• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
I can see Flygon, Gallade, Milotic, Seviper, Zangoose, Lunatone, Solrock, and Sableye happening.

I don't see anywhere this:

-Shoko Nakagawa saids something like this:

" if they don't think what we see on the box art might be their Mega Evolutions."

Nakagawa thinks that she might Mega Evolutions.

I'll be happy if that's the case because these means more Megas!

Crawdaunt could get a mega. It could be awesome. And I will still hope for Ludicolo and/or Shiftry Mega. I like those two very much.

The thing with any Megas we may get is that they will likely only be in the Hoenn Pokedex imo. All the Megas in XY were in the Kalos Pokedex and none others from the National Dex. Not saying they won't change this, but if we do get more (more than Kyogre, Groudon, Sceptile and Swampert anyway) then I think they'll be in the Hoenn Pokedex.

Mega Sableye - The tankiest, trollziest pokemon in history, to complement Mega Mawile's title of the highest attack power in the game.

For shame Bulbapedia, here we are talking about Hoenn mega evolution and NO ONE has mentioned the true lord of the sky: CASTFORM!

Coverageform
Castform @ Castformite
Forecast/Protean
70/70/70/70/70/70-->70/70/70/120/70/120
Sunny Day/Rain Dance/Hail/Sand Storm
Fire Blast/Thunder
Hydro Pump
Blizzard

I was originally thinking of putting some points into defense and special defense but then I realized that Castform can't learn any recovery moves to actually bother with bulk. And the way I see the Forecast to Protean thing working is that he'll stay in the last form he was in before megavolving. Now this is just what we have ingame, GF could easily make up some new ability if they wanted to give the lil' cloud a megaevo.

Mega Ring Received at Mossdeep City.

This is my first bit of speculation, So stay with me

Evidence 1: Steven Stone house is here, as we all should know, he loves his stones, that should include mega stones, so maybe he will give you the mega ring at his house (main or post game), and this would point to there being a Mega Metagross and the Metagrossite being given to you with his Beldum.

Evidence 2: well as we more recently know, some megas are exclusive to some games (ex: x has Trianatarnite and y has Agronite) so I can See Tate and Liza depending on the game having a Mega Solrock or Mega Lunatone and you getting the other mega stone with a poke holding it.

That is it, what do you think?

For shame Bulbapedia, here we are talking about Hoenn mega evolution and NO ONE has mentioned the true lord of the sky: CASTFORM!

Agreed that he should get a mega evo, but then will there be different "forms" of his mega evo for each of the main forms?
That would make more complex the relationship between forms and mega evos....

Last edited:
I think that's kind of late into the game to get the Mega Ring. We could get it at the third gym again, but I don't know how they'd incorporate Watson into it. They might have Steven give it to you at somewhere around that point, or maybe as a gift from your dad.

The thing with any Megas we may get is that they will likely only be in the Hoenn Pokedex imo. All the Megas in XY were in the Kalos Pokedex and none others from the National Dex. Not saying they won't change this, but if we do get more (more than Kyogre, Groudon, Sceptile and Swampert anyway) then I think they'll be in the Hoenn Pokedex.
So no new Mega Evolutions for Gen 4, 5 and 6 Pokémon... That sounds good to me.

They can focus in more Gen 1~3 Pokémon in ORAS and give Mega Evolutions for the Gen 4, 5 and 6 Pokémon in XY's likely third version or even in Gen 7.

Re: Will we get more Mega Evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

These rumours give a list of possible mega evolutions. There also semi believable as some names have been previously trademarked Like Jynx, Plusle and Minun.

Treeko, Mudkip and Torchic still remain as starters.
Go-Goggles will have a key role in the story.
Surfing will be significantly reduced.
Secret bases return. Poke-dolls return, Furniture returns, and Wi-fi visiting will be enabled. Battles inside secret bases will be a feature. A generic background will be displayed during the battle.
The two bikes return - Mach and Acro.
Swampert and Sceptile will have Mega Evolutions. 17 new added . Not including the Eon Duo.
You can pick a Generation 2 starter mid-game ( at the 4th gym roughly ) each with a new Mega Evolution.
New Mega Evolutions.
Gen1: Jynx
Gen2: Meganium, Feraligatr, Typhlosion
Gen3: Sceptile, Swampert, Plusle, Minun, Masquerain, Milotic , Groudon*, Kyogre*
Gen4: Luxray, Cherrim
Gen5: Leavanny, Maractus, Zebstrika
*Groudon and Kyogres mega stones are actually the Orbs.
Swampert will retain its original typing, Sceptile will gain Dark typing.
The games will be released on the 21 November. A patch will be added to Pokemon X and Y on November 23 to allow for cross game communication.

**Note regarding Mod note, do not discuss Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile. **

The best route for me would be trying to balance it out. A good number of Megas added for each type. There is already at least one Mega for all 18 types.

Rock: Hoenn doesn't give a lot of options here. (based on the dex and all that can evolve from it) My money is on Golem or Rhyperior. If it has to be from the third gen or a derivative of one....Probopass? (I don't consider any of the Rock pokes to be that popular)

Water: Other than the starter? Milotic. They might give one to Sharpedo so Archie can do the Mega thing.

Electric: Manectric already has one. Plusle and Minun don't deserve it. My prime choice for any other Electric getting one is Raichu. (screw you, Rai should have it)

Grass: Nothing really feels like it's that popular to me. Maybe Roserade or Tropius.

Poison: Seviper seems like good bait, but would have to give Zangoose one too. Maybe Crobat, although that's sort of a long shot.

Psychic: Gallade, to go with Gardevoir. The rest that don't already have one are either not popular enough, or it'd be scary to consider a Mega for it.

Fire: Possibly Camerupt for Maxie. That's all I've got. It'd be neat for Ninetails to get one, but probably wouldn't make sense for what it is. (what, would it turn pure white and have Okami style markings on it?)

Ground: FLYGON. Me wants. Me wants bad. (not that disappointed if it doesn't get it, though) Aforementioned Golem, Rhyperior, and Camerupt go here too.

Flying: There quite a few prospects here, but they could be scary. Swellow, Skarmory, and Salamence. It might be possible Altaria, too, but only because of Winona.

Bug: Bug already has a lot of good Megas. Just for the sake of it, though, Ninjask/Shedinja.

Normal: Aforementioned Zangoose here. I don't see any other prospects save for one, and it's very scary.

Ghost: Dusknoir seems good. Possibly Sableye as vengeance for being left out vs. Mawile.

Fighting: Maybe Hariyama, I'm not too sure. Machamp is here, and it's a good candidate they haven't used yet.

Steel: Metagross. It's possibly unavoidable. I have other Steel suggestions above, though.

Ice: Walrein. Maybe. Perhaps. Yeah, I've got nothing. :p

Dragon: Flygon or Salamence. As I said before, they might give it to Altaria. The Latis still need their Mega, though, so I don't expect too much activity here.

Dark: Aforementioned Sharpedo or Sableye here. I've got nothing else.

Fairy: They would have to add Fairy to something by Mega. I have no suggestions for this. (I don't think Azumarill deserves it, and Wigglytuff is missing it's counterpart, Clefable, so I refuse)

Mega Magikarp
Ability: Mega Splash - Splash always deals 999 damage, always goes first and type matchups aren't taken into account when Splash is used

Stats: 20/10/55/15/20/180

I don't know...we have several Gen 3 pokes with Mega-Evolutions already. Then again, there are only 10 of them (counting the Eon Dou), so I suppose there's room for a few more (and just hope there aren't more awkward ones). At the very least they may as well give 'em to the other starters to be fair.

If I recall correctly, Masuda mentioned in an interview that after the Mega Kanto starters were created, he liked them so much that he decided to immediately include them in the game (might explain why your rivals never use it even if they supposedly chose one if it was kind of last minute). I think this says a lot since it suggests that GF initially designed Mega Kanto starters without the intention of including them in XY. Perhaps they have another set of Mega Evolutions for other games?

If we have Mega Evolutions, it would be great to see the new Generation 6 abilities used. For example, Protean is an interesting ability because of its type-changing properties, so a Mega Evolution with Protean would be nice. Gooey is underutilised because Goodra is the only user, and it's not the best at it since its Defence is not built for it. Something like Muk or Swalot would be better choices for it.

Thanks for reading.

What other pokemon in R/D that you really needed to be Mega Evolved?

Hi! It's my first post here and I want ask you guys if there's some pokemon in R/S (not R/D) that you want to Mega evolved, coz I hopin' that there's still few more pokemon that can be do that so what do you guys think?

Me it would be Groudon and Sceptile..too bad can't be showed in XY games

Re: What other pokemon in R/D that you really needed to be Mega Evolved?

Check your thread title and your post.
First you ask which we do want to see and then you ask us which we don't want to see.
Its confusing.

Btw, what games are R/D?

Last edited:
If we have Mega Evolutions, it would be great to see the new Generation 6 abilities used. For example, Protean is an interesting ability because of its type-changing properties, so a Mega Evolution with Protean would be nice. Gooey is underutilised because Goodra is the only user, and it's not the best at it since its Defence is not built for it. Something like Muk or Swalot would be better choices for it.

Thanks for reading.

Gooey could also work on Octillery. As is it's three abilities don't do much for it. Suction Cups just plain sucks, Sniper is wasted on such a slow Pokemon, and I don't know why anybody in their right mind would use Moody. It could potentially be great but it could also utterly wreck you. As for Protean, I wouldn't mind seeing Mega Flygon get it. If Game Freak finally made it Bug/Dragon, gave it Quiver Dance via Tutor, and Protean as an ability it could be a monster competitively. Tinted Lens or Heatproof would be acceptable abilities too.

Back
Top Bottom