• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

The NEW "Check your Signature" thread

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score
I just made a signature, and I went to the signature section in my profile. But apparently, I can't upload it from my computer?
I'm no moderator (hopefully this doesn't count as mini-modding, I apologize if it does), but I've ran into this issue as well in regards to signatures. My recommendation is to either upload your signature to imgur and then enter a specific link into the signature section (process explained in the spoiler tag below just in case you don't know how). Do note that you cannot resize images from imgur links in Bulbagarden. Alternatively, you can upload and post your signature to the Random Images thread and copy the link from that post.
Hover over your uploaded image, which will bring up an ellipse. Click on the ellipse, which will drop down a menu with four options--select the "get share links" option.
1595641353798.png
Copy the BBCode (Forums) link option and then past it into the image URL section in Bulbagarden.
1595641488546.png

Bucket Hat FTW
Reaction score
I'm no moderator, but I've ran into this issue as well in regards to signatures. My recommendation is to either upload your signature to imgur and then enter a specific link into the signature section (process explained in the spoiler tag below just in case you don't know how). Do note that you cannot resize images from imgur links in Bulbagarden. Alternatively, you can upload and post your signature to the Random Images thread and copy the link from that post.
Hover over your uploaded image, which will bring up an ellipse. Click on the ellipse, which will drop down a menu with four options--select the "get share links" option.
View attachment 135001
Copy the BBCode (Forums) link option and then past it into the image URL section in Bulbagarden.
View attachment 135002
Oh, darn. Okay, thanks for the info.

Minty fresh.
Reaction score
I just made a signature, and I went to the signature section in my profile. But apparently, I can't upload it from my computer?
You can't attach images to a sig the way you can a post, unfortunately. SpinyShell's advice is good, and I would recommend imgur too.

Minty fresh.
Reaction score
A box that opens like a spoiler tag one, but, it isn't about a spoiler.
Boxes that open aren't allowed in signatures. If you mean on the forum itself, you can use spoiler tags for non-spoiler reasons. Just not in your signature.

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score
A box that opens like a spoiler tag one, but, it isn't about a spoiler.
I think what @Snowy is getting at is that a user could hide inappropriate content in their signature in a spoiler tag. They could have the mods check the signature, get approval, and then change the content to something inappropriate in the tag afterwards. I think this would happen irregardless if the content was hidden in a non-spoiler box tag.

Mr. Skuntank
Reaction score
I think what @Snowy is getting at is that a user could hide inappropriate content in their signature in a spoiler tag. They could have the mods check the signature, get approval, and then change the content to something inappropriate in the tag afterwards. I think this would happen irregardless if the content was hidden in a non-spoiler box tag.
That would make sense...