• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most introductory introduction of god's construction.

Lacquer Head

In the flesh
Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! ...wait, I'm being welcomed...thus an introduction is in order. I am Sir Lacquer Head of Nottingham, protector of the vampire's cursed apple tree. Anyway, some things about myself. I'm 22, been playing Pokemon since...the very beginning, I remember receiving Pokemon Red as a Christmas gift in 1998 and never looked back. I have to say, I have distanced myself from the 5th generation, never even played Black/White or Black/White 2 (haven't really owned a video game since 2010 lulz) but I have extensively played the metagame, specifically Pokemon Online. Generation III will hold a special place in my heart, so many good things were introduced that generation, including a lot of my favorite Pokemon.

Unlike most people that grew up with Pokemon...Gen II is probably my least favorite (not including V) AND I rather enjoyed Gen IV. It's probably been a year since I actively played Pokemon Online, though I never placed all that high...though I never tried very hard. I think my highest rating was like 130 on the PO server. My main interests were inner-clan battles, I belonged to a clan that actually valued unique and creative teams over the generic SkarmBliss strategy or whatever. Managed to become an Elite 4 member before high school drama killed it all...yay online gaming. My main specialty and passion was creating monotype teams. The standouts being Flying, Psychic and Steel.

As you can see, I tend to ramble when it comes to this subject, few thinks spark such passionate discussions with me, Pokemon is just one thing that stuck with me throughout my life. The other subject is usually music. I play guitar (not too terribly well) and have experience in bass (4 and 6 string), electric/acoustic/classical guitar and mandolin. I'm a nerd for string instruments. My musical tastes and interests are extremely eclectic and diverse, ranging from gypsy jazz/baroque/orchestra pieces/spanish/bluegrass to Melodic Death Metal and so on. Some of you may notice my name and realize I am a massive Primus fan. That's usually a sign of such tastes. I also have an interest in writing and various language arts...but have never really written anything worthwhile.

As far as television and movies go...I'm not really a big fan of TV. I usually watch documentaries or educational programming, but I have my movies that I like as well...usually something quite lame. Not a fan of anime, in case that surprises anyone. As for gaming, as I already made obvious, I'm not the biggest gamer in the world these days, newer games hold little interest to me. The genres I stick to are RPGs and Platformers. I'm currently playing Pokemon Blue Kaizo, a ridiculous Blue hack...but that added difficulty is what I've always desired from Pokemon.

I'm far too talkative and competitive for my own good, I can come off as arrogant or even narcissistic, but I'm really just an ass. I love to talk and have discussions and am overly honest, you can ask me anything and I WILL answer, no reluctance to have great discussions here! Sorry if this seems like I wont shut up by myself, but the way I figure, if you're going to do an introduction, you might as well do it right.

So...HI! Any questions?

EDIT: I noticed that you allow more choices for gender than just male or female...so you already get massive respect from me...but then I saw this:
The War Room or How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Love Strategy Games. Know that I love you guys...know that...

lol well, I used to like it around 6-7 years ago...just generally not a fan of that whole culture. Also, forgot to mention, I started joining the IRC about a week ago, if that long ago. My name there is Dave.

I generally also generally say the word generally generally too much. Generally.

Hi, welcome to BMGf :) It seems you've been into Pokemon quite a long time. might disagree with you about Gen 2, I find that my favorite and I also enjoyed Gen 4 and 5 a lot. Ive played on Pokemon Showdown but Im not really great and am not very competitive myself ^^; but I have a team that I battle with from time to time. Pokemon is one of those constants in my life as well. I enjoy it a lot :) Im looking forward to Gen 6 and seeing what that adds to the series.

I hope you have a great time here, if you need any help with anything here, feel free to ask me or any other staff member and we'll help the best we can. Make sure to read all the forum rules as well and the rules of the sections you visit, they often have their own. Happy Posting :)

Hi, welcome to the forums. That's one long introduction you have there xD

Hey there, welcome to the forums! :3c It's probably a good idea to familiarize yourself with the rules before you post, and check the FAQ for any questions you may have. After that, feel free to post to your heart's content, and I hope you have an enjoyable time here! If you have any problems, it's best to contact a moderator, a list of which can be found here. Or if you just wanna chat, feel free to leave me a VM or PM, or get acquainted with the community at the Garden Grotto General Chat. Happy posting, friend! And by the way, I really love reading long introductions like yours, because that way it's easier to get to know a person, right? :3

Hi, welcome to BMGf :) It seems you've been into Pokemon quite a long time. might disagree with you about Gen 2, I find that my favorite and I also enjoyed Gen 4 and 5 a lot. Ive played on Pokemon Showdown but Im not really great and am not very competitive myself ^^; but I have a team that I battle with from time to time. Pokemon is one of those constants in my life as well. I enjoy it a lot :) Im looking forward to Gen 6 and seeing what that adds to the series.

I hope you have a great time here, if you need any help with anything here, feel free to ask me or any other staff member and we'll help the best we can. Make sure to read all the forum rules as well and the rules of the sections you visit, they often have their own. Happy Posting :)

Well, I've just gotten burnt out on gen 2...not sure how it didn't happen with gen I though...I suppose it's just a bit more nostalgic. It was also faaar too easy for me...

Welcome! The War Room is for mafia games, so if you enjoy mafia games or would like to learn how feel free to stop by :)

Yeah, I know, I was referring to the Dr Strangelove reference Mein Führer

Hi, welcome to the forums. That's one long introduction you have there xD

I try to make them long and in depth >.>

Hey there, welcome to the forums! :3c It's probably a good idea to familiarize yourself with the rules before you post, and check the FAQ for any questions you may have. After that, feel free to post to your heart's content, and I hope you have an enjoyable time here! If you have any problems, it's best to contact a moderator, a list of which can be found here. Or if you just wanna chat, feel free to leave me a VM or PM, or get acquainted with the community at the Garden Grotto General Chat. Happy posting, friend! And by the way, I really love reading long introductions like yours, because that way it's easier to get to know a person, right? :3

Mmhmm, that's always what I hope for in introductions and it's what I like to do as well, I enjoy getting to know people.

Welcome. I hope you have an enjoyable time here.

I'm sure I will...I mean, I am already lulz

Wow, can't say I've ever seen anyone else who has said their least favorite generation was the second. I've seen third, fourth, fifth... even first once in a while, but never second! Guess that just makes you pretty unique. :) Welcome to the forum, Lacquer! I'm not big on TV either and I didn't have one in my room for years for the looongest time (even now I almost never watch it, ugh).

Anyways, pleasure meeting you!

Wow, can't say I've ever seen anyone else who has said their least favorite generation was the second. I've seen third, fourth, fifth... even first once in a while, but never second! Guess that just makes you pretty unique. :) Welcome to the forum, Lacquer! I'm not big on TV either and I didn't have one in my room for years for the looongest time (even now I almost never watch it, ugh).

Anyways, pleasure meeting you!

I noticed xD gen II seems to be commonly loved. I will admit, I LOVED Heart Gold, it was the last game I played. Gen II just seemed so easy...and I'm not the biggest fan of the Pokemon introduced. It's also nice to meet you~

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom