• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Most Annoying Pokemon to Encounter

Drilbur. When recently trying to get a Water Stone by walking into dust clouds, these guys drove me absolutely crazy every time they attacked. By the time I'd gotten the item, I wanted to stamp on the pests. At least you can use Repels to avoid other wild encounters; no such luck with these. Good thing this wasn't the only reliable way to get more evolution stones in Gen IV, where the menus moved even slower.

Last edited:
most annoying one is hmm let me se ZUBAT!!!
i seriously hate to run into this little guy in a tunnel, especially when i dont have repels, Gastly is also annoying to run into....

Anything that appears WAY too often in caves/in grass, especially when your HP is low. But most annoying of all has to be Roggenrola/Boldore, because of Sturdy.

Staravia. Its cry is annoying like hell and it slows down exiting the battle with Intimidate

Drilbur. When recently trying to get a Water Stone by walking into dust clouds, these guys drove me absolutely crazy every time they attacked. By the time I'd gotten the item, I wanted to stamp on the pests. At least you can use Repels to avoid other wild encounters; no such luck with these. Good thing this wasn't the only reliable way to get more evolution stones in Gen IV, where the menus moved even slower.
This. >.<

I decided to try looking for a few Gems in the caves and what do I run into? Drilbur after Drilbur after Drilbur. They're annoying!
Staravia. Its cry is annoying like hell and it slows down exiting the battle with Intimidate
I learned to hate Staravia when I tried chaining in the Trophy Garden. I swear to Primus, I'd get a chain in the double digits and one of these nits would show up. I can't stand they way they look and the cry...! Every single time I heard that piercing shriek my teeth would start to grind and I'd tense. I never want to see them again.

Any that are really common in a an area I'm exploring. (Magikarp while surfing mostly.)

The ones everyone hates, you know, Geodude, Zubat, Roggenrola... But I really hate running into anything with Intimidate.

In Black and White I can't stand surfing into Basculin. I find them a thousand times more annoying than Magikarp.

I also hate running into the Beldum family, for some reason I find them difficult to catch and battle.

Oh, and I hate anything with the ability STURDY.

I don't mind Geodude, as long as my lead has a Grass/Water/Ground/Fighting move. If I have a Flying type as a lead, I'll probably either switch to the best choice or just run away. Same for Zubat - if my lead has an Electric or Rock move, it'll go down in seconds, but if I have a Grass type out, I'll either waste a minute or two using NVE moves or just not bother (after all, a Zubat isn't worth that much experience).

I hate Roggenrola, as when you face when you're guaranteed to waste at least two turns to kill it. You'll use Razor Leaf, get it down to the red, and then you'll have to use another one, whereas without Sturdy you could probably do it in one hit.

I've also realized that whenever you come across a wild Pelipper, it will always use Protect if you it has it. So if your lead has Fly, you can just use that to troll it, but otherwise it just annoys you.

EDIT:
In Black and White I can't stand surfing into Basculin. I find them a thousand times more annoying than Magikarp.
I also hate running into the Beldum family, for some reason I find them difficult to catch and battle.

Oh, and I hate anything with the ability STURDY.

Probably because Beldum's catch rate is as low as Rayquaza, Giratina or most other legendaries, at 3, and because the only move it can use is Take Down, so it'll probably kill itself before you can catch it.

Gen 1: A wild Zubat appeared!

Gen 2: A wild Zubat appeared!

Gen 3: A wild Zubat appeared!

Gen 4: A wild Zubat appeared!

Gen 5: A wild Woobat appeared!

Gen 1: A wild Zubat appeared!

Gen 2: A wild Zubat appeared!

Gen 3: A wild Zubat appeared!

Gen 4: A wild Zubat appeared!

Gen 5: A wild Woobat appeared!
At least Woobat's only been annoying people for one generation. Zubat's done it in every main series game but BW (because yes, it's back in BW2).

Honestly, I'm finding Sandshrew to be really annoying. I'm playing through Ruby, and that thing has popped up everywhere. It's sprite also looks like it's flipping you off.

Ditto. You know you need it, but it is so hard to both catch and find. I spent hours looking for the blob.

Anything with intimidate, because I'm impatient.
Basculin, painfully ugly fish that is almost everywhere and weak gets on my nerve.

Zubats/Golbats are an even bigger pain to encounter when you're training slow pokemon.

>Run
"Can't Escape!"
"Zubat used Supersonic!"
"X is confused!"
>Run
"Can't escape!"

And then you resolve yourself to fight, but

"Zubat used Bite!"
"A critical hit!"
"X flinched!"

I like Zubat, but it is SO annoying when you're going through a cave. Every two steps, "A wild Zubat appeared!" It makes me wonder, 'Does nothing else live in this cave?!'
Also, any other pokemon that is common in a cave, especially if it uses Selfdestruct or Explode. For me, it's also super annoying when Jigglypuff appears, because they always do it when I'm trying to catch something else, and I never want a Jigglypuff.

The Golbat on Victory Road in Gen II are really annoying due to having both confuse ray and supersonic so that even if you have a strong pokemon it can still keep on hurting itself.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom