• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: The new DuckTales Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am very much interested to see how this show plays out mainly because of dat art style tho, I think I'm just going to wait until they release it on either DVD or the local TV stations here... But until then, having seen that one trailer for the thing, all I have to say is that I hope that it gets here as soon as possible.

So, here we stand, on the verge of the season 1 finale.

I’ve gotta say, I think that the show has been amazing so far, especially the episodes after they came back from the break.

I also love the casting of Catherine Tate as Magica De Spell is absolutely fantastic.
In particular, I am looking forward to her showdown with Scrooge McDuck (played by David Tennant) in the finale.
Anything that Tennant and Tate do together turns out brilliantly, and I’m sure this will be no exception.

The one thing I’m kind of upset about with this series at all is how Gizmoduck still gets to exist as a “real” character, but Darkwing Duck is only a TV show. Even then, the opening scene from Beware the B.U.D.D.Y. System was very good.

Oh god that finale was incredible. Incredibly well done as a payoff to everything so far.

The one thing I’m kind of upset about with this series at all is how Gizmoduck still gets to exist as a “real” character, but Darkwing Duck is only a TV show. Even then, the opening scene from Beware the B.U.D.D.Y. System was very good.
They did say that that "wasn't the last we'd see of DW". To be perfectly honest I get the feeling that he's both a TV show and a real person. Whether they based the show on DW, or if Drake Mallard was inspired by the show and took the identity for himself, I can't say. I do get the feeling that there's more to it than what we've seen.

Note that on May 7 more new episodes are coming in and they are no longer restricted to weekends.

Also out of the episodes that have been revealed so far, another character from the 1987 series is also being adapted for the new series, Gandra Dee, who was Fenton's girlfriend in the original series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom