• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: The OLD "Check your Signature" thread (previously NEW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signature check-up. All text and only have phone access at the moment. Too wide?

Should be ok, but won't hurt to double check!
I'm confused by your answer. How would I measure a text-only sig from mobile? I'm displaying the forum in desktop mode, I have the sample image, and I know how to take screenshots of my display. But I don't know how to measure resolution of text. I could in theory figure it out with some math-ing, but I don't know the specific point sizes for the fonts/spacing between lines(my big text is [size=5], while standard-size text is [size=4]. I could theoretically take a screenshot, crop it to only my sig, and check the resolution, but I'm not sure that'd be an accurate reading if I'm rubbing up against borders.

Asking so many questions so I can become self-sufficient on this. I'm removing a few words to reduce my sig's width just in case, but I see myself changing my sig frequently (I'm active in the Writer's Workshop and adjust my sig when I post new content) and I don't see myself making or commissioning a banner anytime soon. Thank you for your help!

EDIT: Idea! Reposting reference image, I'll put them in the same screenshot. Preview doesn't show sig, so I'll eyeball it here and if it's hard to tell, I'll screenshot and use my phone's image editor in case it's close. Not 100% effective, but should get me within a few pixels.

rpC1HfI.png

EDIT 2: It worked! By cropping a screenshot with both my sig and the reference image directly next to each other, I got this:

Cropping of Phone Screenshot.jpg

Heavy .jpg compression means it's not a perfect measurement, but zooming in seems to show my sig just barely fits. Or at least it does with width; my method doesn't work with height, but it seems my sig's well within the 600px height limit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom