• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
MSwampert. Gets Stealth Rock, Looks like a total badass. I herd Mudkipz leik roidz.

Also, agreed, Mega Raichu needs to happen. I'd also like to see some mega love for the two original Hitmons.

No mega Raichu - no mega anything with that dreadful mouse!

I'd rather they gave us a Mega ludovic then to see that mouse rise to more fame!

Mega Raichu would be cool if Electric/Fighting. Dunno if I want that or Mega Electrivire first though.

I'd rather they gave us a Mega ludovic then to see that mouse rise to more fame!

I'd agree with you if you would've said no Mega Pikachu, but to botch out Raichu just because it's related to Pikachu just isn't fair! Besides, Pikachu has WAY more fame than Raichu, so isn't it about time that Raichu gets something to get it out of its pre-evolution's shadow? At least for a little bit?

Also, Luvdisc needs a normal evolution a lot more than it needs a Mega. All a mega would do for that poor thing is keep it's stats capped at a low BST forever.

I'd agree with you if you would've said no Mega Pikachu, but to botch out Raichu just because it's related to Pikachu just isn't fair! Besides, Pikachu has WAY more fame than Raichu, so isn't it about time that Raichu gets something to get it out of its pre-evolution's shadow? At least for a little bit?

Also, Luvdisc needs a normal evolution a lot more than it needs a Mega. All a mega would do for that poor thing is keep it's stats capped at a low BST forever.

Why not link it up to Alomamola, or however you spell it? Everyone thought they were related at first. Just create a new incense and have Luvdisc be the baby of Alowhatsisface.

Why not link it up to Alomamola, or however you spell it? Everyone thought they were related at first. Just create a new incense and have Luvdisc be the baby of Alowhatsisface.

While that does sound like a good idea in theory, there's one problem that would prevent such a thing from happening: Luvdisc can obviously breed. Not only does one or more of its Pokédex entries reference a mating season where the water turns pink, but Game Freak has never reconnected Egg groups before, as evidenced with Nidorina and Nidoqueen.

I'd love for that to happen, though.

Oh sorry Kallyle - I think you miseed the irony in my post. I do know that Raichu of course is not as famous as Pichachu, I just don't want these pokemon to have megas.
And the Luvdisc was a joke. :b

Oh sorry Kallyle - I think you miseed the irony in my post. I do know that Raichu of course is not as famous as Pichachu, I just don't want these pokemon to have megas.

Oh, sorry about that. Well, it did give us something to think about, and I respect your opinion. I was just adding to the conversation is all. So, what Megas do you want?

Oh, sorry about that. Well, it did give us something to think about, and I respect your opinion. I was just adding to the conversation is all. So, what Megas do you want?

No need to apologize.

I thought about a mega Dragonite - Wouldn't that be awesome?

Yeah, the Reddit leak turned out to be fake due to customization not returning among other issues. Fearow would be nice to see though.

That could be another justification for the Dark-type, too; he's based of a cat, and cats are pretty evil, right? :p

My cat is a saint, I don't know what cats you've been hanging out with. :p

It may seem that way now, but just you wait until he puts his plans for world domination into action...
>:D
My cat is trained, so he doesn't have one. XD
Do you think it's possible GF's gonna do another "x and y" split mega evolution in the future, like Mewtwo and Charizard have? If so, which Pokemon do you think would be a good candidate for 2 Megas?

Multiple Megas for a single Pokémon? I wish this never happen again. Actually, I wish this to have never happened.
I'm with you, for I fear that GF would give Golurk a Mega.... and then give it two separate Megas. That would mean I'd have to get both games to get both stones or worse, make my choice as to which game I would play depending on Golurk's Mega if I couldn't afford both. And don't get me started on breeding two perfect shiny Golett either.

Yeah, welcome to my nightmare. Even more frightening? I'd probably enjoy the heck out of that in some sick, twisted sort of way. (Because, you know, GOLURK.)
All I want now is Mega Golurk. I don't even care if it's good or not, any boost would be good for it.
Tell me about it. I don't care if it'd be useful in the metagame, I still want it! I would use the slag out of it! It would be my baby forever! C'mon GF! Make it happen, PLEASE! :bawl:

Shiny MGallade still looks cool though.
BWAAAH SHINY MQUAZA
And hey, at least we still have Green Hornet!
...anybody?
Mega Audino has Garchomp syndrome
ew at lopunny and salamence
Steelix looks good, but the silver is nicer imo
Camerupt is awesooome!
Sableye's cool too, but I think the purple/red is better
Swampert and Sharpedo are meh, I like blue better than purple, also their secondary colors don't really work
...that's about all my opinions.

(I now realize, as I finish writing this post, that I was not, in fact, on the last page and have posted according to the content of the previous page. Whoops.)

EDIT: Silverwynde, you silly. Don't you know that ALL cats have an evil plan to take over the world? Unfortunately, cats work alone, so there's going to be a huge cat power struggle when the time comes. Nuclear war, time distortion, moon destruction... it's gonna be some crazy times.

We'll get Corocoro in about a week's time, and that will make or break whether there's any more Megas imo. We've had one new Mega every month and I'm sure that Glalie and Steelix will be covered, but they are already on the official sites. If there's no new Mega in Corocoro next week then I think it's fairly safe to say the demo had everything. I'm keeping my hopes + expectations low. The bunch we have now is really cool though, but I wouldn't mind seeing more - nothing liking shaking the metagame up even more! Plus surprises at release are good to have too :(

We'll get Corocoro in about a week's time, and that will make or break whether there's any more Megas imo. We've had one new Mega every month and I'm sure that Glalie and Steelix will be covered, but they are already on the official sites. If there's no new Mega in Corocoro next week then I think it's fairly safe to say the demo had everything. I'm keeping my hopes + expectations low. The bunch we have now is really cool though, but I wouldn't mind seeing more - nothing liking shaking the metagame up even more! Plus surprises at release are good to have too :(

Yeah, honestly if we compare it to what we were expecting, this is well over what we anticipated. In the wishlist thread, most of us were only expecting megas for the Hoenn legendaries and key Hoenn Pokemon (Metagross, Salamence, Milotic etc.) What we've got so far in terms of megas has met that (with the exception of Milotic) and easily surpassed it.

I do think we'll get more. Haven't there been interviews where GF devs have said there are more megas to reveal and/or at least as many as in XY?

Yeah, honestly if we compare it to what we were expecting, this is well over what we anticipated. In the wishlist thread, most of us were only expecting megas for the Hoenn legendaries and key Hoenn Pokemon (Metagross, Salamence, Milotic etc.) What we've got so far in terms of megas has met that (with the exception of Milotic) and easily surpassed it.

I do think we'll get more. Haven't there been interviews where GF devs have said there are more megas to reveal and/or at least as many as in XY?

There have been interviews but they were all done before last month's Coro Coro was out and also before the demo was out. Since they knew full well what was going to be revealed in the upcoming then I don't know why they would have said there more Megas. On the other hand this is Game Freak and they are notoriously poor at marketing and often make confusing statements.

firepanda said:
Ohmori said that there would be new Mega Evolutions left to be discovered in-game. The part about the quota surpassing XY's is vague (he may have just meant that the total number of Mega Evolutions is bigger now than it was in XY, which is obvious).

I have to things to say, MEGA DUNSPARCE OR RIOT!

And then there is this lets not make Mega Audino the only Unova mega, lets have this:
Mega Volcarona Type:Bug/Fire Ability:Ignite Body (When a Pokémon with Flame Body is hit by a move that makes contact, there is a 100% chance that the attacking foe will become burned.)
85/60/135 (+70)/140 (+5)/125 (+20)/105 (+5)
Volcarona's Body becomes engulfed by its fiery scales, making its body as bright and hot as the sun, if not hotter, increasing its defenses, its new ability Ignite Body is the improved version of Flame Body and always inflicts burns to moves that make contact.

Attachments

• 637MS.png
    637MS.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 242
That's honestly one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

85/135/125 defences, with auto-burn on contact (reducing physical damage) and Quiver Dance to buff its Sp.Def. 145 Sp.Atk + 105 Speed + Quiver Dance + those defences + ability + Roost. It's just overpowered to the max.

85/90/75/165/125/110
With drought seems more likely, possibly with an extra +10 in attack taken away from the defences.

I have to things to say, MEGA DUNSPARCE OR RIOT!

And then there is this lets not make Mega Audino the only Unova mega, lets have this:
Mega Volcarona Type:Bug/Fire Ability:Ignite Body (When a Pokémon with Flame Body is hit by a move that makes contact, there is a 100% chance that the attacking foe will become burned.)
85/60/135 (+70)/140 (+5)/125 (+20)/105 (+5)
Volcarona's Body becomes engulfed by its fiery scales, making its body as bright and hot as the sun, if not hotter, increasing its defenses, its new ability Ignite Body is the improved version of Flame Body and always inflicts burns to moves that make contact.

85/90/75/165/125/110
With drought seems more likely, possibly with an extra +10 in attack taken away from the defences.
Drought's a great ability and works thematically, but I've always wanted to avoid it so as to not gimp my water types. Ignite Body seems like a good ability, as long as Volcarona's defenses aren't increased - if anything decreased. Then you have the dilemma of attacking physically for maximum damage, but suffering a burn, or attacking specially and doing little. (Ignoring rocks and Talonflame.) Perhaps a Fire-boosting move that works like a one type adaptability? Or an effect that grants internal sunlight; boosted fire type moves and weakened water attacks (damage taken from), but only for the Pokémon - though that seems to be pandering to my desires a little too much. I do like the definitely-burn ability though.

I really like Mega Glalie's design.

Too bad it gives me nightmares.

Back
Top Bottom