• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most epic video game boss fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Sky

Very Cool Hunter Dude
Reaction score
A tip of the hat to UltimateSephiroth for most of the title name... D: Just figured there must not be one of these yet. Just name as many video game bosses as you'd like that you found epic to fight. If your list is especially long, put it in spoiler tags please. I will get things started.
Kingdom Hearts Series-Xion, Xemnas, Riku-Ansem (Possesed Dark Form in KH1)
Castlevania-Albus, Barlow, Galamoth (I hate this guy, but he provides a great challenge), Whip's Memory, Julius Belmont, Dracula+Death Tag Team
Megaman Series-Apollo Flame DX, Alpha, MMBN Bass (This guy puts Galamoth to shame!), Sigma X4, Colonel (Zero's Story), Gate, Iris
Sonic-Biolizard, Final Hazard, Perfect Chaos, Egg Viper
Kirby Series-02, Marx, Marx Soul, Meta Knight, Galacta Knight, Masked Dedede
Mario Series-Shadow Queen, Brobot (1st Fight), Bowser (Paper Mario, Paper Mario:TTYD, Mario and Luigi:partners in Time), Magnus von Grapple 2.0, Crystal King
Zelda Series-Zant, Volvagia, Phantom Ganon (OOT), Ganon (OOT and Twilight Princess), Ganondorf (OOT, Twilight Princess, and Wind Waker)
Pokemon Series-Cyrus (Last Fight, Platinum), Cynthia, Primal Dialga, Giratina (Platinum)

vs Yu Yevon in Final Fantasy X

vs Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII

vs Rival in Pokemon Red/Blue

vs Xion in Kingdom Hearts 358 Days/2

vs Biolizard in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

vs Sho Minamimoto, Mitsuki Konishi, and Megumi Kitaniji in The World Ends With You

These are just the ones I know off the top of my head. More added later.

Spoilers for gamez~

Persona 4: second to last boss fight VS Tohru Adachi. Oh my god that boss fight was awesome, the setting and the music to go with it, and the fact Adachi was usually hunched over in a manic manor.

Persona 3: second to last boss fight VS Nyx Avatar. The most awesome boss fight ever for more reasons I can list! "...the Arcana is the Means by which All is revealed..."

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger: second to lass fight in the True Ending. Noel (player) VS Nu. It's only awesome because ~Love So Blue~ plays in the background.

...any many others but those are the only ones that come to mind.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned these battles

Dark Bowser/Dark Star Fawful in M&L Bowser's Inside Story, Final Bowser fight in Super Mario Galaxy (and probably in Super Mario Galaxy 2...haven't got there yet)

Red vs Blue champion battle in the the first generation, also Gold vs Silver along with Gold vs Lance (or Red) in Heartgold/Soulsilver...Brendan/May vs Champion Wallace in Emerald, Brendan/May vs Trainer Steven in Emerald

Luca Blight from Suikoden II.

About half of the game is spent building him up as a near-invincible complete monster of a villain, who spends just about his entire portion of the game with the upper hand and pretty much effortlessly beats you at every turn. And then when you finally do get a chance to fight back...

It takes three separate battles with eighteen of your characters, an ambush with an entire squadron of archers and one last duel with your main character to finally take him down, and he still has enough strength left to get right back up and deliver a good five minute villain speech before he finally dies.

On top of that he's one of the hardest bosses in the game and can take down a lot of your characters in one or two hits with little trouble at all, if you aren't very well prepared when you fight him. He barely even has any magic to speak of, just about everything is sheer perseverance and brute force on his part.

Overall I don't think any boss left quite the same impression on me as he did.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people are going to say this, but the final boss from Kingdom Hearts 2 was probably the most amazing boss fight in a video game for me.

I actually don't even remember much of the game except for that, but man, the final boss was just awesome.

Oh, and Bob the Killer Goldfish from Earthworm Jim.

I was about to metion Bob...

The final boss of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was kind of epic.

As for the final boss pair of M&L: BIS, it's epic, but somewhat easy...

As for the final boss pair of M&L: BIS, it's epic, but somewhat easy...

But you have to admit the music was epic even for a Mario game :)

Also I heard the music for the final Bowser fight in SMG2 and its mroe epic than the first!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Final Boss

Sonic 2 final boss

Kirby's Adventure final boss

Sonic Adventure final boss

Sonic Unleashed final boss

Link vs. Ganon in Ocarina of Time

Link vs. Phantom Ganon as well

.....Link vs. Bongo Bongo too.

I know a lot of people are going to say this, but the final boss from Kingdom Hearts 2 was probably the most amazing boss fight in a video game for me.

I actually don't even remember much of the game except for that, but man, the final boss was just awesome.

I know right? Xemnas is definately the single most epic boss I have ever fought. Have you tried the fight on proud mode? WOW is it that much more epic. On proud mode, Xemnas is the final boss to end all final bosses. Also I thought of another fight...
Magman Dragoon (Megaman X4)-This guy uses HADOKEN and SHORYUKEN on you. NUFF SAID. And he will own you easily assuming you are not using the ride armor or the Double Cyclone weapon.

Shadow of the Colossus. All of it.

i second this motion

also: the final battle vs. giygas in earthbound
vs. the forgotten one in castlevania lament of innocence
vs. gergoth in castlevania dawn of sorrow
vs. seymour in FFX
vs. dullahan in golden sun TLA

aaaand a bunch of silent hill bosses... sepulcher, scarlet, etc.

I know right? Xemnas is definately the single most epic boss I have ever fought. Have you tried the fight on proud mode? WOW is it that much more epic.
Unforunately, I have not...

My PS2 is broken and my PS3 has no backwards compatibility, so I haven't played it in a long while.

I forget most of the bosses I like..ill list them later when i remember

One that I do remember took me by surprise because I never read the Jurassic Park Novels( i have the first one now,just havent read it yet)
the boss stems from an arcade of the Jurassic Park variety..I forget which one but it's a shooter. The boss was the Carnotaurus.. I was not expecting it,nor it's ability to turn friggin invisible :x was totally awesome though

The final boss fight against Liquid Ocelot in MGS4.

Kefka (FFVI) is epick.
Majora (Zelda)
Bowser (Tetris Attack). Yes, A puzzle game.
Vs. Nightmare (Kirby's Adventure)
Vs. Whatever that thing at the end of Amazing Mirror was
Vs. Ganon (Link to the Past)
Any boss battle at all from Sparkster
I never did beat Fawful in the second-to-last battle in Superstar Saga (I think that's the name...)
VAATI (Minish Cap)
VAATI AGAIN (Four Swords Adventures)
Does Luke Atmey count as a boss?
M. Bison. 'Nuff said.
King K. Rool (DKC2)
Some of the later Metal Sonic fights (Sonic CD)
Phantom battles (Link's Awakening)

I'm sure there's more, but I'm trying to push back to the beginning of my gaming. Hard to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom