5% chance to encounter Feebas using any Rod on any tile on Route 119. There is also a 100% chance if you fish on any tile underneath the main bridge during the daytime.

Last edited:
That, and Feebas is much, much easier to catch this time around. There is a 5% chance to encounter Feebas using any Rod on any tile on Route 119. There is also a 100% chance if you fish on any tile underneath the main bridge during the daytime.

Is there a day/night cycle?! Why have I not heard about this?

Is there a day/night cycle?! Why have I not heard about this?

You really should play the game at night. You really should. Some routes with puddles of water mirror the night sky so brilliantly it's beautiful (part of the routes from Fortree to Lilycove have those puddles with clear reflections). Also, use the Soar feature at night and you'll get to see the magnificent night view of Hoenn. The battle scenes are much more pretty at night as well (in the case of battling outdoors))

I really, really like the music in the remakes. Both the remixes and the original themes are pretty amazing.

Compared to XY's soundtrack, in which the overworld themes sounded glorious but the battle themes were kind of meh, the ORAS soundtrack really has nothing wrong with it. Even the ear-splitting Drought theme invokes the same desperation and desolateness as the original theme, perhaps even more so this time around because the instruments are not filtered.

If that's the case. then for the first time in forever...I think I'll raise a Milotic for my main party :D

If that's the case. then for the first time in forever...I think I'll raise a Milotic for my main party :D

I think I will too. The only problem is you get it so late in the game. I reckon playing with a party of five that far will make them overlevelled.

I like how the delta episode gives us a canonical explanation about Teleporters. I've always questioned what happened in those. And now we know - warp holes incorporated into technology. I wonder if Poke balls use similar technology?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom