• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh The National Pokedex removal thing had happened a generation prior, but no one seemed to complain.

TapLover

Reaction score
Many people didn't like the Rotom Pokedex from the SM games cause he was annoying and more importantly, didn't have National Dex access but you COULD transfer Pokemon that aren't in the Alolan Pokedex. Now, seeing people complain about the Pokemon Bank replacement NOT allowing you to transfer Pokemon from a previous game that AREN'T in the Galar Pokedex I guess the "#BringBackNationalDex" slogan is a bit dumb and should've happened years earlier (except involving people having a fear of their favourite Pokemon NOT showing up in their Pokedex).

P.S. Madusa knows exactly what we're thinking. The National Dex will never be brought back

I'm pretty sure National Dex was still a mode with the Alolan Pokedex.
It doesn’t seem to be at any point in the game, actually, and I was actually fine with that bit. But restricting the transfer of Pokémon species themselves is what‘s bugging people, me included

It doesn’t seem to be at any point in the game, actually, and I was actually fine with that bit. But restricting the transfer of Pokémon species themselves is what‘s bugging people, me included
Well yeah, I know that. And I'm in the same camp of people bothered by this.

This thread is just arguing the semantics, as Silktree just said.

People are bothered because you cant transfer Pokemon AT ALL that arent in the Galar Dex because they are simply not programming them in the game, they're stuck in the previous game at that point and if you transfer them to Home, they are stuck there because you cant put them back in the game they are from so they're essentially imprisoned there until a game gets relesed where you can. Thats the real problem here. You will have to buy a whole new game at full price just to be able to get your Pokemon out of Pokemon Home and thats a problem.

Actually I did complain, and have complained about it numerous times. On these forums, included. It was nowhere near as bad as the Sword/Shield situation (where the Pokemon can't even exist in the games at all) but it was certainly something I harped on a lot and was the final straw that made Generation VII my least favorite generation of them all.

In /r/pokemon, someone made what I think is a much better hashtag: #PokemonDeservesBetter

After all, the culling is just one of the problems that fans are dealing with. It's the fact that Game Freak has stagnated to mediocrity the last two generations in the face of other Nintendo franchises setting much higher standards of quality in their latest games. And from what we've seen so far in sword/shield, it sadly appears it will stay that way - Unless some crazy miraculous features get unveiled that prove otherwise..

At this point I'm starting to question why people stayed with the series as long as they have since it seems like they haven't been enjoying it for years.
Or maybe the reason why we're so vocal about our displeasure is because we care about the series that much.

If none of us were fans, we wouldn't even be arguing about this controversy. We'd just shrug our shoulders at it and literally be doing anything else right now. But we do care. Which is why I take offense to people saying we're "not fans" just because we're not blindly accepting what Game Freak haphazardly gives us.

Passion has many faces. Anger is one of them.

The fact you gave such a long winded response to a simple question "What made you stick around" only shows what this fandom has become. I'm not asking you to blindly accept everything, but everyone takes this series too seriously now. And this is coming from someone whose been with this series for over 20 years, so I'm just as much a fan as anyone here.

The fact you gave such a long winded response to a simple question "What made you stick around" only shows what this fandom has become.
A paragraph is long-winded? How long is your response to "Why do you stick around with Pokemon"?

everyone takes this series too seriously now.
So:
  • "I still enjoy Pokemon, and i'm expressing that I'm upset because I care about the series"-taking things too seriously
  • "This forum post from one user shows what the whole fandom has become"- totally fine?"

The fact you gave such a long winded response to a simple question "What made you stick around" only shows what this fandom has become. I'm not asking you to blindly accept everything, but everyone takes this series too seriously now. And this is coming from someone whose been with this series for over 20 years, so I'm just as much a fan as anyone here.

If "wanting a top class Pokemon game" is taking things too seriously, I must ask: How low a standard must the games have before you, specifically, decide to quit the franchise yourself?

Really, though... Considering that you're seriously into the discussion of this hot issue, I'd really like to know what your standards are to everyone else's to understand your point.

If "wanting a top class Pokemon game" is taking things too seriously, I must ask: How low a standard must the games have before you, specifically, decide to quit the franchise yourself?

Really, though... Considering that you're seriously into the discussion of this hot issue, I'd really like to know what your standards are to everyone else's to understand your point.
I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO HAVE FUN AGAIN! Clearly nobody does anymore and it bugs me to high heaven. I'm one of the people who have been with t his series most of my life, and love it with all my heart. So why should I be the oddman out who actully knows how to cope with disappointment instead of moving on and just make a decision? Why is it I seem to be the only chill person, why is it I seem to care yet at the same time don't care? If you wanna know my standards, maybe I just don't have any. i just want fun games, it doesn't even need to be top tier, just fun and that's all pokemon should be.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom