• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

The Most Annoying Pokemon to Encounter

Is a Foolish Fool
Reaction score
After playing nearly all of B/W, I think Boldore is annoying to deal with. Even without having Explosion in the wild, you can't KO it in a single shot like some other Rock types can.

Then of course there's Metang in Giant Chasm. It's catch rate is too low to be of any use at catching it but if you manage to do it you've got one of the best Pokemon in the game after just a single level up, since it's found at higher levels than the evolution requirement for Metagross.

Durant are also a pain to deal with. Unless you're using Heatmor to burn it into oblivion, it can severely damage your Pokemon and anything weak to Bug type moves. Even with Heatmor or any Fire type, however, I recall it having Dig when caught in the wild....

Reaction score
Zebstrika, Emolga and Blitzle. ><
Their cries are annoying and outspeed my weak Pokemon.

is a goat now
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Roggenrola line because of its ability. Ugh. Zebstrika's cry also annoys me.

ヘイック
Reaction score
Staravia, Tentacool, Zubat. I like these pokémon but it's very annoying that they appear too often

Reaction score
Durant for Elite 4 training here. Roggenrolla gets the nod when I have a fire type on my team. Annoying ability..

Reaction score
Anything fast...Nothing worse than seeing "Can't escape!" for 5 turns in a row. Especially when you're using Macho Brace/Power items.

Reaction score
Zubat and Golbat. The speed makes it hard to escape, and they use Supersonic/Confuse Ray to "confuse my pokemon and that makes me very upset"

Gangsta's Paradise
Reaction score
Emolga - as much as it's cute, I want audino, not emolga.

Take me for the walk
Reaction score
Geodude and Zubat. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! ...in caves. Thank Arceus for repels.

overswagulate
Reaction score
When Im surfing to a city, Magikarp is like everywhere.

Aperture Science
Reaction score
Oddish. They always use some kind of powder to make you sleep, poison, etc.

Reaction score
Woboffet, I came across one in the Cerulean Cave last night not only can you not flee, but you can't switch whatever Pokemon you have out and you're screwed if its one of your weaker ones

Also Watchog because it seems hard to flee at times and Hyper Fang always takes you down to half-health

misses Alola
Reaction score
Anything with Intimidate or something similar, because it's annoying wait for the animation and text if I just want to flee ASAP.