• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Most Annoying Pokemon to Encounter

In Gen V, its definitely Emolga...or "Troll-molga" as I like to refer to it as. That little bugger can out-speed almost anyone.

Then there's also Golbat, Raticate, and Wynaut/Wobbuffet.

basculin in gen 5 whenever surfing. Really? he seems like the only guy they couldn't program a few more different guys then the few they have when surfing it just gets on my nerves

Anything that's too fast to outrun until your team's levels are in the 60's. And that's quite a bit more than you would expect.

Wobbuffet and Diglett/Dugtrio

At least with the other annoying ones you can run away.

Durant started getting on my nerves in White. Especially since I didn't go with the fire starter, and I didn't have my Victini with me. I just had to use flying types for normal damage. Over. And Over. And over again.

And yeah, red/blue geodudes and zubats were miserable.

Deerling and Tranquill. I'm training my Golurk just outside the Dragonspiral Tower and I run into those two more often than Mienfoo or Druddigon. It's getting to the point where I'm kinda craving venison here. :evil:

(Yes, I know. If I trained in the Tower itself, I'd be better off. But I'd walk out with around 50 more Goletts. So yeah, staying out of the Tower for sanity's sake.)

I have actualy come to peace with encountering pokemon. I don't hate or dread running into a specific one. I just keep on walking unless training where I defeat them.

Durant started getting on my nerves in White. Especially since I didn't go with the fire starter, and I didn't have my Victini with me. I just had to use flying types for normal damage. Over. And Over. And over again.

And yeah, red/blue geodudes and zubats were miserable.

I had that same problem. My pokes were all Level 38-40, and guess what? Bug/Steel resists ALL of their attacks (Hint: I rely too much on STAB). For whatever reason, I had a slot open. Heatmor time.

Boldore are also annoying in all the other caves. I occasionally OHKO a few Pokemon in low-level areas to show their friends that SMUGLEAF. DOESN'T.
FUCK.
AROUND. Sturdy makes this impossible.

Also, Frillish are the Tentacool of Routes 17 and 18. I have Surf, game. WHY WOULD I WANT Level 9s?! I caught one for my Dex, named it (obscenity ahead)
FuckWad (I beat the system.)
, and released. This did not strike fear into the others as I thought it would.

I remember Golbat being a pain. It was pretty fast so more often than not I couldn't escape. Then it would either Mean Look, or use Confuse Ray, and it would just get annoying after this point, as confusion hax plus its attacks would do decent damage. -_- Annoying -- I'm glad there was none in Victory Road in B/W. :D

@Blitzle yes Golbat was annoying beyond comparison, especially due to its speed D:

Roggenrola/Boldore due to Sturdy (whenever I wanted to KO them anyway), Golbat, Pachirisu, Foongus/Amoonguss, and any other Pokemon that's got crazy speed or inflicts some kind of status condition or alot of damage when you "can't escape". >=U

In D/P, Floatzel. Why? Because they kick my *ss because they are too fast for me to flee from them. Even my Mew couldn't escape the the horrors of it. And in B/W, any Pokemon that has Sturdy. But I did catch one so I could catch Ditto easily.

I can grow tired of individual species when I see far too much of them (having come off of the sea-based Johto routes, Tentacool comes to mind), but this quickly subsides. Sturdy is always a pain to see on trainers, though - doesn't matter how one-sided it is, they get a free attack. Worst part is, the Pokémon of mine that can have it have already been given Rock Head when I raised them in G.IV, since the Sturdy ability was basically useless back then. *sigh*

Golbat's are the most annoying pokemon for me. Especially If I am trying to train a poison type. or a grass type. They like spamming confuse ray too and its the most annoying move in the world when used against u. High leveled golbat gives u decent exp points though when you beat them. Oh ya any wild pokemon who like to use roar or whirlwind a lot are my enemies! Especially when I am training pokemon or trying to catch them.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom