• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New BK Commercials

Roulette

The People's Champion
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if I should put this in The Geeks Corner or Outside the box, move if you must.

So I've noticed that BK (Burger King) has a new advertising campaign. It's a series of commercials advertising their new breakfast, that features singing, dancing, and...flute solos? The first of these commercials showed a bunch of common people stopping what they're doing, joining a singing parade, and going to BK for breakfast. In the middle of all this, some guy comes out with a flute and yells "FLUTE SOLO", and starts blasting away on his instrument. The next one I saw was simply the 'flute guy', who said 1 or 2 lines, shouted "FLUTE SOLO" again, and then started playing (is this even advertisement?). The most recent I've seen shows a paramedic sitting on the back of an ambulance singing (really poorly, I must say) about BK breakfast. Then another guy comes out, sings a really off-key line ('It tastes so yummy-good', respectively), and it goes back to the original paramedic who says something along the lines of, "Uh, ok?". I don't remember exactly.

Anyway, these commercials seem really, really silly to me. I just don't see any comedic value in them. In the second commercial I think there was one thing said about BK itself, then the rest was merely an attempt at humor via flute guy (followed briefly by the BK logo, of course). Does anyone agree? Disagree? Can you provide justifications? Please, discuss.

Yeah, I know. It's a pretty goofy topic, right? I just wondered what you guys thought, I know that my friends and I think that these commercials (and I use that term loosely) are completely stupid.

The first one was awesome, but the ones afterwards are no good.

It doesn't even taste good.

I love their commercials. Especially the long versions.

The first one I saw left me with a case of the chuckles, but the only comedic value the ones after that supplied was due to the sheer badness of the singing/acting/commercial itself. It's gonna get really old, really fast, just like the creepy Burger King King himself. I still see him, staring at me. . . The horror. . .

Now they have breakfast menu pillows with the King's head on one side.

^That's horrifying.

Also, I love how in the first ad, the main hungry guy shoves laundry into his wife's hands, and then abandons her to go get some BK Breakfast leaving her with a puzzled look of "Well, shit..." xD

I see them on Hulu all the time in the commercial breaks, the first one was decent but annoying, the second one where you can put in your own name so the Hungry Guy sings to you is retarded. And there's like, 5 pre-determined names you can use, one of them being "Buddy". That ad was pretty dumb.

Back
Top Bottom