• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most epic video game background music tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly epic, but I find the music from Kirby's Adventure to be the best Video Game Music of all time (of all time). It's even better here.

^ Darn, it's only available via torrent. >>

I've been liking Kirby music a lot lately too. Certain songs include, but aren't limited to:

Pop Star - Kirby 64
Grape Garden - Kirby Super Star
Candy Mountain - Kirby Super Star
Galacta Knight - Kirby Super Star Ultra
Masked Dedede - Kirby Super Star Ultra
Yogurt Yard - Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland
Butter Building - Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland
Nightmare ver. 2 - Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland
Rock Star - Kirby 64
Neo Star Volcano - Kirby 64
Shiver Star Factory - Kirby 64
Shiver Star - Kirby 64
Ripple Star Map - Kirby 64
Miracle Matter - Kirby 64
Boss - Kirby 64
Dark Star - Kirby 64
Zero-Two - Kirby 64

And many, many others xD

Torrents have gotten a bad rap, but that ones completely fine to download, the people that made the music set it up.

It's not the fact that torrents have a bad rep, but more the fact that my computer seems to be incapable of extracting anything out of a torrent.

I'm likely downloading it wrong though.

Oh duh, one other song:

Kirby Super Star Credits. All the remixes of it that I've heard do the song justice as well.

I know I'm risking off-topicness, but are you using μTorrent?

Turns out I didn't have one of the torrent programs to begin with. I figured it'd work the same way as regular mp3 files, lol. I'm downloading the torrent now.

More Kirby...

Zero theme - Kirby Dream Land 3
Meta Knight Battle - Kirby Super Star
Escape from the Halberd - Kirby Super Star
Marx - Kirby Super Star

And so on.

EDIT: Just downloaded that torrent.

"Free Breezin' ~ Theme of Son of Wind" is the greatest thing I have ever heard.

Last edited:
Sorry if it's been mentioned but; Burning Force for the Sega Genesis/Megadrive. If you remember it, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Ok then:

WHOH Zone (Super Paper Mario)
Kirby Super Star Ultra Ending (Yes I know other people have done it but...)

On a (slightly) different note, check out the Pikachu Song (Butterfly Remix) it is soooo epic!

I've always been partial to the Obani Gemini theme in Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal.

Oh, and the Forest Temple theme in Ocarina of Time. And the chanting Fire Temple theme from it, too.

And the City in the Sky theme from Twilight Princess--and the Great Bay Temple theme from Majora's Mask.

I play a lot of 3D Zelda...

^That one's pretty awsome. I usually let it just run when I'm playing Dissidia. I'd say the best music I've heard in a video game would have to be from The World Ends With You. I bought earphones for my DS just for this game. You have to check it out.

What about Legend of Mana? I believe I heard something similar in Spice and Wolf.

I'd say the best music I've heard in a video game would have to be from The World Ends With You. I bought earphones for my DS just for this game. You have to check it out.
Completely agree. Sometimes if I leave my mp3 player at home I grab my DS just listen to it. Three Minutes Clapping is my favorite. <3

Pokémon FR/LG: Lavender Town (absolutely aodre this music, especially when it gets all epic about 30 seconds into it)

Spyro The Dragon: Gnasty Gnorc

Tombi! 2: The Ranch Summit (Cursed)
Also the Water Temple (Cursed)
It's funny how when you 'purify' worlds within games, the music is never as epic - such as with Lavender Town in G/S/HG/SS.

Fable 2: Music Box (especially haunting when it plays during the 'dream' level)

We Love Katamari: KuruKuru Rock

That's all I can think of the top of my head right now.
Video game soundtracks can be totally incredible.

Last edited:
It's funny how when you 'purify' worlds within games, the music is never as epic - such as with Lavender Town in G/S/HG/SS.
That is so very true. Also, thanks for posting Tombi 2 music. I haven't heard the music from it in a long time so I'd all but forgotten it =/

EDIT: "Stone Tower Temple" from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. One of my favourite tracks from this series <3

Last edited:
That is so very true. Also, thanks for posting Tombi 2 music. I haven't heard the music from it in a long time so I'd all but forgotten it =/

I just stumbled across it on YouTube - the same user has uploaded what looks like the entire music catalogue from Tombi! 2 which is awesome.
The background music when time stops in Tombi! 2 really kind of freaks me out though :|

Think I know what I'll be playing tonight... just need to get the old PS connected up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom