• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh The National Pokedex removal thing had happened a generation prior, but no one seemed to complain.

Ah, then yeah it is kinda sad. People only know them for Pokemon than most other stuff, heck we didn't know about they're other game Gigareki till we saw the trademark and thought it was a pokemon.

Ah, then yeah it is kinda sad. People only know them for Pokemon than most other stuff, heck we didn't know about they're other game Gigareki till we saw the trademark and thought it was a pokemon.
I think the three non-Pokémon GF games that fans are most likely to know are Mendel Palace/Quinty (thanks to the unused sprite in RS), Pulseman (thanks to Rotom and the Team Galactic theme) and Drill Dozer (since it actually got ads and Jill is in Brawl). I would also add Magical Taluluto-kun, but I don't know how popular is the Hardcore Gaming 101 site (who reviewed the game).

I care about GameFreak because they make Pokémon games.

What games they decide to develop outside of Pokémon, really doesn't interest me.

Last edited:
I care about GameFreak because they make Pokémon games.

What games they decide to develop outside of Pokémon, really doesn't interest me.
Okay.

It's still important that they expand their line-up though.

Also, I'm a he, Prog.

Honestly, it's just hard taking Game Freak seriously in general if they don't show the new stuff that they actually put in the game. If the animations really are the problem, then show the "unique" animations instead of giving us an empty response and leaving us in the dark. If Game Freak would've shown proof, then I would've taken them seriously, but since they refuse to show, then anyone can already tell that they're either faking it or are too lazy to simply import all animations from the 3DS games.

Last edited:
This. Project Gear is honestly one of the best things that Game Freak has done in a long time and I argue they should have done it years ago. They seriously need to develop other projects because they cannot live off of Pokemon forever. And especially now when Pokemon is under heavy scrutiny. If Game Freak were to somehow lose Pokemon, they would be dead.
Okay, and?

It's still better than solely sticking to Pokemon.
Pokemon just happens to be their flagship? They've always developed other games ever since the beginning but Pokemon kinda supports the whole company, including the other games they produce, so of course that's their main focus. And the point of Project Gear isn't even to come up with a new super franchise to replace Pokemon, it's just to give creative freedom to their developers to produce other games on the side.

I just hope that Town doesn't end up in the same situation as the other GF games (with invisible advertising).
I think one reason why most of their other games go unknown is because they're just really simple games that aren't worth the fanfare?

Honestly, it's just hard taking Game Freak seriously in general if they don't show the new stuff that they actually put in the game. If the animations really are the problem, then show the "unique" animations instead of giving us an empty response and leaving us in the dark. If Game Freak would've shown proof, then I would've taken them seriously, but since they refuse to show, then anyone can already tell that they're either faking it are are too lazy to simply import all animations from the 3DS games.
There actually is proof, if you look for it... or just cheat and look through Joe's tweets, as I do-

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1141053238105595907

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1141029634118737921

Pokemon just happens to be their flagship? They've always developed other games ever since the beginning but Pokemon kinda supports the whole company, including the other games they produce, so of course that's their main focus. And the point of Project Gear isn't even to come up with a new super franchise to replace Pokemon, it's just to give creative freedom to their developers to produce other games on the side.
I never said it wasn't their flagship... Nor am I suggesting that Project Gear will replace Pokemon. That's not going to happen.

What I'm just trying to say is that Pokemon shouldn't be the ONLY thing that Game Freak develops. They, in all honesty, should have another series or two they can work on independently. Unfortunately their small size + constant demand for new Pokemon won't give them that room.

I never said it wasn't their flagship... Nor am I suggesting that Project Gear will replace Pokemon. That's not going to happen.

What I'm just trying to say is that Pokemon shouldn't be the ONLY thing that Game Freak develops. They, in all honesty, should have another series or two they can work on independently. Unfortunately their small size + constant demand for new Pokemon won't give them that room.
It's not the only thing they develop, though... they just don't have another series in continuous development, and I don't think there's really anything wrong with that?

For one, they probably just haven't gotten an idea yet that would be worth turning into a second series. You can't really just come up with a successful series idea on the spot just because you want another series to support. If something came up that was worth the while, I'm sure that they'd be working on it.

For another- Pokemon is still going strong, so they're not in a position right now where a second series is even necessary. Maybe if the franchise was actually dying, it would be time to start introducing something else, but right now there's no need to pour resources into a second series which would probably die well before Pokemon ever does... or risk killing Pokemon outright if it managed to be just as successful, which would be a miracle in itself.

It's not the only thing they develop, though... they just don't have another series in continuous development, and I don't think there's really anything wrong with that?
Again, I am not saying that Pokemon is the only thing they develop. I am aware of their other, smaller projects. But nevermind, cause I'm tired of not getting my point across.

I like how the giant Weavile unleashes a massive wave of energy and the trainers just stand completely still as if there's nothing blowing against them.

I kid though. Well somewhat. It still kind of ruins the moment. But hey, SM had static smiling face anyway.

Okay.

It's still important that they expand their line-up though.

Also, I'm a he, Prog.

I really wish Game Freak did develop more non-Pokemon games than they currently do.

Why?

1). It opens up the teams at Game Freak to other experiences that are not Pokemon related, which in return give them inspiration to really think "outside of the box" for the Pokemon core-rpg games.

2). It allows them to still make money (not as much as Pokemon brings in), so they will not feel the need to push out a game every year. This could extend out each generation of Pokemon a tad more. Gen IV was 4 years long, and is also my favorite generation.

I really wish Game Freak did develop more non-Pokemon games than they currently do.

Why?

1). It opens up the teams at Game Freak to other experiences that are not Pokemon related, which in return give them inspiration to really think "outside of the box" for the Pokemon core-rpg games.

2). It allows them to still make money (not as much as Pokemon brings in), so they will not feel the need to push out a game every year. This could extend out each generation of Pokemon a tad more. Gen IV was 4 years long, and is also my favorite generation.
Well, it was stated that they are putting some more priority on Project Gear for exactly that first reason. They want their developers to get more experience from that. Probably why Town is such a bigger project than their previous side games.

No one complained about the lack of a national dex last gen because it didn't hinder the ability to transfer pokemon

few people actually care about the national dex itself. they want the pokemon they love to return. I don't understand how OP can misunderstand that.

that being said I'm still excited for the games and something I can't stand is when people call others "sheep", "boot lickers" and "apologists" for being excited to play the games. I don't know if you've all seen that, but I've seen a -lot- of people say that on Twitter and it's upsetting because it's a video game and people should be allowed to enjoy things. I'm not an apologist just because I like to enjoy pokemon games, lol

that being said I'm still excited for the games and something I can't stand is when people call others "sheep", "boot lickers" and "apologists" for being excited to play the games. I don't know if you've all seen that, but I've seen a -lot- of people say that on Twitter and it's upsetting because it's a video game and people should be allowed to enjoy things. I'm not an apologist just because I like to enjoy pokemon games, lol
Don't forget "traitors", "disappointment", "dirty casuals", etc.

Also, I did complain about the National Dex back then since that was the post-game for me. It served to me as a checklist to see what I have and what I still need. There's also the fact that I never transfer Pokémon, so having to use Bank for that was extremely annoying.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom