• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: The OLD "Check your Signature" thread (previously NEW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two questions that hopefully fit in this thread,
  1. If my banner is over 600x160, but I shrink it down so that it fits within those dimensions, does that count as being 600x160 even though the image's original size is much larger?
  2. How do people mange to perfectly center their banners and other images in their signature? Even when I select the "Center" option, my banner doesn't move to the center; instead it stays at the left edge.

I have two questions that hopefully fit in this thread,
  1. If my banner is over 600x160, but I shrink it down so that it fits within those dimensions, does that count as being 600x160 even though the image's original size is much larger?
  2. How do people mange to perfectly center their banners and other images in their signature? Even when I select the "Center" option, my banner doesn't move to the center; instead it stays at the left edge.

Yes, as long as anything you are using in your signature fits within our limits, you can use it. If it was previously larger, it doesn't matter unless it is still larger than the maximum allowed signature size.

As for centering, are you putting an image link into the signature box, or are you adding the image directly? If you use a link, you can center the text, and then hit save which should leave the banner centered.

i need help inserting an image into my sig, and i don't know if there is a thread for sig help, but i'm having trouble making this my banner:

I find that it is much easier to use an image link from a hosting site, but you should be able to insert your image by using either of these two buttons. I recall that you put your current banner in somehow, but I do not remember what method you may have used.

Yes, as long as anything you are using in your signature fits within our limits, you can use it. If it was previously larger, it doesn't matter unless it is still larger than the maximum allowed signature size.

As for centering, are you putting an image link into the signature box, or are you adding the image directly? If you use a link, you can center the text, and then hit save which should leave the banner centered.

Thank you so much.

So there is no way of accurately centering an image if it is directly uploaded... is there anyway to resize an image if it is inserted via link? By directly uploading it, I can shrink it down to fit the maximum dimensions, however I don't know if I can do that if I insert the image as a link.

Last edited:
Thank you so much.

So there is no way of accurately centering an image if it is directly uploaded... is there anyway to resize an image if it is inserted via link? By directly uploading it, I can shrink it down to fit the maximum dimensions, however I don't know if I can do that if I insert the image as a link.

You can use the alignment button above the text box area while editing the signature to adjust the positioning.

You'll have the best results if you use a site that specifically resizes images to any size you need, that way you are less likely to lose quality, and it's easier to control the dimensions.

I find that it is much easier to use an image link from a hosting site, but you should be able to insert your image by using either of these two buttons. I recall that you put your current banner in somehow, but I do not remember what method you may have used.
i tried putting it on imgur, but the link didn't work. for the method i got for my current banner nmlewis provided a link for me.

i tried putting it on imgur, but the link didn't work. for the method i got for my current banner nmlewis provided a link for me.

You'll want to use the BBCode link, which has "IMG" in brackets on each side of the link, that will put the banner directly into your signature.

Here's my sig, we cool?

It measures roughly 210 pixels high, which is a bit too much past the allowed limit of 160 pixels in height. If you could bump it down a little bit, that would put you under the limit and it would be fine.

The banner is fine, but if you are going to be putting it in with those pixel sprites that you currently have, it will exceed the limits, otherwise, you are good to go.

Now that I have my own signature, what do you think?

It looks good but a bit small maybe, at least in my opinion, lovely background

Your signature measures about 180 pixels in height due to the text, but we do give some slack for a line of text to credit the creator or include something brief about you or something related to the forum.

Personally, I think you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom