• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Seasonal Discussions The Misfit of Demon King Academy - Isekai? No, no. Only fantasy here.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy - pre-air

SoaringDylan

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score
Even though Silver Link has been creating great quality Isekai shows over the last couple of seasons, this season it seems there has been a revelation and no new Isekai shows are airing at all.
This season, Silver Link is bringing us a Fantasy anime adaptation from the light novel 'The Misfit of Demon King Academy'.

After 2000 years, the demon king has reincarnated into his own world, however when he ends up going to the demon king academy his 'aptitude' for becoming a Demon King is 'Inept'.

While the small synopsis of the series sounds like it may be a comedy show, it appears to be more focused around the magical and fantastical sides, of course, with a lot of fights.

The show will start airing later today. With the lack of shows to fill my isekai need this season, I hope that this fantasy show will fill the craving in my heart!

What about you guys, will you be watching this show? Are you hyped? or will you ignore it (for now)?

The story sounds interesting and character designs are nice, but I'm going to have to wait on watching this. I want to see how many episodes it'll have first (probably not a whole lot since it's adapted from a relatively recent LN that's still young in volumes) before I dive into it, I also might just read either the LN or manga first instead if I can find it translated.

After looking up more of the characters Shin Reglia looks the coolest to me so far:
I thought that long strand of hair was a scar at first tbh
Shin-Reglia.png

Episode 1 - Spoilers behold!
After watching Episode 1... I must say I'm actually really excited for this show!
The effects animation reminds me of Bofuri and shows that Silver Link is going to be bringing us another great adaptation, animation quality wise.

But besides quality, the show itself seems to actually be really fun. Our main character, the reincarnated form of the 2000 year old Demon King, is actually quite a goofball. Power and the bonds shared between comrades & family (loyalty) seems to be everything to him. As well as his second-hand humor that nobody in the current age understands anymore.

In this first episode we're introduced to some of the main cast, as well as some bits of information when it comes to the caste system that this kingdom? seems to be having. As our MC easily defeats a demon lord and everyone appears to be confused how a lowly commoner could achieve such a thing.
I do wonder if the nobility are only direct descendants of the old king, or if a commoner can rise into nobility by becoming a demon lord. Seeing as commoners are allowed to go to the demon king academy, as long as they have enough power, as with everything, power means everything in the world of demons.

Ugh. Not gonna lie, I didn't like this one at all. The whole thing just felt flat-out stupid and ridiculous, reading like some bullied teenager's nihilistic power fantasy. The main guy is way too overpowered, with very little humanity at all, does nothing but boast and display how awesome he is, abuses his opponents just to be an asshole, and the show expects me to like him because other characters talk about how kind he is even in spite of his egotistical actions.

Yeah, no. I'm staying the hell away from this one. If you like it, that's cool. More power to you.

Finally got around to watching this a few days back and I binged the last four episodes today, so I decided to bump this thread to give my thoughts.

It's pretty good, yeah Anos is OP but the series doesn't try and hide it (it's the central point), and it's a power fantasy so I'd expect at least some boasting and absurd crap and deus ex machina going on; also he's not that bad, he's neutral to pretty much everyone unless they start something with him first, he (and other characters) are charming so that's another plus for this series, he's actually a genuine and good person. I'll say that the writing could be a bit better though, and they did rush the last two episodes to fit in what they can I guess. So for that I may need to actually read the LN soon then, which is fine (I've spoiled myself here and there occasionally). Anos does carry the show very well which helps since he has an actual personality. I'm thinking that this series may be a parody on the power fantasy trope (it's seems self aware at times), if it is that makes it better.

I would have given this show a 10/10, but the writing could be a bit better at times, and the last two episodes were rushed which lowered my rating for it to 9/10. Regardless season 2 when?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom