• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Most Annoying Pokemon to Encounter

Charbok

Back From The Grave
Reaction score
I hate running into Zubat and Geodude in every single cave I go into. I also hate running into so many Starly, Bidoof, and Staravia in Diamond and Pearl, especially when I'm looking for a specific pokemon but all I find is these 3.

Raticate, because not only are they everywhere, but they like to use mother-f**king pursuit on my weaker pokemon when training.

As a matter of fact, between the 2nd and 1st generations Raticate just spites me. One of my earliest "pokemon deaths" that happen when I'm doing a nuzlocke run in Red & Blue was from a level 16 (HAX!) Raticate who abused Hyper Fang.

Other than that, I shall join you in my deep hatred for Zubat and Geodude. What makes them worse is that they both have ear-raping cries.

I must be the only person in existence too actually like Zubat.

Im going to say Floatzel, since its thwarted my efforts to chain a shiny Hoppip countless times....

You're not alone SuperSeaking I like zubat too.

I will have to say that I hate to encounter tentacool because I always run into them whenever I need to surf.

Golbat. I like Crobats, but Golbats are just plain evil. Starly are also extremely annoying, and Staravia more so.

Any wild pokemon with explosion, pursuit, mean look or confuse ray annoys the hell out of me for the tediousness of solving this problem or the trips to the pokecenter as a result.

Gyarados, Goldeen, and Seaking whenever I'm fishing. I don't mind Magikarp cause you can escape easy from them...

Golbat. Confuses you, poisons you, prevents you from fleeing. It's got the whole package. :p

THAT is hard. Though, Spearow appeared WAY too much in the Leafgreen/Firered. In the earlier game, its on almost every route, though it was the first shiny I caught.

I forgot to mention Tentacool and Tentacruel when you're surfing, especially in Emerald. I also hate all of the Gyarados in DPP. Every time I go fishing I run into a Gyarados >.>

THAT is hard. Though, Spearow appeared WAY too much in the Leafgreen/Firered. In the earlier game, its on almost every route, though it was the first shiny I caught.

I say that's keeping true to Red, Blue and Green...

Not to mention how you KNOW you are going to be thrown in shit when it gets a critical hit from every Fury Attack.

On water, I hate encountering MAGIKARP and TENTACOOL. /angryangry
On land, I hate encounter Hoothoot, especially at night.
In the cave... Zubat is definitely very annoying.

Bronzong for me, as well as pokemon already mentioned in this thread. Unlike other wild pokemon, Bronzongs beat a lot of my pokemon which was really annoying

After 3 hours of EV training Esper the Mewtwo in Platinum, Gastly is really annoying. ._. I love ya to death, but dear god, your cry! High-pitched screeching gets annoying, moreso when it's self-inflicted, a la EV training. I nearly wanted to mute my game when it came to EV training Aku the Darkrai. Yeesh.

Bronzong for me, as well as pokemon already mentioned in this thread. Unlike other wild pokemon, Bronzongs beat a lot of my pokemon which was really annoying

Where the hell do you encounter wild Bronzong?

For me the most annoying wild Pokemon is Ralts when I'm trying to catch one. Abra isn't as bad because it's ONLY move is teleport. Ralts will fucking troll you by fighting back and you have no way of knowing it has teleport...until he uses it.

Ever have Ralts break out of a Pokeball then teleport the next turn? Ever have Ralts teleport right after you get him/her into the red? Thank (insert everyone's particular deity here) for the move taunt.

Linoone in Gen 3. More often than not it outsped my pokemon, which lead to me not being able to escape without taking damage. If I had to fight back, usually they'd have a berry or something that'd restore their health. It didn't help that they were found on the longest route in the game, in the grass you couldn't even run in.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom