• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

The Most Annoying Pokemon to Encounter

I love HD
Reaction score
tentacool because they always appear when you are surfing on the waters

Kip

Reaction score
Golbat. Zubat is annoying enough, but its evolved form just seems to be the game laughing at me.

七パーセント
Reaction score
Gen 1: Geodude, Graveler, Zubat, Golbat, Tentacool, Pidgey, Rattata.

Gen 2: The above, Hoothoot, Flaffy, Mareep (Even though I had an Ampharos).

Gen 3: The above, Zigzagoon.

Gen 4: The above, Starly, OMG Bidoof.

And for Gen V I have been recently training my pokemon in various places like Victory Road and the Giant Chasm. I find like in the previous gens these annoying Woobats (might as well be Zubats lol) keep popping up and those Rufflets as well. And just when you can't stand the sight of yet another Boldore it pops up again rofl :p

There are other pokemon I find annoying as well, but I can't remember them all.

Reaction score
I hate running into Durant and Zebstrika because they never let me escape.

I'm Alive
Reaction score
The Pokémon I find most annoying to encounter in the wild is Roggenrola. Not only are there thousands of them, I can't even OHKO them because of Sturdy. :p

AwEsOmE PeRsOn
Reaction score
Kanto- Ratatta, Pidgey, Zubat, Spearow, Geodude, Tentacool
Johto- above plus Sentret
Hoenn- Zigzagoon, Poocheyena, Wingull, Tentacool, Zubat
Sinnoh- Kanto and Hoenn plus Starly, Bidoof
Unova- Patrat, Lillipup, Audino, Roggenrola, Woobat

Reaction score
Zubat.
Why? Because this keeps happening.
Wild Zubat Appears.
Run
Cannot Escape
Zubat used Supersonic
Pokèmon is confused.

DARN YOU ZUBAT! D:
I hate Geodude too due to its high defence (most annoyingly when its in a low-level dungeon and I don't have a water or grass-type with me) but at least I can usually run from those.

Keep moving forward
Reaction score
Emolga. They always appears when I'm trying to train on Pokémon with Audinos, and if I try to attack it, I get paralysed because of their Static ability. :mad:

You WHAT?!
Reaction score
high level magikarp. they wouldn't let me flee, and it would have been completly embaressing to lose to a magikarp, so i had to battle it, and guess how much exp points it gave my cherubi? 20.

the future is not written
Reaction score
The Pokémon I find most annoying to encounter in the wild is Roggenrola. Not only are there thousands of them, I can't even OHKO them because of Sturdy. :p
They're only in one cave o_O there aren't thousands of them...

the future is not written
Reaction score
I meant Roggenrola along with its evolutionary forms, and the fact that they appear multiple times in each cave. Sorry if that wasn't clear. ^^'
Ah, yes, its evolutionary line is quite annoying. Especially if you try to KO all pokemon you meet that you won't catch, like I do *grrr*

Something deeper...A bond
Reaction score
Any pokemon with the ability study. JUST FAINT AND LETS ME MOVE!

This proves nothing
Reaction score
I would have to say any Pokemon with poison sting i swear they just like poisoning me just for th efun of it and always at the time i have no status healing items.

Oooh! A shiny!
Reaction score
Bidoof. Just Bidoof. Their cries just make me want to die.. It's so annoying to hear. That's why whenever I play a Sinnoh region game, I play without sound so I don't die from the awfulness that is Bidoof's cry. Oh, and Woobat, Roggenrola and it's evos. Especially since I can't kill them in one hit.

Egg Hatcher/Shiny Catcher
Reaction score
For me it used to be Zubat and Tentacool, but then I played B/W and now I cringe every time I find a Basculin. I hate those.

#UnovaConfirmed
Reaction score
Anything fast since my lead is usually Reuniclus or Golurk. -__-
I feel your pain, believe me. Why? My Golurk is Brave. "Screwed" doesn't even begin to cover it. :sweat:

While I'm on the water, I hate running into Basculin. Those things are a royal pain to encounter: they can actually hurt you and trying to catch them is a freaking pain. I can't stand them.

Karamazov's oshimen
Reaction score
Any pokemon with hypnosis. It's just not worth the time to deal with those Pokémon.