• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: The OLD "Check your Signature" thread (previously NEW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better check it. I have a knack for botching up these things.
Your Signature is currently at 540x175 and 1.7MB. So the length is good but the height is 15 points too tall, and the file size is too big with the 500kb limit ;).
Might be about to cut off parts of the sides since they don't contribute much to the gif lol

This is an excellent idea, but I must pose the question: why isn't this information displayed in profile info? All forums have a generic message in the signature and avatar edit that reads: "Images must not exceed the limitations of x and x."

EDIT: While I'm at it, why don't you just set a limit for signatures and automatically disallow it if it gets too big? I've been on a lot of Pokemon forums that set restrictions.

A moderator contacted me and told me my previous signature was too large, and being a new member, naturally I had no idea what the limit was. I later found that I got a temporary warning for 'excessive signature,' so that was kind of unfair.

(While I'm here, might as well check my signature.)

Better now?

Ack. Cropping took away the power! The grit of it! Oh well.
Still a tad to big in terms of byte size. I've cut down some frames for you, so this one should work:

3P3LOcc.gif

It does look a bit shorter, but I still hope it works. Feel free to ask me if you need any help :D

This is an excellent idea, but I must pose the question: why isn't this information displayed in profile info? All forums have a generic message in the signature and avatar edit that reads: "Images must not exceed the limitations of x and x."

EDIT: While I'm at it, why don't you just set a limit for signatures and automatically disallow it if it gets too big? I've been on a lot of Pokemon forums that set restrictions.

A moderator contacted me and told me my previous signature was too large, and being a new member, naturally I had no idea what the limit was. I later found that I got a temporary warning for 'excessive signature,' so that was kind of unfair.

(While I'm here, might as well check my signature.)
We can't put in something that automatically disallows signatures due to some technical reasons.

Also the PM you got was a simple reminder/explanation. We do have the signature limit both here and in our rules, and I can see how it would be difficult for new users to know that we have a limit in the first place, which is why we contact them about it. It's in no way meant to be a warning ^^;

(Your current signature is all good btw!)

We can't put in something that automatically disallows signatures due to some technical reasons.

Also the PM you got was a simple reminder/explanation. We do have the signature limit both here and in our rules, and I can see how it would be difficult for new users to know that we have a limit in the first place, which is why we contact them about it. It's in no way meant to be a warning ^^;

(Your current signature is all good btw!)

Technical reasons? Then can you still put in some text next to the fields? Text is just text, after all.

Yes, but I did get an actual warning. Still do, in fact.

Technical reasons? Then can you still put in some text next to the fields? Text is just text, after all.
Hey, we'll look into this request. (y)
Yes, but I did get an actual warning. Still do, in fact.
0-point warnings are simple reminders meant to help you figure out the rules and avoid trouble. They are not punishment, and they don't make you more likely to be punished
I hope this snippet clarifies your confusion :)

My old signature disappeared (became a dead link I think) and I have been trying to upload a new one. I tried to use two different image hosting sites and I tried a direct link from the file on my computer, I tried to drag in the image, etc and they all show up like this:
kBPPOn
. Is there something I am doing wrong or are other people having this issue? It all started a couple weeks ago, and I think I have seen other signatures with the same issue (such as MassiveShock11 above right now looks to be having the same problem).

My old signature disappeared (became a dead link I think) and I have been trying to upload a new one. I tried to use two different image hosting sites and I tried a direct link from the file on my computer, I tried to drag in the image, etc and they all show up like this:
kBPPOn
. Is there something I am doing wrong or are other people having this issue? It all started a couple weeks ago, and I think I have seen other signatures with the same issue (such as MassiveShock11 above right now looks to be having the same problem).

This looks to be a problem with the hosting site itself. I'm gonna tag you as well, @MassiveShock11, as it looks like the original site where you posted the image (postimg.org) is down, so I'm gonna recommend you both to use Imgur instead to post images for your signatures. Images uploaded on these forums may end broken and/or not fully functional at times, so it's better if you use that hosting site for your pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom