• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Seasonal Discussions The Misfit of Demon King Academy - Isekai? No, no. Only fantasy here.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy - pre-air
  • SoaringDylan

The Sobbley Trainer
    Reaction score
    Even though Silver Link has been creating great quality Isekai shows over the last couple of seasons, this season it seems there has been a revelation and no new Isekai shows are airing at all.
    This season, Silver Link is bringing us a Fantasy anime adaptation from the light novel 'The Misfit of Demon King Academy'.

After 2000 years, the demon king has reincarnated into his own world, however when he ends up going to the demon king academy his 'aptitude' for becoming a Demon King is 'Inept'.

While the small synopsis of the series sounds like it may be a comedy show, it appears to be more focused around the magical and fantastical sides, of course, with a lot of fights.

The show will start airing later today. With the lack of shows to fill my isekai need this season, I hope that this fantasy show will fill the craving in my heart!

What about you guys, will you be watching this show? Are you hyped? or will you ignore it (for now)?

Episode 1 - Spoilers behold!
  • After watching Episode 1... I must say I'm actually really excited for this show!
    The effects animation reminds me of Bofuri and shows that Silver Link is going to be bringing us another great adaptation, animation quality wise.

But besides quality, the show itself seems to actually be really fun. Our main character, the reincarnated form of the 2000 year old Demon King, is actually quite a goofball. Power and the bonds shared between comrades & family (loyalty) seems to be everything to him. As well as his second-hand humor that nobody in the current age understands anymore.

In this first episode we're introduced to some of the main cast, as well as some bits of information when it comes to the caste system that this kingdom? seems to be having. As our MC easily defeats a demon lord and everyone appears to be confused how a lowly commoner could achieve such a thing.
    I do wonder if the nobility are only direct descendants of the old king, or if a commoner can rise into nobility by becoming a demon lord. Seeing as commoners are allowed to go to the demon king academy, as long as they have enough power, as with everything, power means everything in the world of demons.

Back
    Top Bottom