• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: The most disappointing album(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GastlyGibus

World's worst critic
Reaction score
Exactly what the title suggests. In your opinion, what is the most disappointing album you've ever heard or bought? An album that, for whatever reason, didn't live up to what you expected. Please note that "disappointing" doesn't necessarily have to mean "bad" or anything. Like, here, I'll give an example.

In my opinion, one disappointing album is III by Family Force 5. FF5 is one of my favorite groups, and I really dig all of their stuff. III is no exception. The reason it was disappointing is that is was ridiculously short. With 11 songs, most of them around 3 minutes long, it has a total running time of 35 minutes, which in my opinion is not very satisfying. I finished the whole thing on one trip to work, and when the album repeated in the car before I even got home, I remember saying to myself "Wait, that's it?"

In that sense, it was disappointing because I liked it a lot, but it was really, really short for a full-priced album. So what are you guys' most disappointing albums, and why?

(Please refrain from disagreeing/arguing with other people's choices. This is all subjective and a matter of opinion. ^_^)

Depends entirely on the circumstances - what I thought I was getting into, and what I actually received.

I thought Kanye's Yeezus album would be great. It's an utter mess - take Send It Up for example, a horrible beat, mismatched vocals and squandering of production talent, Daft Punk allegedly made this beat. Christ.

Other albums I've found disappointing are the ones I was convinced that I really enjoyed, but going back at them they can be patchy or have serious lulls, or are just bad. They're disappointing because it makes me question why I enjoyed it so much in the first place :p

I listen to metal, so at least it narrows it down.

For me the worst album I ever heard, and for some reason still have, is Slayer's "Undisputed Attitude" (released in 1996) as 13 of the 14 songs on the album are all Punk covers, I hate Punk music - nothing at all related to the typical Thrash Metal that Slayer plays..

Current 93-Baalstorm, Sing Omega!
Now, I can't be too hard on some of the decisions he made--the split-second cameos, the prominent FX, the constant guest vocals from small children. He's done all of those before, and some of his best albums feature them.
I can, however, be hard on the fact that the whole album pretty much relies on them, uses them to cover up the fact that the whole album is void of substance in composition and that the lyrics convey absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom