• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: The OLD "Check your Signature" thread (previously NEW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoaringDylan

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score
Edit: please go to this thread to check your signatures and avatars now! Thank you!

Welcome all!
In this thread you can ask a staff member to look at your signature and see if it fits our limits. We have said limits to avoid trouble for people with a slower device and/or internet connection.

Before you post you should take a quick look at the rules:
  • The total size of your signature should not exceed 160 pixels in height.
  • Total byte-size for all images put together should not exceed 500 kilobytes.
  • Spoiler tags and scroll bars are not allowed.
  • One extra line to credit the artist(s) of your avatar/signature is allowed, but the rest should still be within limits.
UPDATE AS OF 16TH JUNE 2020: There is no maximum width rule, there is only a height limit and the 500kb size limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Requesting a signature check!
This new set of images was a nightmare to get right on my end. I'm also pushing the envelope a bit further with the text from what I can tell...

It's fine, as the last line is for credits.
I actually meant for the width, not the height. I'm starting to stick longer and longer lines as time goes on, due to reevaluating exactly what I want to put down there every time I make a new signature - I considered putting down both song lyrics and a quote from another character, both fully labelled! Eventually I'm gonna hit that width limit with text alone! I do appreciate the fact that the forum actually has a line showing this width limit right above the signature itself, so it makes it easier to tell on my end.

In any case, thanks!

I actually meant for the width, not the height. I'm starting to stick longer and longer lines as time goes on, due to reevaluating exactly what I want to put down there every time I make a new signature - I considered putting down both song lyrics and a quote from another character, both fully labelled! Eventually I'm gonna hit that width limit with text alone! I do appreciate the fact that the forum actually has a line showing this width limit right above the signature itself, so it makes it easier to tell on my end.

In any case, thanks!
Width is still fine. :) Only around 570px.

Last edited:
Requesting a signature check! The usual deal with image size worries. This time, I also got a bit worried about the width, but height should still be good.

Also, if I may ask, where does one start measuring the pixels for signatures? I'm kinda curious about it, because I actually made a PSD template to check the signature's dimensions myself (and can easily have one of its layers replaced with another new signature when needed)... then I made a fading GIF out of it. I'm certain that the top pixel where the height starts being measured isn't accurate, but I did my best!
J8zMLey.gif

Requesting a signature check! The usual deal with image size worries. This time, I also got a bit worried about the width, but height should still be good.

Also, if I may ask, where does one start measuring the pixels for signatures? I'm kinda curious about it, because I actually made a PSD template to check the signature's dimensions myself (and can easily have one of its layers replaced with another new signature when needed)... then I made a fading GIF out of it. I'm certain that the top pixel where the height starts being measured isn't accurate, but I did my best!
J8zMLey.gif
Your signature is fine.

How we measure it depends. The point is to not slow down the forums for users with slower devices or wifi connections, and while the rule mentions a limit, we follow the spirit, not the letter.

Okay, I admit I'm pushing it real hard this time around. I checked everything myself, but of course, it's important to have that input.

@noworry Should be no need for that - I actually knew what I was gonna do if it was too wide in the first place, and that was shorten the text in that line a bit. It can be shortened further if it's still not enough, but I'm fairly sure the use of the Romaji over the official translated title of this series might have actually saved me the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom