• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Most Annoying Pokemon to Encounter

The Most Annoying Pokemon to Encounter? That would be 2 freaking Zubat at one place. I mean one was more than enough to piss me off but we get to encounter two Zubat at a time inside the Castelia Sewer -___-

Trapinch with Arena Trap... Hoenn desert, I couldn't ever get to my friend's secret base without running into one of those pests, although I don't hate Trapinch, Flygon is a fave of mine, I just don't like running into them.

Raticate, zubat, geodude, pretty much what everybody else finds to be annoying to encounter.

Anything with Sturdy, Basculin, the Zubat and Geodude families, and Kricketune. I freaking hate that thing. Especially in the Trophy Garden when I'm looking for Eevee.

Same here, anything with Sturdy is incredibly irritating. And it feels like a TON of Pokemon in BW have that ability, like all the Roggenrola that make me waste an extra turn to KO them.

Wobbuffet. One of my favourite Pokemon, but if you run into one usually one of your team members is going to bite the dust. Stupid Shadow Tag...

Zubat (instead of Slowpoke in the Slowpoke Well , Poliwag (instead of Poliwhirl) , Tentacool, Patrat, Pidgey, Rattata, Hoothoot (instead of Aipom, Heracross, or Pineco in trees), Geodude (more common in Sinnoh than Kanto ???), Starly, Bidoof, Bibarel, Goldeen, Magikarp,and the cursed AUDINO(got Black version, searching a Throh ,sniff acompained with tons of rage, searched for 4 condemmed hour).

Last edited:
I filled up my PC in Black to avoid having to catch Reshiram, later on when I was emptying out my PC I think I absent-mindely released a shiny Patrat (right when I was releasing it, I saw the red star indicating shiny-ness...) Oh well

Emerald: Tentacool and Wurmple.
Sinnoh: Bidoof.
Unova: Emolga, when I'm looking for Audino.

One time, I was training my Quagsire in Cerulean Cave, and I ran into a Golbat. It used Mean Look and the only move I had left was Earthquake....

Watchog. Watchog Watchog Watchog Watchog, no other Pokemon has my sheer hatred other than Watchog. Except maybe Zebstrika because of its cursed Flame Charge. Ugh.

Emolga in tall grass. I love the little flying squirrel thing, but good god.

I was raising a severely under-leveled Frillish. Audino never did any damage due to immunity, so I thought I was safe. Then boom. Emolga.
"Can't escape!" Followed by a OHKO. I hate unnecessary PokeCenter trips.

For that matter, I also hate Sawk/Throh in tall grass, for similar reasons.

I was gonna start a new thread about this but I found this one from the search so i hope it's okay to bump it ^^'
I hate running into multiple electric or poison types because 9 out of 10 times they'll paralyze or poison me. Plusle in AS is getting on my last nerve. Ill either get paralyzed from its Static ability, or it'll paralyze me with Thunder Wave -_-

I hate Tranquil as well. Those effin things always spam Detect and it's so annoying. I swear they're stalking me in White. Stupid birds won't leave me alone -_-

Pokemon with sturdy are annoying because you can't knock them out in one hit. You have to waste PP for one of your moves, and they get a chance to attack you.

Also, the Hariyama in Hoenn's victory road that always seem to use whirlwind just before you knock them out so you don't get the experience.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom