• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

The Most Annoying Pokemon to Encounter

Back From The Grave
Reaction score
I'm getting sick of running into the regional birds. Pidove/Tranquill and Starly/Staravia are getting on my last nerve. It's like they keep stalking me because most of the time I run into one with the same gender and level as the previous one.

Registered Kitteh
Reaction score
Anything with Selfdestruct or Explosion.
Voltorbs are especially annoying since they're fast enough to prevent escape and/or explode before you can kill them.

..::~Luna~::..
Reaction score
Zubat/Golbat are really annoying. They never go away, and Supersonic/Confuse Ray is just a pain.

Dragonic drifter
Reaction score
Durants. Their durability makes them an annoying regular encounters in the wild.
Selfdestructing Gravelers are annoying, too.

Can't stop me.
Reaction score
I normally don't get annoyed, but I've noticed that Zubat are 3 times as likely to appear in RSE as they are anywhere else in caves.

And then exploding Pokemon. The only thing that scares me when I'm in the wild.

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
In Gen 2, WEEDLE. Cause ur feeling on top of the world, having ur awesome starter, and then it POISONS ur stuff.... "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Lovely
Reaction score
In Gen 2, WEEDLE. Cause ur feeling on top of the world, having ur awesome starter, and then it POISONS ur stuff.... "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"
OMG, I can understand that. It always attacks with poison sting and for some reason my pokes ALWAYS gets poisoned...

I hate the usual Zubats, Golbats, Tentacools, Tentacruels, Wingulls, Pelippers....

Anything that is too common + doesn't let you flee + gives you status problems + doesn't give you enough exp... etc etc etc

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
OMG, I can understand that. It always attacks with poison sting and for some reason my pokes ALWAYS gets poisoned...

I hate the usual Zubats, Golbats, Tentacools, Tentacruels, Wingulls, Pelippers....

Anything that is too common + doesn't let you flee + gives you status problems + doesn't give you enough exp... etc etc etc
Omg, you are SO right. Zubats, I hate with a passion... god, you waste SO much PP on them.

That is... until it's Crobat :3

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd say Basculin in water, Geodude in caves, any random encounter in grass, and Audino in rustling grass when I was looking for Metagross.

Ice Master.
Reaction score
I gotta go with tentacool, tentacruel, the latter especially if I'm low on repel and my team is low on energy. just truly a cruel pokemon to go against with a not so great team.

初段黒帯空手家!
Reaction score
Pokémon with abilities which don't allow you to run or switch pokémon such as Shadow Tag and Arena Trap. These pokémon are Wynaut, Wobbuffet, Diglett, Dugtrio and Trapinch. Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure also have this ability but it is their hidden ability.

Darkness
Reaction score
The most annoying Pokémon to encounter are(in no specific order):

-Bidoof
-Starly
-Tentacool
-Zubat
-Geodude

Indefatigable Breeder
Reaction score
Roggenrola and Boldore.... I. Hate. Sturdy. It makes it so hard to defense EV train and level up in caves.