• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

The Most Annoying Pokemon to Encounter

Stranded
Reaction score
The Most Annoying Pokemon to Encounter? That would be 2 freaking Zubat at one place. I mean one was more than enough to piss me off but we get to encounter two Zubat at a time inside the Castelia Sewer -___-

Empoleon Fanatic
Reaction score
Trapinch with Arena Trap... Hoenn desert, I couldn't ever get to my friend's secret base without running into one of those pests, although I don't hate Trapinch, Flygon is a fave of mine, I just don't like running into them.

wats a user title
Reaction score
Raticate, zubat, geodude, pretty much what everybody else finds to be annoying to encounter.

Reaction score
Anything with Sturdy, Basculin, the Zubat and Geodude families, and Kricketune. I freaking hate that thing. Especially in the Trophy Garden when I'm looking for Eevee.

♡ mk. vier ♡
Reaction score
Same here, anything with Sturdy is incredibly irritating. And it feels like a TON of Pokemon in BW have that ability, like all the Roggenrola that make me waste an extra turn to KO them.

fight me
Reaction score
Wobbuffet. One of my favourite Pokemon, but if you run into one usually one of your team members is going to bite the dust. Stupid Shadow Tag...

Reaction score
Zubat (instead of Slowpoke in the Slowpoke Well , Poliwag (instead of Poliwhirl) , Tentacool, Patrat, Pidgey, Rattata, Hoothoot (instead of Aipom, Heracross, or Pineco in trees), Geodude (more common in Sinnoh than Kanto ???), Starly, Bidoof, Bibarel, Goldeen, Magikarp,and the cursed AUDINO(got Black version, searching a Throh ,sniff acompained with tons of rage, searched for 4 condemmed hour).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I filled up my PC in Black to avoid having to catch Reshiram, later on when I was emptying out my PC I think I absent-mindely released a shiny Patrat (right when I was releasing it, I saw the red star indicating shiny-ness...) Oh well

Reaction score
Emerald: Tentacool and Wurmple.
Sinnoh: Bidoof.
Unova: Emolga, when I'm looking for Audino.

Ice Master.
Reaction score
Wobbuffet. One of my favourite Pokemon, but if you run into one usually one of your team members is going to bite the dust. Stupid Shadow Tag...
Wobby ruins your day if you are doing nuzlocke.

Waiting for Hoenn remake
Reaction score
One time, I was training my Quagsire in Cerulean Cave, and I ran into a Golbat. It used Mean Look and the only move I had left was Earthquake....

Dat Alpha Sapphire!
Reaction score
Watchog. Watchog Watchog Watchog Watchog, no other Pokemon has my sheer hatred other than Watchog. Except maybe Zebstrika because of its cursed Flame Charge. Ugh.

Monoceros
Reaction score
Common Pokemon who do not have the right EV points for the Pokemon I am training.
^ This.

I've actually caught myself muttering, "I don't want you. You won't raise Attack!" while I've gone out EV training. Trust me, I take that very seriously, especially if I'm training a Golett.

▲ extremely gay
Reaction score
Emolga in tall grass. I love the little flying squirrel thing, but good god.

I was raising a severely under-leveled Frillish. Audino never did any damage due to immunity, so I thought I was safe. Then boom. Emolga.
"Can't escape!" Followed by a OHKO. I hate unnecessary PokeCenter trips.

For that matter, I also hate Sawk/Throh in tall grass, for similar reasons.

dig

/
Reaction score
Anything shiny that can easily runaway, such as a shiny Tauros in the safari zone.

Reaction score
I was gonna start a new thread about this but I found this one from the search so i hope it's okay to bump it ^^'
I hate running into multiple electric or poison types because 9 out of 10 times they'll paralyze or poison me. Plusle in AS is getting on my last nerve. Ill either get paralyzed from its Static ability, or it'll paralyze me with Thunder Wave -_-

I hate Tranquil as well. Those effin things always spam Detect and it's so annoying. I swear they're stalking me in White. Stupid birds won't leave me alone -_-

Reaction score
Pokemon with sturdy are annoying because you can't knock them out in one hit. You have to waste PP for one of your moves, and they get a chance to attack you.

Also, the Hariyama in Hoenn's victory road that always seem to use whirlwind just before you knock them out so you don't get the experience.