• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most epic video game boss fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
fight against Kefka in FFVI was epic,Bowser from SM64 with the organ playin in the background, and Sword fight with Ganon in twilight princess was amazing

No one said Mega Man 6 yet, right? Quite the way to close out one of the greatest NES series out there (until MM9 returned it to its roots). Hell, storywise, this really would've been the perfect opportunity to end, because unlike MM3, where Wily's clearly hinted to have escaped his ultimate fate, MM6 was a bit more definite.
MEGA MAN 6: THIS IS THE FINAL BATTLE.

Sonic heroes- Metal Madness

seconded. Somewhat made up for how shitty as the rest of the game was.

Outside the oh-so-obvious Pokemon games...

I'd have to say my favorite final boss is in Final Fantasy X.

One thing to note: I don't consider the possessed aeons or Yu Yevon actual bosses because you're constantly supported by Auto-Life; it's impossible to lose there.

The fight against Braska's Final Aeon, though... Man, that's epic (at least when you're not ridiculously overleveled from other things in the game). Two things I really like here: the battle theme ("Otherworld"), and the Overdrive attack, "Ultimate Jecht Shot". The attack animation blows my mind.

and Sword fight with Ganon in twilight princess was amazing
Yes. Yes it was.

I would have to say the most Epic for myself would have to be in Jet Force Gemini. The Final Battle, where you have to play all three characters, while this huge mega alien thing is attacking you? Come on.
Even though the game itself was never really popular, I loved it.

Lucemon CM in Digimon World Data Squad. You fight him twice, and after the second time, he Digivolves into the final boss, who's even tougher and not quite as epic.

Big Bad Baby Bowser- Yoshi's Island.
Best boss fight ever. Even better music.

I think Red would count as a boss, non?

If so, him.

New fights to add to my listing...
Velguarder Sigma-This guy is a real pain in the ass to defeat. Without armor his attacks are an almost instant kill, and there tricky to evade even then. And even with armor, three hits kills you. He also a a small target as a weak point. He is definately one of the hardest Sigma finals, and on top of that.... You fought 2 bosses beforehand, likely using up an E-Tank or 2, leaving VERY limited methods of healing. The battle theme is also epic. The theme basically says "your screwed now!" Fitting indeed.

Colonel (Playing as Zero)-This fight... I'm glad Capcom gave us this gem. It's a showdown between two saber masters, with an epic background, and an epic theme. I cannot describe how fun this fight is! To bad the English version has terrible voice acting... D8

Kaiser Sigma-If you've fought him... His NAME can bring a sudden sensation of fear! This dude is like Velguarder on steroids... LOTS OF THEM. He too has a small weak point (also his head), but it is much harder to hit due to his large shoulders allowing your attacks to get through only with precise aiming. His attacks may not be as damaging as Velguarder's, but they much trickier to avoid, generally due to the fact he tends to use several attacks at the same time. (Like firing missiles, and then a large laser to block your escape!) And yeah... his theme is ALSO on steroids. It is flat out intimidating. At least I've actually defeated Velguarder... D:

Shadow Devil-Yeah... He's related to the bastard of a boss back in old-school Megaman named Yellow Devil. Unlike his older brother, the Shadow Devil is actually a fun fight from start to finish. He/She/It provides a nice challenge and forces you to stay on your toes to avoid being killed in seconds.

I tihnk Luigi vs Dimentio from SPM would be epic if it were RPG style since he was all along and dealing with a magical psychopath

Compared to most other games out there, I'd be hard-pressed to say that any battle in a Pokemon game is epic.

That said, my favorite boss battle so far has been against The Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3.

NSMB Wii-Final Bowser Fight(Cant believe not many people mentioned this one...)
SMG and SMG2 Final Fight
Sly 2 Final Fight(One of my favorites)
Sonic Heroes-Metal Madness
Mario And Luigi: Superstar Saga- Final Boss
SPM Final Fight

and there are alot more, but im not naming them all

Last edited:
I am the great mighty poo & im going to throw my shit over all the contestents in this contest :D

I am the great mighty poo & im going to throw my shit over all the contestents in this contest :D

To bad Gate (MMX6) is immune to everything minus his own attacks! Your shit will not even stain his armor or stick to it! Gate also has an EVEN BETTER theme. :p

I think most fights in the Metal Gear series have been epic. Even when it wasn't intended to be epic... but the fight that I think takes the cake with sheer epic in my mind will always be the last battle of Ocarina of Time. Link vs. Gannondorf and then, Ganon. When I was like, 10, and first saw that, my mind was BLOWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom