• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Re: Will we get more Mega Evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Where the possibility of a Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert are concerned, I can only anticipate two options myself:

- All three Hoenn starters get Mega evolutions/stones
- No Blazikenite for you

The problem with the former option is how would it affect battling between RS and XY? Obviously the items have to be programmed/patched in to XY (unless they're untradable, like the Griseous Orb) and a similar thing holds true for the mega character models. GF already said they won't be issuing 'balance' patches for XY (for which Mega forms for Sceptile/Swampert would qualify) and if people have already leaked the Mega Latis then why not the other mega starters?

- No Blazikenite for you

Except that one could easily transfer it from X/Y.

IF GameFreak really wants to keep the starters balanced, they HAVE to give mega evos to Swampert and Sceptile.
And I know I've said this a lot, but I WOULD BE PISSED BEYOND BELIEF if they don't get one. Like, it just seems so type-ist to me... The FIRE starter's final evo in Kanto gets two megas, while the other two only get one.... And then the FIRE starter's final evo in Hoenn gets a mega, and the other two don't AT ALL?
STOP DISCRIMINATING GF.

MOD NOTE: All Discussion related to the hypothetical Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert should now go to this thread.

Anyways, aside from the aforementioned two which now have their own pad, I'd like to see these happen:

Mega Shifty
Type: Grass/Dark
Ability: Chlorophyll
Base Stats: 90/150/85/105/85/110

Mega Exploud
Type: Normal
Ability: Tough Claws
Base Stats: 104/130/73/130/83/80

Mega Swalot
Type: Poison
Ability: Gooey
Base Stats: 170/83/110/83/110/45

Mega Torkoal
Type: Fire
Ability: Contrary
Base Stats: 80/85/150/110/130/20

Mega Altaria
Type: Dragon/Fairy
Ability: Cloud Nine
Base Stats: 75/100/115/100/130/85

Mega Glalie
Type: Ice/Dark
Ability: Sheer Force
Base Stats: 100/130/80/130/80/90

Mega Amoonguss
Type: Grass/Poison
Ability: Aroma Veil
Base Stats: 130/85/105/95/105/20

Mega Golurk
Type: Ground/Ghost
Ability: Defiant
Base Stats: 109/160/90/65/90/30

Um, sorry for asking a noob question but can someone explain the concept of "patches" to me? From what I read on this thread, patches can fix the issue of currently non-existent mega stones being unavailable in XY if they are released in ORAS (and also it already solved the issue of the saving glitch in Lumiose City). I had moments where my 3DS wanted to update one of my game cartridges. So is that it? Are patches upgrades to the games that are accessible by everyone at any time because of the 3DS's special features?

Um, sorry for asking a noob question but can someone explain the concept of "patches" to me? From what I read on this thread, patches can fix the issue of currently non-existent mega stones being unavailable in XY if they are released in ORAS (and also it already solved the issue of the saving glitch in Lumiose City). I had moments where my 3DS wanted to update one of my game cartridges. So is that it? Are patches upgrades to the games that are accessible by everyone at any time because of the 3DS's special features?
It means they can update the games over wi-fi to fix things or update the games. This way, they could fix X/Y to include data for new mega stones and Mega Evolutions for X/Y to make them compatable with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire which could include new megas not in X/Y.

It means they can update the games over wi-fi to fix things or update the games. This way, they could fix X/Y to include data for new mega stones and Mega Evolutions for X/Y to make them compatable with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire which could include new megas not in X/Y.

Oh snap, yes I was right! Okay, thank you for answering my question! :)

So this definitely means that more mega-stones not being available in XY's database shouldn't be a problem. Okay, that gives me hope. :)

Okay, so I guess patches are now GF's solutions when it comes to hackers trying to reach the database of the games and revealing spoilers to the public (like discovering an unreleased forme of a Pokemon which hints a new version).

Last edited:
They're downloaded over the Nintendo E-Shop. You have to know about the patch, go to the E-Shop, and manually download it. The 3DS doesn't tell you if there's a new patch for a game, IIRC.

They're downloaded over the Nintendo E-Shop. You have to know about the patch, go to the E-Shop, and manually download it. The 3DS doesn't tell you if there's a new patch for a game, IIRC.

But that isn't a problem. They could make it so that an ORAS game simply can't communicate with an un-updated XY game.
But seriously, I think 99% of the people that bought XY now know about ORAS, and they'll probably find out there's a patch for XY (if there actually is...)

Mega Golem
Ability: Sandforce
Typing: Rock

Mega Machamp
Ability: Iron Punch / Justified
Typing: Fighting

Mega Slaking
Ability: Scrappy (or anything but Truant)
Typing: Normal or Normal/Fighting

I think this one is pretty obvious.

Mega Exploud
Ability: Synchronize
Typing: Dark

Mega Tentacruel
Ability: Infiltrator
Typing: Dark / Poison

Mega Roserade
Ability: Hydration
Typing: Grass / Poison

Mega Camerupt
Ability: Thick Fat
Typing: Fire / Ground

Mega Torkoal
Ability: Flash Fire
Typing: Fire / Rock

Mega Skarmory
Ability: Flame Body
Typing: Steel / Fire

Mega Altaria
Ability: Snow Cloak
Typing: Ice / Dragon

Mega Crawdaunt
Ability: Guts
Typing: Steel / Dark

Mega Milotic
Ability: Multiscale
Typing: Water / Fairy

Mega Ninetales
Ability: Own Tempo
Typing: Fire / Psychic

Mega Pikachu
Ability: A Mega Pikachu exclusive ability
Typing: Electric (I don't even want this one but I think GF will do it eventually.)

A couple of Gen 5 mons better get a mega evo or i'll be pissed.
Yeah, tell me about it. I'd love it to hear that a Unova 'Mon or two got some Mega Evo love. I mean, Unova's my favorite region and I want the awesome critters there to get their due. Mega Druddigon, maybe? Or Mega Bisharp? Mega Sawk, perhaps? Those would be epic. :drool:
Mega Golurk
Type: Ground/Ghost
Ability: Defiant
Base Stats: 109/160/90/65/90/30
^THIS. This, this, this, this, this, this, this, THIS!

This is what I crave, GF. Please, I am begging you: Make. It. Happen! (And if it does I will throw all of my cash money at you while cackling maniacally, as I will be one very happy fangirl.)

You have to know about the patch, go to the E-Shop, and manually download it. The 3DS doesn't tell you if there's a new patch for a game, IIRC.
Actually it does ... sometimes. It doesn't happen very often. (Speaking of which, an option to auto-download software patches would be cool.)

The only things I want are Mega Gallade, Mega Milotic, and Mega Metagross.

Mega Metagross for Steven, Mega Milotic for Wallace, and seriously, Wally needs something now that Diantha decided to claim Gardevoir as her Pokemon.

I shouldn't nickname them like this but whatever...
I want to see Megallade, Megagross and Mega Froslass.

The only things I want are Mega Gallade, Mega Milotic, and Mega Metagross.

Mega Metagross for Steven, Mega Milotic for Wallace, and seriously, Wally needs something now that Diantha decided to claim Gardevoir as her Pokemon.

AMEN. That's exactly the same as my list. :p

In addition it'd be cool if Salamence got a mega. It struck me as vaguely unfair that Tyrannitar and Garchomp got megas while the other pseudo legendaries didn't. Plus Salamence is a favourite.

It struck me as vaguely unfair that Tyrannitar and Garchomp got megas while the other pseudo legendaries didn't. Plus Salamence is a favourite.

And that means Dragonite should get one too....
But I HOPE it doesn't suck like Dragonite does compared to Dragonair...

(It also means that Hydreigon and Goodra should get one as well, but I think they'll want to save those for Gen 7)

Why does ORAS even need to retcon the fact that it is stated in X and Y that Mega evolution is exclusive to Kalos? Nobody ever stated that it will ALWAYS be exclusive to Kalos. Sure, Mega evolution is exclusive to the kalos region... Until it stopped being exclusive to the Kalos region for whatever reason Gamefreak may want to use.

Also, I am still waiting for my Dragonite to receive a mega evolution.

Altaria totally deserves a mega evolution. Although to me it falls in the same category as Chandelure: "Could Game Freak make it look even better?" I doubt it.

I also want Slaking to get one. It wouldn't be hard to make this one look better, though. :lol:

To be honest, Salamence doesnt really need the Mega Evo, though I think it might be high on the list for one -_-

Id rather see Altaria and Flygon get them as far as Dragons go.

To be fair, it (and Metagross for that matter) needs it more then Garchomp and Tyranitar ever did, so there's at least some benefit it can get from that.

However, I do agree that if it does get one, I'd hope for Flygon and Altaria to not be far behind.

Back
Top Bottom