• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Most Annoying Pokemon to Encounter

After playing nearly all of B/W, I think Boldore is annoying to deal with. Even without having Explosion in the wild, you can't KO it in a single shot like some other Rock types can.

Then of course there's Metang in Giant Chasm. It's catch rate is too low to be of any use at catching it but if you manage to do it you've got one of the best Pokemon in the game after just a single level up, since it's found at higher levels than the evolution requirement for Metagross.

Durant are also a pain to deal with. Unless you're using Heatmor to burn it into oblivion, it can severely damage your Pokemon and anything weak to Bug type moves. Even with Heatmor or any Fire type, however, I recall it having Dig when caught in the wild....

Zebstrika, Emolga and Blitzle. ><
Their cries are annoying and outspeed my weak Pokemon.

Staravia, Tentacool, Zubat. I like these pokémon but it's very annoying that they appear too often

Durant for Elite 4 training here. Roggenrolla gets the nod when I have a fire type on my team. Annoying ability..

Anything fast...Nothing worse than seeing "Can't escape!" for 5 turns in a row. Especially when you're using Macho Brace/Power items.

Zubat and Golbat. The speed makes it hard to escape, and they use Supersonic/Confuse Ray to "confuse my pokemon and that makes me very upset"

Geodude and Zubat. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! ...in caves. Thank Arceus for repels.

Woboffet, I came across one in the Cerulean Cave last night not only can you not flee, but you can't switch whatever Pokemon you have out and you're screwed if its one of your weaker ones

Also Watchog because it seems hard to flee at times and Hyper Fang always takes you down to half-health

Anything with Intimidate or something similar, because it's annoying wait for the animation and text if I just want to flee ASAP.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom