• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Keep in mind that Pokémon's target audience are children, some of whom are very impressionable. If they saw Mega Snorlax getting fatter, then they might end up trying to get fatter too. The only way I could see that happening without parents getting all up in a tizzy is if Mega Snorlax became a sumo wrestler...

You can't possibly be serious.

First of all, is there something wrong with being overweight? Secondly, do you honestly believe that kids are stupid enough to say "OMG! I want to weigh 1,000 pounds just like Snorlax!", and then proceed to eat food non-stop? Thirdly, is making a Pokemon heavier somehow promoting childhood obesity?

I mean, did I miss out on the many promotional campaigns Mega Evolutions are doing? Has Mega Sableye made kids want to carry around a giant red ruby with them? Has Mega Camerupt somehow made kids want to walk around with a volcano on their back? Has Mega Glalie made kids want to dislocate their jaw?

But this thread is for discussing Mega Evolutions, so I will refrain from further conversing.

yay more op megas from me
I feel like it would be really interesting *coughhorrifyingcough* if they took a 'Mon with a high attack stat (say, RAMPARDOS), lowered it down to around 100, gave it huge power, and then used the stats to buff eveything else.
That's a Rampardos with a 165 base stat gain ONLY in speed and bulk (and sp.atk, I guess). Basically, Rampy wins.

(I actually do want a rock/dragon mega rampardos with rock head that gains dragon dance (screw you in every way possible, tyrantrum!))

That would be a boost of 35 (100 - 65 from Huge Power) + 100 (Mega boost) + 65 (Lost attack stats) = 200. Slightly over actually, since Huge Power does more than the base stat. That's a BST of 695+, which will be the highest BST of any non-legendary in the game, lower only than Megas-Mewtwo and Arceus (the double EVs to attack will make it effectively more than 700). 200 attack is the highest in the game full stop.

Don't worry mate, I'll be here to pick up the pieces when Yadon's done with you. :p

And give the poor thing Moonblast and Boomburst as should have happened in XY.
we live in a world where swellow gets boomburst over wiggly...

yay more op megas from me
I feel like it would be really interesting *coughhorrifyingcough* if they took a 'Mon with a high attack stat (say, RAMPARDOS), lowered it down to around 100, gave it huge power, and then used the stats to buff eveything else.
That's a Rampardos with a 165 base stat gain ONLY in speed and bulk (and sp.atk, I guess). Basically, Rampy wins.

(I actually do want a rock/dragon mega rampardos with rock head that gains dragon dance (screw you in every way possible, tyrantrum!))
I dunno, personally I'm a big fan of sheer force rock slide, and giving it huge power would mean I would have to use stone edge or head smash
if you're wondering what merits sheer force rock slide could possibly have, it's simple -- rock slide can hit things

I just really don't want to be relying on stone miss or head suicide to do damage. Plus, having it keep sheer force would mean it wouldn't be ludicrously op like your concept. You realize it would be op at least, and I don't think you were really being serious, so that's good. Though the second concept is also probs op and you seem to be serious about that one.

If a Mega Snorlax does happen, I can only see it getting fatter, not slimmer. It needs to regain its former glory as the heaviest Pokemon.

Keep in mind that Pokémon's target audience are children, some of whom are very impressionable. If they saw Mega Snorlax getting fatter, then they might end up trying to get fatter too. The only way I could see that happening without parents getting all up in a tizzy is if Mega Snorlax became a sumo wrestler...

Actually, I'd like it if Mega Snorlax became a sumo wrestler. Make it happen Game Freak!
ah, yes, I've heard stories of clawitzer fans cutting off their legs and vigorously strengthening their right arms in order to become more like clawitzer. clawitzer is love, clawitzer is life.

no offense, but you're really looking at this the wrong way. Snorlax getting fatter wouldn't make kids want to become fatter, it's just some cartoon bear...thing, not a role model. That simply doesn't make sense.

Don't worry mate, I'll be here to pick up the pieces when Yadon's done with you. :p

Wasn't actually going to say anything about it :]

I think Mawile is good enough for a Huge Power Mega though. I don't really think we need another... until Mega Ledian.

I think Mawile is good enough for a Huge Power Mega though. I don't really think we need another... until Mega Ledian.

I was going to say the could just give Ledian the Beedrill treatment. Then I flicked over to Bulba to check her stats. Carry on.

Mega Ledian should have Huge Power and a +60 boost in attack and +40 in Speed, maybe more if we take some points off Sp.A.

Also give it better STABs, otherwise it has a pretty good movepool with Ice Punch, Knock Off, Thunder Punch and Mach Punch. It can also take a Special hit with that 110 Sp.D so it would have more survivability than Beedrill.

I just want Ledian to be actually worth using. It would be my favorite bug if that happened ;-;

I was going to say the could just give Ledian the Beedrill treatment. Then I flicked over to Bulba to check her stats. Carry on.
Actually, I would say Ledian's stats are more manageable than Beedrill's. For one, Ledian is defensive, and defensive stat boosts on megas make a bigger impact than offensive stat boost, as there is no item that increases defenses at very little cost (for fully evolved Pokemon), while life orb exists to boost offensive stats by 30%. This is especially true on Pokemon with reliable healing, as the lack of leftovers recovery isn't a big deal on such pokemon, and ledian has roost.

This is what I mean. Mega Beedrill has 150 base attack. This is pretty scary, no? In reality, it's not. Mega Beedrill only hits about 10% harder than regular Life Orb Beedrill, so the attack increase alone doesn't really help it much. The only reason it hits so hard is because of Adaptability.

Mega Ledian, if it got +50 in its already good special defense, would be looking at about a 38% increase. Unlike Mega Beedrill, it doesn't require an ability to actually take advantage of this of this stat boost. If that makes any sense, this is sorta difficult to explain.

Have this hypothetical stat spread that +130 Mega Ledian could have. I don't believe you'll find anyfin wrong with it, besides the lack of offense.

55/35/50/55/110/85 --> 55/5/90/55/200/85

Like I said, the lack of offense sucks, but it tanks special hits like a beast.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ledian: 117-138 (37.2 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

It's not even totally set up bait either, as it learns Encore. Give it a great defensive ability like Regenerator, give it a retyping to somefin not terrible like Bug/Fairy and I can see it being good without the need of an OP ability like Huge Power.

Unless, of course, you'd prefer an offensive Ledian. Huge Power might actually be necessary in that case, heh...

If M-Flygon were to happen, I'd want some large boosts to speed and attack, funneling the rest to improve it's decent defense.

80/100/80/80/80/100 -> 80/140/100/80/100/120
And for the ability one of the Sand ones, preferably Sand Force since with the speed increase he won't need it. And Sand Viel is garbage.

For offensive Ledian, maybe a stat distribution like 55/100/70/35/110/120 with Huge Power for an ability could work. Retyping Ledian to Bug/Fighting would be great too, since that way it gets STAB Drain Punch to use as well as good priority in Mach Punch. So it could run a moveset like U-Turn/Mach Punch/Drain Punch/Ice Punch with little trouble.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ledian: 117-138 (37.2 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Can't switch in because it's 2HKO'd after SR~

I want it to be a physical attacker, rather than defensive, because it has a glorious physical movepool. It'd be kinda like Mega Lopunny in that it could be pure offensive or offensive utilizing support options like Encore, Tailwind, Baton Pass, Light Screen/Reflect if you really wanted to. Swords Dance sweeper would be better tho :]

Huge Power U-turn sounds fun too.

I just want Ledian to be overpowered because it's Ledian and it's absolute dog shit. Maybe even worse than Farfetch'd. And as I've said before, looking at some of the Huge Power Pokemon like Mega Mawile, Diggersby and Mega Medicham, the multiple limb aspect fits with them. So it isn't like I'm suggesting the ability just to make a bad Pokemon good, it does fit Ledian.

If M-Flygon were to happen, I'd want some large boosts to speed and attack, funneling the rest to improve it's decent defense.

80/100/80/80/80/100 -> 80/140/100/80/100/120
And for the ability one of the Sand ones, preferably Sand Force since with the speed increase he won't need it. And Sand Viel is garbage.

Well we already have a Ground/Dragon Mega with Sand Force, and it's a Pokemon that has pretty much overshadowed Flygon ever since its introduction. So I'd rather they didn't give it Sand Force. At all. We don't need more similarities between the two, they should strive to make them different. Arena Trap Mega Flygon pls

But trapping is evil :mad:

Flygon is known as the Desert Spirit though, so I would associate it with one of the sand abilites. Any better ideas?

And Garchomp's Mega would be similar, but there are noticable differences. First of all Flygon's boost in speed allows it to outspeed any of the OU Dragons, such as the Lati twins and regular Garchomp. Access to U-Turn allows him to hit hard and fast, and gain momentum. He even has access to support options, such as Spikes and Defog.

M-Garchomps speed really holds it back, and I think of the two I'd much rather use Flygon.

It's not that I don't think Sand Force would be useful or that it doesn't fit Flygon, I just don't want to see more similarities between the two lines when there's so many other things they could give it. Plus we have Mega Garchomp and Mega Steelix with Sand Force, it'd get a bit stale have to another Mega with the same awkward ability - needing to be used in sand. At least Magic Bounce and Tough Claws are two of the best abilities in the game and can come into play far more often, so them being on quite a few Megas doesn't bother me too much. Requiring a sand team to get most use out of it just seems a bit meh, it's why I'm not too fond of the weather abilities on Megas in general, because it pigeonholes the type of team they'll (mostly) be used on.

I'm still against Sand Force, it's repetitive and draws more comparison with Garchomp and I just find it bland.

It doesn't get any benefit from Sand Stream though. Only Rock-types get the Sp.Def boost in sand, sand doesn't boost any STAB like Drought boosts Fire moves, and a Mega can't hold a Smooth Rock to increase the turns of sand.

I believe that the sp.def boost happens to all three of rock, steel, and ground.
I actually quite like the idea of Sand Stream Mega Flygon. Maybe buff it's defense more than it's special defense.

According to Serebii and Bulbapedia, only rock types.

If we ever get M-Flygon he better keep on the goggles <3

Below is what I believe would most likely happen to Mega Flygon.

Mega Flygon
Ground/Dragon
Levitate (if not, Sand Stream)

HP: 80
ATK: 130 (+30)
DEF: 80
SP ATK: 130 (+50)
SP DEF: 80
SPEED: 120 (+20)

Seeing as how Flygon's stat distribution is almost identical to Glalie's (except for the extra 20 points in Attack and Speed), most likely Game Freak will boost Mega Flygon's stats in nearly the same way as Mega Glalie's.

I believe Game Freak will make Mega Flygon's Attack and Special Attack equal to one another, just as they had done for some other Megas in the past.

Its Ability either remains the same or becomes Sand Stream, if only because many of Flygon's entries mention its ability to summon a sandstorm with its wings. Even if Sand Stream doesn't really help it, I can see Flygon's wings becoming the focal point of its Mega Evolution, and hence the ability becomes appropriate.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's been mentioned on past pages, but what about Sand Rush Mega Flygon? That way, instead of putting a lot of points in Speed, it can maybe stand to have more go towards Attack, or even a bit of bulk.

Don't know if it's been mentioned on past pages, but what about Sand Rush Mega Flygon? That way, instead of putting a lot of points in Speed, it can maybe stand to have more go towards Attack, or even a bit of bulk.

maybe like this:
HP: 80
ATK: 150 (+50)
DEF: 105 (+25)
SP ATK: 80
SP DEF: 105 (+25)
SPEED: 100

Quick BTW's the most unbroken spread for Mega Volcarona with Drought is this:

Hp:85
Atk:115 (+55)
Def:95 (+35)
SpAtk:140 (+5)
SpDef:105
Speed: 105 (+5)
or so i think it is, I don't know about what you guys think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom