• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
No need to apologize.

I thought about a mega Dragonite - Wouldn't that be awesome?

MNite? Sweet zombie jesus that would be overused for sure.

Some part deep in my brain kind of wants a Mega Sandslash (but we really don't need any more Gen 1 Megas), and the other part would like to see a Mega Ariados.

I'd love a Mega Sandslash, it's one of my favourite Pokemon. They could give it Rough Skin/Iron Barbs as an ability. Or Tough Claws

I approve of Mega Sandslash. Maybe 75/135/110/35/75/110 stats with Rough Skin could work? It would allow it to tank some hits and use Swords Dance for a sweep while also discouraging others from using physical moves on it.

Though I guess that would just make it be a Garchomp that takes a Mega slot, but I guess this way it could be the Garchomp of UU =P

Ground/Poison Mega Sandslash with Tough Claws could be amazing.

That's honestly one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

85/135/125 defences, with auto-burn on contact (reducing physical damage) and Quiver Dance to buff its Sp.Def. 145 Sp.Atk + 105 Speed + Quiver Dance + those defences + ability + Roost. It's just overpowered to the max.
What do you mean? if its just bad, bad, I've seen much worse.
if its so bad its good (like mega rayqauza and its too overpoweredness) then i can understand. But the bold is wrong, Stealth Rocks can chip it to death, rock moves don't make contact (the common ones anyway), toxic and t-wave and much more.

85/135/125 defences, with auto-burn on contact (reducing physical damage) and Quiver Dance to buff its Sp.Def. 145 Sp.Atk + 105 Speed + Quiver Dance + those defences + ability + Roost. It's just overpowered to the max.
if its so bad its good (like mega rayqauza and its too overpoweredness) then i can understand. But the bold is wrong, Stealth Rocks can chip it to death, rock moves don't make contact (the common ones anyway), toxic and t-wave and much more.

Stealth Rocks chip, huh?

BLACK KNIGHT: None shall pass.
ARTHUR: What?
BLACK KNIGHT: None shall pass.
ARTHUR: I have no quarrel with you, good Sir knight, but I must
cross this bridge.
BLACK KNIGHT: Then you shall die.
ARTHUR: I command you as King of the Britons to stand aside!
BLACK KNIGHT: I move for no man.
ARTHUR: So be it!
[hah]
[parry thrust]
[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's left arm off]
ARTHUR: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
BLACK KNIGHT: 'Tis but a scratch.
ARTHUR: A scratch? Your arm's off!
BLACK KNIGHT: No, it isn't.
ARTHUR: Well, what's that then?
BLACK KNIGHT: I've had worse.

Garchomp is 4x weak to Ice. Didn't stop it from being kicked to Ubers. What you propose would be a more powerful, Specially-oriented Garchomp with better defenses, a generally better ability, a healing move, and a different 4x weakness. The only thing Gen IV Garchomp has over this is the ability to hold a Life Orb.

I approve of Mega Sandslash. Maybe 75/135/110/35/75/110 stats with Rough Skin could work? It would allow it to tank some hits and use Swords Dance for a sweep while also discouraging others from using physical moves on it.

Though I guess that would just make it be a Garchomp that takes a Mega slot, but I guess this way it could be the Garchomp of UU =P
Well, you lost me at the -10 Sp. Attack. Can we save that for shit like Beedrill, please? Sandslash's BST isn't that bad.

While fitting aesthetically, Rough Skin isn't so hot, especially on Pokemon without recovery. Ferrothorn likes it a lot I guess (Iron Barbs is the same bloody thing), but Druddigon and Garchomp mostly just use it due to the lack of better options.

While I won't say its the worst idea , I do agree with Yadon about the Apawn's Mega Volcarona. I love the ability, but those defenses will be extremely hard to deal with. Not everyone packs a Rock type move (which don't have the best accuracy to begin with), and being able to prevent hits on the Special side with Quiver Dance would make it very powerful indeed. Maybe if you toned down the physical Defense into its Attack, then it would be more bearable. But given its Pokedex entries, I really think it should have Drought.

Volcarona is already a really powerful Pokemon. Any mega-evo is at risk of breaking something.

I reckon:
Ability: Drought
HP 85 / Atk 100 (+40) / Def 80 (+15) / SAtk 155 (+20) / SDef 130 (+25) / Spd 100

Quiver dance is just such a stupidly good move. Volcarona can come in on anything special, laugh off its attacks and QD its way to a sweep. SR and 65 def are what hold vanilla Volcarona back, so that should definitely be kept, hence only the 15 boost to defence. Special attack and speed will be boosted with QD, hence the limited special attack boost and no speed boost. The result is a ludicrous boost to attack. Mixed Volcarona, anyone? Oh yeah, and drought because the dex entry screams for it.

Honestly, Quiver Dance belongs to the early game bugs. It should never be anywhere near a BST of 550, only 60 in attack.

Volcarona is already a really powerful Pokemon. Any mega-evo is at risk of breaking something.

I reckon:
HP 85 / Atk 100 (+40) / Def 80 (+15) / SAtk 155 (+20) / SDef 130 (+25) / Spd 100

Quiver dance is just such a stupidly good move. Volcarona can come in on anything special, laugh off its attacks and QD its way to a sweep. SR and 65 def are what hold vanilla Volcarona back, so that should definitely be kept, hence only the 15 boost to defence. Special attack and speed will be boosted with QD, hence the limited special attack boost and no speed boost. The result is a ludicrous boost to attack. Mixed Volcarona, anyone? Oh yeah, and drought because the dex entry screams for it.

Honestly, Quiver Dance belongs to the early game bugs. It should never be anywhere near a BST of 550, only 60 in attack.

That's a waste though, that 40 point attack increase. For an even trade, you should just boost all of Volcaronas stats evenly then (20 increase in each).

That's a waste though, that 40 point attack increase. For an even trade, you should just boost all of Volcaronas stats evenly then (20 increase in each).

I was trying to keep Volcarona in the 100 speed tier. It easily jumps out of it after a quiver dance or two, but that's another good way to hold a Pokemon back. Besides, I always thought 100 speed was too fast for it anyway. It's a bug and a kind of chubby one at that. Why is it faster than Rayquaza?

And yes, I'm being very negative here because that's how good Volcarona is. There are only a few things (SR, 100 speed, poor defense) that keep Volcarona back from wreaking havoc on the metagame. Boosting its SpA (+drought) and SpD makes is better at what it's already good at, but its weaknesses are maintained. That means you have to battle intelligently with it, which is what we should be encouraging. (That's why I was annoyed when Aegislash was banned, since it actually required some skill.)

Well I was exaggerating when I said it was the worst idea ever... But it's really not a balanced suggestion. It being 4x weak to Rock (not exactly hard to switch out of as it's pretty obvious to see coming / Defog + Spin makes it easier to keep on top of hazard removal, plus it has Roost and look at Talonflame + Charizard they do fine. also looking at calcs a defensive set could survive a Stone Edge from Scarf Landorus-T so the 4x weakness isn't even killing it in some cases) and prone to status (hey a good team won't just let it get statused, plus it's fast enough it can easily use Substitute to avoid it barring like Thundurus also Healing Wish/Heal Bell are options). So none of what I said was wrong, Apawn, it's a blatantly overpowered suggestion that's far too good and once again I'm just glad some fans don't actually work at Game Freak.

I reckon:

I have to agree with that, its ether that its going to be too overpowered or stink and no-one will use. this is a sad fate for most remaining megas I want

Let it be said, if I did work for Nintendo, i'd give Wonder Guard to Dunsparce's Mega :p

Last edited:

Well, you lost me at the -10 Sp. Attack. Can we save that for shit like Beedrill, please? Sandslash's BST isn't that bad.

While fitting aesthetically, Rough Skin isn't so hot, especially on Pokemon without recovery. Ferrothorn likes it a lot I guess (Iron Barbs is the same bloody thing), but Druddigon and Garchomp mostly just use it due to the lack of better options.

Druddigon doesn't use it. It uses Sheer Force to pump up Fire Punch and Gunk Shot.

Druddigon does use it on defensive sets.

Druddigon does use it on defensive sets.

This is true, I'm just biased because I'm of the opinion that Druddigon's defensive sets are mediocre in comparison to its offensive sets, which I have found to be highly effective. However, the point that Druddigon does not use Rough Skin for lack of better options stands - it uses Sheer Force or selects Rough Skin because it is the better option :)

No mega Raichu - no mega anything with that dreadful mouse!

I'd rather they gave us a Mega ludovic then to see that mouse rise to more fame!

I'd agree with you if you would've said no Mega Pikachu, but to botch out Raichu just because it's related to Pikachu just isn't fair! Besides, Pikachu has WAY more fame than Raichu, so isn't it about time that Raichu gets something to get it out of its pre-evolution's shadow? At least for a little bit?

Also, Luvdisc needs a normal evolution a lot more than it needs a Mega. All a mega would do for that poor thing is keep it's stats capped at a low BST forever.

Oh sorry Kallyle - I think you miseed the irony in my post. I do know that Raichu of course is not as famous as Pichachu, I just don't want these pokemon to have megas.
And the Luvdisc was a joke. :b

Oh, sorry about that. Well, it did give us something to think about, and I respect your opinion. I was just adding to the conversation is all. So, what Megas do you want?

No need to apologize.

I thought about a mega Dragonite - Wouldn't that be awesome?

This needs to happen. ASAP.

We need a Mega Raichu to stop this nonsense of a Mega Pikachu.
Agreed. Giving mega evolution to a not-fully evolved Pokémon would be a big fail.

The only one that could ever possibly make sense is a Normal type "Mega Eevee" that permanently evolves through contact with its Mega Stone Eonite, as Eevee's DNA is unstable as fuck and it's named the EVOLUTION Pokémon. But no way in hell would a Mega Pikachu ever work. Waiting for my M-Raichu.

Back
Top Bottom