• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music The Music Recommendation Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I was a bit surprised we didn't have something like this...
If you're seeking something new to listen to, just describe what you're looking for here to get some suggestions from others! Heard a song that you think someone you know might enjoy? Feel free to tag them. This is a place where everyone can hopefully discover some new favorite stuff.
Have fun!

OKI this is a super smart idea!! i will probably make use of this somehow.. probably with sending neechan fifty billion songs (lol) BUT, for now i will leave this to you! i know it's a bit darker than what oki usually listens to, but... pay money to my pain is a classic in the japanese emotional hardcore scene, and they're very good! good for more, emotional (?) times?

Last edited:
For the non-french speakers, have one of the many french cult songs from the 80s.

here's a random list of things i've been listening to on repeat recently

a sweet, catchy ballad from a japanese artist who i think is extremely underrated. reminds me of the spring of 2020, waking up at 2 in the afternoon and talking to my friends all day.

her vocals are unbelievable to me everytime i listen to it.

if suki na uta is nostalgia at its most sweet and happy, ribs is nostalgia at its most heartwrenching. this song makes me so sad whenever i listen to it.

glitzy hyperpop glam with the subject matter of paparazzi by lady gaga. it's like it was created specifically made for me.

despite the memes and jokes, i just love vaporwave.

if you're reading this, please check out all of pogo's stuff.

@Blanc I've been drawing recently (yay!), and there's this specific band I had on repeat yesterday as I finished up a piece—I kept thinking 'neechan would REALLY like this'.

They're called lical, and I'm pretty sure that some members of an midwest emocore/skramz band I like are in it? Their vocalist is really neat, and the guitar is basically eve-style, but quite a bit heavier. (i like to use the word 'crunchy' lol)

At any rate, I've been wanting to send you a lot of music (even though I already have been doing it a bit lately?) so here..

It feels like a mix of your vibes and mine, and honestly that makes me very happy lol. I really hope you like them..
(if not that is fine too ofc) it's good art music I think!

Also your post to my profile
(thank you very much for the smile that brought to me!) made me think of another song too? Even though I don't like summer very much, IWALOID is nice..

(idk if you've seen the two playlists i sent to you too, but please check them out when you have the time too! i miss you a lot, please keep on going! you are the most amazing person ever and my very own world's best neechan♡)

this is my favorite (as well as the only) alola! cover i've found, and it is a BANGER.

a song i was very into, it has a delicious rhythm to it. if you searched it up on Youtube or Soundcloud (the only other platforms i prefer using for music or music videos) the cover is a bit odd (?) with this person er,,lickilickying a plate,, but the song will resonate in your head.

this is actually a cover of the song Non Breath Oblige by PinnochioP, but it has stunning opera vocals, amazing.....well, go check it out for yourself haha!!

gotta love this one

I was in an awful mental situation when I found these (around 2021) and this actually helped me get through it.
these are three variants of the same song, often translated as "Hated by Life Itself" or "Life Hates Us Now"
Mafumafu's cover 命に嫌われている。/まふまふ【歌ってみた】
Kohana Lam's cover 泣きながら「命に嫌われている。」歌ってみた【こはならむ】
Will Stetson's cover (lyrics by Oktavia) Hated by life itself. Rap ver. (English Cover)【 Will Stetson 】「 命に嫌われている。 」

a list of my favorite albums ever in no particular order:

this album is so beautiful and dreamlike, it's some of the most creative indie pop i've ever heard. it takes you from a song about depression that sounds like an anime opening to an upbeat love song about nuclear war. best song off the album is bedroom community.

lady gaga reached into the bag of tricks and brought out the slay for this one. this album isn't as polished as the fame monster, but it is an absolute trip. the album is filled with energy, and it's very important to me personally (this album got me out of a depressive episode). this album showed the world that lady gaga was more than just her extravagant outfits. best song off the album is marry the night.

this, without a doubt, is charli xcx's most experimental album to date. the entire album was made in about 6 weeks, and the subject matter deals a lot with mental health. i also just love the sounds of metal scraping other metal. best song off the album is forever.

marina was at her absolute peak when she made this album. one thing about me is that i love a concept album, and this is one is about the character of electra heart, an angsty 1950s rich housewife, and her failing marriage. the whole electra heart era was explosive, she made a whole 11-part video series about it. best song off the album is evol.

i have a confession to make: i have a bad taste in music. this album is absolutely insane, and it is nowhere near high art. the entire album is a hyperpop mess made out of a bunch of meme samples and early 2010s songs. but the feeling you get from listening to the album for the first time is absolutely insane. the album is entertaining, if nothing else. best song off the album is copyright strike my fucking nuts.

i've been listening to this album since 2nd grade, so there is definitely a lot of personal bias in this but whatever. this album is an actual work of art, iwould honeslty give anything to listen to it for the first time again. best song off the album is flicker.

Anyone got some good SNES soundtracks I can listen to while drawing? Preferably something catchy and upbeat.

I'll probably post some of my favorite video game music here eventually, once I can narrow it down to a manageable list lol (my music tastes are actually exclusively video game music, no exaggeration.) Until then here's two themes from Kirby: Planet Robobot that I really like:

• Staff
Anyone got some good SNES soundtracks I can listen to while drawing? Preferably something catchy and upbeat.
Might I recommend the Plok! soundtrack, if you haven't heard it already? The whole thing is a fantastic technical showcase of the SNES soundchip — plus it seems like it fits that description fairly well.
Other than that, off the top of my head I'd suggest Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Super Puyo Puyo Tsu, SimCity, Pilotwings, and TMNT IV: Turtles In Time as some good ones.

Might I recommend the Plok! soundtrack, if you haven't heard it already? The whole thing is a fantastic technical showcase of the SNES soundchip — plus it seems like it fits that description fairly well.

Other than that, off the top of my head I'd suggest Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Super Puyo Puyo Tsu, SimCity, Pilotwings, and TMNT IV: Turtles In Time as some good ones.
I've heard of the Plok! soundtrack but hadn't listened to it, gotta admit the instruments are pretty impressive though!

Also I have spent SO LONG trying to find that last TNMT song?? I heard it in a video once but I never knew what it was called, I was so hyped when I realized "wait it's THAT song!!" lol
Big thanks for the recommends, I'll definitely be giving them all a good listen (y)

I suggest everyone listen to some Grimes. Very unique artist ,just dont pay too much attention to her lol because she likes to be goofy from time to time(she is also a troll so take everything she says with a grain of salt) and say some dumb stuff. She's dropping a new song tomorrow(Welcome to the Opera) and more will be coming if she doesnt accidentally end up on the moon or something(not a impossible scenario lol). She's rather infamous for starting projects and announcing stuff and then getting distracted(though she's also a mother of two kids).

As for albums,I recommend Art Angels and Visions. Visions was her breakout album. She produced all this herself. Miss Anthropocene is good but kinda dark and theres some uncomfy things she sings about that arent for everyone.

i love grimes! my favorites by her are flesh without blood, kill v maim and delete forever
Listen to Welcome to the Opera, the newest song. Its an absolute BANGER

I have to admit to really loving Player of Games which isnt as popular,but god,the feels.

Sadly she keeps pushing back the new album release,now saying she is bored of it and its old now. Since she's now gone independant,she can release on her own schedule(she seems to have been dropped by her label for failing to produce anything on a deadline.) However with 2 young children, and her becoming interested in other things its not surprising.

I LOVE Flesh without Blood and Kill vs Maim,Delete Forever is good but I kinda like all of Miss Anthropocene,plus We Appreciate Power is becoming more and more relevant with the rise of A.I.

A very niche suggestion, a bit old but emotional, the kind of Greek band that tried to sing in English but never took off

Lazy Lou's Boogie has an amazing album ("いつもそこに君がいた") with only 6 tracks in it.

I love this song too

Another old song I love, but apparently it is not too popular...

this album is so beautiful and dreamlike, it's some of the most creative indie pop i've ever heard. it takes you from a song about depression that sounds like an anime opening to an upbeat love song about nuclear war. best song off the album is bedroom community.
really great record. you ever listen to hey, ily or brave little abacus?

Reawakening this thread...

So basically - I've been meaning to expand my non-Sonic edgy music horizons but don't really know where to look, since I'm not good with genres and such. What music recommendations do you have for someone who listens to a lot of edgy Sonic music? In particular most of the stuff I like is Crush 40 (hard rock), the Frontiers titan themes (metalcore, I believe), and the industrial Shadow-associated themes from Adventure 2, so if you know of anything with similar vibes I'd be willing to check it out.
(please note I won't listen to anything explicit, or anything whose lyrical content deals with romantic love. c: )

Back
Top Bottom