• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: The new life at the aether paradise

Eeveely

ScVi HYPE!!!!
Reaction score
People don't ship Marnie and Gladion enough so I WILL

part 1:
the girl from galar

“Gladion!What are you doing right now ?you’re gonna be late!”Lillie asked gladion on her phone

“The usual, working on TYPE:FULL, weren’t YOU going to bring her from the yellow port ?”Gladion answered.

“She probably doesn’t even know me, you're the current president who should be taking care of these stuff ”.Lillie answered. She wanted Gladion to leave the aether paradise and stop working in his lab for even just a couple of minutes, as he was too keen on his project to the point were he would barely leave his lab to do anything .

“OK fine ,I’ll do it”Gladion said, he sounded slightly mad but it isn't something you wouldn't see coming.

Lillie felt a relief for seeing her brother finally step out of his lab, how much he refused to leave got her worried,she couldn't help but feel good for that.
Gladion took his boat and reached melemele in no time, the boat from galar reached it’s destination not long after, and a 20 y-o, black-haired women wearing a black short-sleeves with the logo of Bolthund sportswear ,a black cap with the same logo, black pants with 2 bright pink stripes on each side,came out of it and walked towards the docks. She’s Marnie ,a quiet, young,black-haired girl that ressembles gladion ,gladion noticed her and waved with his hand when she saw his face directly ,she was immobilized in her place ,she felt a special feeling for him, but she wasn't sure about what to do. He came in front of her and asked her to follow him.
They took his boat back to the aether paradise. She wanted to talk with him on the ride but she didn’t know what to say.
Blue welcomed them and told gladion that he and lillie have some paperwork on hand,so Gladion had to show her the workplace. And gladion started talking with her because he didn’t want Marnie to think that he’s a bad feelingless greedy boss, but also because he shares her the same feelings but was able to hide them.
“So I’ve heard you were a trainer too” Gladion asked

“Huh, yeah , of course, I was even about to win the league in my homeregion, but I had mode interest to work as a scientist instead growing up “ Marnie muttered while blushing

“Would you like a battle field to be between us?” Gladion answered

Marnie looked at gladion in surprise and accepted his challenge. Wich ended up as a devastating victory for gladion. When gladion tried to use the healing machine ,the screen glitched out and the machine malfunctionned, they tried other machines but none of them, this meant that any pokemon that gets hurt will be in pain for too long.
He offered to heal up their pokemon in melemele’s pokécenter, and bring someone from there to fix it and he asked marnie to make sure that no pokemon will battle in his absensce,then he left to the docks to simmon a charizard and leave.
It was all safe for the longest time, until Marnie caught sight of a cotonee that was only able to see the purple glowing poison tail coming from a seviper.
Keep in mind that this is the first time I write a story EVER, so don't hate me

Last edited:
Uhh, if anyway out there is reading this
part 2:
the night out

It looked like it was hopeless for the poor cottonee, but in the blink of an eye,Blue’s pidgeot saved the day by picking up cottonee from the front of seviper, and it’s poison tail hitted the ground without harming any of them

“Oh, that was close, thanks for saving it “ said Marnie after taking a deep breath.

‘”They just can’t do what you want them to , like never,just get ised to it. Man,if the attack landed on cottonee ,we wont be able to do anything since it will definietly faint” Blue answered “I wish gladion will be back soon.” He continued

After less than 30 minutes,wich were enough to make Blue feel like he’s in the aether hell, Gladion returned and gave Marnie’s pokemon back to her ,and the machines were fixed.

“Never be late like that ever again, imagine what would've happened if you didn't come in time”said Lillie while laughing.
"Nothing, if you made sure to get enough healing items" Gladion gritted.

Lillie,Marnie and Blue walked away to get back to their job.

“So what are your plans for this Saturday” Blue asked.

“Anything that doesn’t include running away from sableye while holding carbink” Lillie answered jokingly

“Maybe you should talk about this with Gladion?” Said Marnie curiously ,as it felt weird for her to not bring him with ‘em, Lillie was hit right in her feelings, and just stopped walking and looked down, Blue knew about what’s happening and walked away.

“He doesn’t care about anything….don’t waste your time trying to be friends with him”.Lillie said in tears

Upon hearing this ,she decided to ask Gladion to go out with them, she went to his lab and he refused to ,but she insisted until he accepted her invitation, wich felt weird for Lillie and Blue but they can't say it's bad.

2 days later and the 4 four of them left the doors of the aether foundation, they split up to 2 groups as Lillie and Blue wanted some time alone.they spent a whole day in cafés and restauraunts , telling funny stories , doing pokemon battles…… Gladion noticed how Marnie was getting closer to him , however being a scientist taught him to wait for actual evidence, and decided not to give her the loveball that contains a special pokemon.
The night fell, and instead of returning to the aether paradise, they decided to stay in their old mansion , Lillie and her brother were drowning in memories of their childhood.
Gladion couldn’t sleep after thinking only about Marnie and him being together , the future of silvally and tapu fini’s mist…..
Next morning, Lillie and Marnie woke up earlier
“So how was your date without the date part?”Lillie said as a joke in her usual cheerful voice

“First, don’t do anymore references to old shows, second, I won’t break his watch OK ” Marnie answered

“Sorry for if it weirded you out,but I’m just happy that Gladion finally did what a human would, you’re the best thing that happened to the aether paradise, well ,after Blue and Gladion and me, but still haha” Lillie answered back

Blue and Gladion woke up and they rushed back to the aether paradise.

“We should definetly do it again someday” said Lillie while smiling.

But no answer to be heard from Gladion
The next few weeks weren’t really great, but Marnie and Gladion were getting closer at each other, even their pokemon helped, umbreon liked taking strolls around the place with Marnie ,and morpeko liked to just take naps around Gladion who was enslaved by its cuteness .
Few weeks later, and Marnie decided to move, and tell lillie about her feelings towards Gladion on the lunch break

Last edited:
Here we go ,also small warning :the levels of shipping will raise after this chapter
Part 3:
the supposed friend-zoning

When the time was there for the lunch break, Marnie tried to get a seat alone with Lillie .
The closer she gets ,the more red her face gets , it was a matter of time before she decides not do it, but she was convinced that this is the best thing she can do, as Lillie knows Gladion better anyone else Marnie has ever met,but then ,she remembered the words that Lillie cried while saying ,the words that gave her a bad impression on Gladion , but her feelings toward him couldn’t change .

Once Marnie found herself there, right next to the sister of her love ,words weren’t coming out fluent as the blood in her veins,fear sealed her mouth , being shy blocked her brain ,and no decisions were to be made. She opened her mouth and failed to say anything ,Lillie looked at her , and ignored her weird look, she was forgetting how to even eat or breathe . minutes later,Lillie couldn’t let her like that,it was obvious that Marnie was hiding something.

“Are you going to say something or not?” Lillie asked

“Uh…oh..yea… No… oh ,I was going to ask you ,…Eh……how did you meet Blue and how..did you …..get together? ” Marnie answered . She knew that she can’t base her experience on theirs ,but she had to come up with something in that awkward situation

“Really?”

Before Marnie answered , the time was up and they should return to their work

Lillie smiled and said: “Oh well ,I guess you don’t want to dissapoint my brother and stay here to talk” Lillie left ,Marnie took a deep breath , and went to continue her day, wich wasn’t easy for her with Gladion stuck in her mind, every second of that day went to deciding if she should ask Lillie or not, she tought that Gladion wasn’t interested in her in any way, and didn’t feel a thing for her ,but how could she tell? It seemed that asking Lillie should help her make a decision,but the fear of hearing what she won’t accept ,keeped coming back to her over and over again…
The night is here ,and the decision is nowhere near her, she tried to sleep ,but her feelings are in the way, she was finally deciding to do it but ,what will she ask for ? How would Lillie react? Wouldn’t it be better to just ask Gladion directly? Thoughts just popping here and there ,but it’s hard for her to decide, she never thought that love would bring her pain ,the sun will soon rise and Marnie still can’t sleep .

The day starts , and she was avoiding Lillie,in fear of her bringing up the “life experience” thing, and also Gladion, as she might not controll her heart and mouth when she’s with him, wich is a rare ocassion since he spends most of the time alone in his lab, however ,it didn’t go unnoticeable by him, she always visits him , and leaves her lazy morpeko with him and takes umbreon to walk around the place, the day felt empty without her .
On the first day, he didn’t consider it as anything to keep note of, but 3 days later ,Gladion started seeing this as a problem, but he thought that he is just overreacting because he started believing, that from her side, it’s just drowning in work and not going to a lab of a random person who doesn’t mean a thing to her, this belief started convincing him to ignore his feelings, however ,he didn’t want to screw his relationship with the girl he likes just due to a baseless fear .
He decided to start leaving his lab to look for her ,thinking that he can fix everything by just a short conversation,but even when he gets to walk by her , he doesn’t know what to say, as he was afraid that she might be friendzoning him ,Gladion couldn’t focus on working or anything, the same thoughts kept coming , then he decided that to make a move ….
Meanwhile , Marnie decided to rush to Lillie’s office ,hoping that she was there ,so she’d get there before changing her mind about asking Lillie , luckily ,she was. Marnie took a seat and started talking
“Oh well, I didn’t expect you here ,what made you come” Said Lillie in a smile that won’t last long
“I….it…….it…it’s about….”Marnie got very nervous and started blushing so badly ,but she closed her eyes ,took a deep breath and continued “I…l..love Gladion”
Lillie opened her eyes widly in surprise, and shorly after that, she started crying
“H..his cold heart is a place I believe only I , team skull and his pokemon ever entered , however ,only silvally is still there, opposite to him entering the heart of many even after being guzma’s right hand and working with a street gang, he’s considered the light that removed the aether foundation’s affairs from the shadows even if Guzma was doing the same when HE was the president, but he just doesn’t care about the aether paradise, or me and my relationship with Blue or about the Ubs that…Who knows ,maybe they returned already ,with a random portal over poni island with no guards on it, or about any of his friends. I don’t think you really want to stick with him , he doesn’t like you just like how he doesn’t care about anyone around, I understand that you don’t enjoy hearing this,but you should cut this toxic relationship out of your life , it feels weird to say this about my own brother ,but the truth is not always what you like”
Lillie couldn’t finish without tears rolling on her face. Marnie was stunned and confused ,and didn’t know what to do beyong leaving Lillie
Back to Gladion,
Gladion was done with work ,thankfully he had no meetings or clients etc for today, the next day is the best chance, as both had no work ,so it’s perfect for a date to fix what’s between them, but he spent hours trying to think where to take her? and how to invite her,however ,starting today would be better to get her close to him. The silence in his office was broken by a ring from his phone, a call from the champion of Alola

So, big exams come and go and I return,also in case it wasn't obvious ,this doesn't follow the timeline of the games
Part 4:
The pokemon league

Sun, was calling , Gladion picked up his phone and answered

“Where are you now ?, stop slacking off of your work as an elite 4 member” Sun’s voice was yelling from the phone

“Dude ,if that's what I'll bd hearing,then,I hope someone replaces as an elite four soon” Gladion muttered with anger in his voice

“…… Sorry , I’m just worried about the league , it has been a long time since we’ve last met , and a longer time since someone have defeated 3 elite four members….. you better be here soon ,a challenger is facing Guzma and might win, so you need to be here before that happens, Gladion….” Sun answered with a calmer tone

“ I have some important personal stuff on the line, I need time to find a way fix them I’m already sinking,Sun,stop pouring salt on the wound” a cold voice came from his mouth ” You’re not even sure if he will beat Guzma” He continued

“ Gladion…… Guzma is down to 2 pokemon, I understand what you mean, but if it can wait, you should keep it for later, the league is an urgency…… I don’t know how to help and I’m sure you don’t want to talk about it but a pokemon battle will definetly help cheering you up,you have been depressing yourself over nothing,you’d better be the Gladion everyone knows,the one you actually are,the one who sees the right from the wrong, please Gladion,you are needed here” Sun said with noticeable fear in his words.

“Thanks ,Sun…. I have an idea of what to do” Gladion answered in a barely happier tone, wich is a lot in Gladion’s standards, then closed the call, he removed his lab coat, took his ride pager, and finally ,used the microphone to ask Marnie to leave for the bay of the paradise, then the special loveball he was taking care of caught his eyes and got his gaze fixed on it

“someday……” His weak voice announced.
The goth queen stepped there ,and the wind was messing her hair and her lab coat almost looking like a cape,it was such a windy day for the tropical region,moments later,and her heart skipped a beat,it was pounding in irregular rates, her cheeks glew in red ,and she was just standing looking at him getting closer to her, Gladion looking at her,thought her blushing was cute but talking about it ,didn’t have a chance to happen.

He called charizard and walked towards it , he sat on it’s tail that was still up of the ground, and extented his hand.

“ Come on, get here” Gladion said ,struggling to pronounce a word
“…O -Okay” She then climbs charizard’s tail ignoring her lover’s arm wich broke his heart, but again, he said nothing .
The charizard moved his tail to get it near its back, there they just stepped onto the charizard’s back with Marnie in the front.

“ First time riding a charizard?” He asked her, as she was holding tightly on the dragon

“ Uh…yeah,yeah” Marnie’s face kept getting more red by every letter

He wrapped his arm around her to keep her safe, and took flight. Marnie couldn’t tell if she was happy or not, spending time with her love, but it’s also being attracted to someone who loves no person.however all thoughts started leaving her mind as she started getting a little dizzy and sick, but it wasn’t much of a problem for her ,she wasn’t hurt or something, however ,without controlling herself, she laid her body to the back putting her head on Gladion’s chest, she felt comfort in him, however she refused to talk with him about getting seasick since she refuses to talk with him at all, he however, got his dead white face turned glowing red.
In less than a minute,she fell asleep on him, he kissed her head and said “ Sleep well ,sweetheart” unintentionaly, he couldn’t imagine what would happen if she was awake.
Mt. Lanalika was in sight and Marnie woke up , or at least opened her eyes and left her head somewhere else, “ where are we babe?”, upon saying this , Marnie jumped like a spoink from his chest and realised where she was sleeping for her to blush more and feel awkward. The girl looked back and met his gaze with her red face.
“Uh….I-I..I’m so sorry master Gladion I,I didn’t mean to say that” Marnie muttered , so shy of him and afraid of his reaction
“ It’s fine ,I understand you, I’ve said weirder stuff when waking up,but please, don’t call me master, we’re friends after all” Gladion smiled

Marnie couldn’t think of what to say ,she just sat back to the same position just with more headaches and dizzyness
The flight took 10 minutes ,however, it felt like an eternity for them.
Chazizard finally landed in front of the league. While Gladion easily jumped off the zard, Marnie was somewhere between consciousness and unconsciousness, she turned to the side and threw her body and landed on her feet ,but she tripped over after walking a couple of aimless steps, thankfully, Gladion was there for her,again, she felt comfort in him ,she hugged him and thanked him for his help, then they parted themselves and entered the league, Marnie kept hold of his hand because it made her feel safe ,she wasn’t sure if holding hands made him think that she’s interested in him in any way shape or form, but it made her see clearly, that leaving Gladion would be a pain for her heart ,however she just kept holding tighter to his hand and walking wherever he takes her.
Still dizzy, Marnie was caught off-guard by the sound of an explosion coming from Guzma’s room ,followed by what sounded like an adult announcing the fainting of 2 pokemon ,but the challenger still had 4 pokemon for his battle against the last elite four member ,Gladion. The automatic door opened ,revealing the teenager who gave Guzma,Molayne and Acerola a run for their money.

“Well well, look what we’ve got here ,you ain’t facing a trainer ‘til am announced champion of this region” the teen said with confidence and energy “ I ,the next champion of alola, am Joey ,the tamer of the rarest breeds of the biggest destruction monsters in the history of pokemon, the hero who will dethrone THE sun, I will be announced champion and I will watch you hopelessly try to beat me ,soon ,I’ll smash whoever the weakling behind this door’s name bef-“ Joey laughed maniacly before getting interrupted by Gladion

“Such a pathetic loser, challenging the league with no idea who the elite four are, anyways, no one is behind that door, the last elite four you will have to face is me, Gladion Aether ,the current president of the aether foundation, if you think you will be champion over this region, I’d have to show you how wrong you are ,step into my room and let me finish your team off ”. Gladion answered calmly

I slightly edited the 1st and 2nd parts btw.
Part 5:
The battle begins

Joey was caught off-guard when hearing this, but his hype didn’t go anywhere
«I’ll destroy ya ,edgegod whatever is your name,just like how I destroyed weak percentages like you and everyone in this region ,yer gonna get dissappointed if yer hoping to win, ‘cuz we’all know who’ll win » The teenager screamed showing his urge to battle.
I made a fist of my right hand and not the left one to not squeeze Marnie’s arm ,the words of this 19 years old felt offensive to me, not due to him calling me weak edgegod but because of the way Joey is treating my homeregion, it was a weird feeling for me at the moment,it has been so long since someone bar Marnie moved my heart and surely, a lot longer since I felt that I am a part of a society, it’s the feeling of belonging to something and the need to protect it and shutdown every danger that threatens it, the same feel I had when I was trying to save my family, I should have realised that this was the way the people of Alola look at me with,I shall not let them down…. I should have realised that being an elite four member meant a lot more than what I was doing. I see this challenger as someone special now, but his disrespect towards us should not be forgiven easily.
« Ego is a bad material to build your self-confidence with, but I hope it’s gonna be fun to destroy it in battle . » I answered ,with no excitement to be noted on my tone. Even though I’m excited to finally battle someone in the league, Marnie was just staring at the ground ,as if no flame is heating up. I have no idea what’s with her, and I don’t want to think that she’s ignoring me or something,I just want her to see me battle.I’ve learned that battles are always a way to bring out the truth of each person,and I wanted her to see my truth.
We enter my room that by somehow, is still not diving in dust enough to drain your emotions to the ground, although, the dark colors it always had do the same job, I helped Marnie to get a seat, and she looked weird,but I guess it’s just because she wasn’t talking with me or showing any emotions toward me,I’m very worried that she hates me or something. And the battle begins with my hype still on down-low
I start out with crobat and he goes for luxray, I admit it looks cool but it’s everywhere in Sinnoh
« WILD CHARGE !! » He screams with all his might. Luxray was fully covered with electricity and quickly ran to crobat who just flew away without the need of any orders. I took a sneak peek at Marnie, she was staring blankly at the ground. I can’t focus on anything now that our relationship is priority, atleast for me.
« YOU’RE NOT GONNA KEEP RUNNIN’ AWAY FOR EVER ! CRUNCH !! » He yells,the electric-type jumps amazingly with it’s fangs leaving a white trace
« Air slash.. » I ordered with still no hype in my voice,and my crobat flapped it’s wings throwing blades of air that made contact with that beast,and it was thrown back to the ground, however the air slash itself didn’t do much damage,
« IF YOU WON’T LET ME HIT YOU ,THEN I WON’T LET YOU HIT ME,GO FOR DOUBLE TEAM » Yelling as if he wants to break my ears.I fail to think about anyone louder than him,maybe because I fail to think about anyone other than Marnie,and she is calmest person I’ve ever met,do I like her because of that?But is it just because she wasn’t talking much? Am I someone who prefers ignoring other people and enjoys being the only one who has an opinion? Was I being selfish all this time?
I shook that thought out of my head and ordered crobat to use air slash on,basically evey shadow clone,but it was impossible for this to work since for every clone destroyed two appear,the field was covered by these …….black….electric…pyroar,I can’t unsee it.
«HERE COMES DA ‘RECKING WILD CHAARAGE » He goes as he jumps with his fist to the sky,I wish I had his energy. Crobat,in the middle of the field,was only seeing electricity tackling him from all directions,the strike landed succesfully on my pokemon,and dust covered the field. While I was unable to see anything there,I trusted my pokemon and heartedly believed that he’s still able to battle. When the dust cleared off,I saw my crobat flying to my side of the field,whilst his luxray who was unnoticeably damaged by recoil walked toward his.
Sorry the very slow update, but I'm working on another fanfiction, and I won't enjoy writing if I force myself to do it, add that to the fact that I'm a lazy procastinator and you get the problem

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom