• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
I would love to see a Mega Plusle and Mega Minun, though it would be tricky how it plays out. Since they need to be used together as a rule of thumb, would one of them Mega Evolve and it would somehow affect the other, or could it be a special instance of "two" Mega Evolved Pokemon on the field at once?

Perhaps one would be more defensive (Minun) and the other more offensive (Plusle)?

Their Ability would be called Poms-Poms! (The entire party's Special Attack and Defense is boosted by 50%). XD

Re: Will we get more Mega Evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

I would be shocked if Blaziken didn't get another form. Metagross is definitely getting one as well. Perhaps Skarmory and Makuhita as well? Also, Gen VI pokemon, bluh.

It would be interesting to get Mega Evolutions for the Kalos starter trio as well, somehow... Although I think they will hold them for the eventual third version/sequels.

As of Generation III Pokémon, I am really hoping for Mega Shiftry, Mega Sableye and Mega Metagross.

They said that Generation 6 Pokémon won't get Megas in X and Y. They were very specific in their wording (could've easily said this time around, meaning the entire generation). I'd get ready for more Gen. 5 and Gen. 6 megas coming our way in ORAS and Z.

I really, really hope so. If we don't get Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile at the very least I think they'll have failed massively.

What does everyone think to the chances that we might be able to get Mega Latias/Latios in these games?

10000000% That's probably why they still haven't been confirmed, announced or released.

I think there will be an event (perhaps in the release date for ORAS) allowing us to get Mega Latias and Mega Latios in X/Y, which would explain their data being present in said games, while the data for the ORAS new mega evolutions isn't. Of course, they will likely be present in ORAS as well, for obvious reasons.

Anything with huge HP would be good if receiving a Mega, since that's the only stat doesn't increase which would make them bulkier. So Mega Wailord would be neat, if it added to its defences enough. Not sure what exactly would be a good idea for Wailord, might be worth thinking about.

I'd really like to see one of the butterfly/moth pokemon get a Mega Evolution to make it more useful. Right now Volcarona is hands down the best, and Vivillon with the right build and EVs can be decent but is still OHKO'd easy.

Aside from those two, Masquerain which is a gen3 poke and can learn some great moves is high on my list to get either an evolution itself, a alt evo for surskit, or now -- a mega evolution. ideally back to bug/water but any boost would be fantastic. if not a stone for beautifly/dustox can be neat... i guess...

*sigh* and i dont know if even a mega stone can make my sweet sweet butterfree useful but by golly I plan to start with a caterpie in ORAS. :p

*sigh* and i dont know if even a mega stone can make my sweet sweet butterfree useful but by golly I plan to start with a caterpie in ORAS. :p
Rather than Butterfree, I'd want them to give SOMETHING to Beedrill for once. Poor thing always got the short end.

But I really doubt any of the early bugs will get anything, since their point is to be easy to train early pokémon.
Now, Venomoth or Masquerain on the other hand stand out as Bug types that could be stronger since they are rather uncommon, so I'd think they would have potential for a Mega Evo.

But really, Mega Volcarona would be my favourite outcome. It fits thematically incredibly well since it'd be showing that power that made it a solar deity, and all arguments about it being too strong are moot because Mega Garchomp.

Most definite: Latios/Latias

High possibility: Sceptile, Swampert, Metagross, Milotic

Possible: Sharpedo, Camerupt, Castform

My guess for new Mega evolutions

The concept of weather is way too strong in RSE and Castform is literally a ball of weather, so it gaining a Mega Evo might be a good surprise.

The concept of weather is way too strong in RSE and Castform is literally a ball of weather, so it gaining a Mega Evo might be a good surprise.

I do think these are probably the highest candidates. Starters to complete the trio with Blaziken, Metagross for Steven, Sharpedo for Archie and Camerupt for Maxie. Milotic would depend on how Wallace is used (if he's just the last gym leader and they introduce very few Megas then it probably won't get one imo). Castform would be cool, it'd have to retain its Forecast ability though. Unless it gains different abilities (and keeps the form) depending on which weather it Mega Evolves in, but I'm not sure if they would do that or whether it would even be codeable without a new ability entirely.

I do think these are probably the highest candidates. Starters to complete the trio with Blaziken, Metagross for Steven, Sharpedo for Archie and Camerupt for Maxie. Milotic would depend on how Wallace is used (if he's just the last gym leader and they introduce very few Megas then it probably won't get one imo). Castform would be cool, it'd have to retain its Forecast ability though. Unless it gains different abilities (and keeps the form) depending on which weather it Mega Evolves in, but I'm not sure if they would do that or whether it would even be codeable without a new ability entirely.

Castform could keep its Forecast ability, and upon mega evolving it could gain a new form (most possibly Sandstream form)

I'm hoping no Mega Dunsparce, I'm holding out for the poor thing finally getting an evolution next gen. As for Megas that I want...

Mega Sableye! (I want the crystals in its back to look even cooler! A boost in HP and Defenses wouldn't go amiss either.)
Mega Froslass. (Maybe Ghost/Fairy or Ice/Fairy? With a special attack boost and maybe Pixilate or Protean ability? Dunno, just spit-balling.)
Mega Jinx (I don't know why, I just think it could use a boost/update but it doesn't need an evolution.)
Mega Kabutops (It could be awesome. Just sayin')
Mega Laipard (Just because something has to be done about this adorably crappy pokemon)
Mega Cofagrigas (Because I want to see a mummy come out of it!)
Mega Elektross (I think it could become something really cool, and be an awesome pokemon. Becoming Electric/Poison or Electric/Dragon would also be pretty sweet.)

I sure as hell don't think it needs one, but I almost expect Mega Salamance at this point.
Latios/Latias we already know have Mega Evolutions.
Metagross I couldn't care less if it got a mega or not, but it does seem like a likely candidate.

I'd rather want to see Mega Yanmega be Bug/Dragon or something. That x4 Stealth Rock weakness is nasty.
That role would be for Mega Flygon. GF already gave us 2 Ground/Dragons in the last couple of gens, royally shafted the poor thing, and now its time for it to gain a major advantage with an exclusive typing.

Anyway, I was thinking with all the counterpart Pokemon and stuff, that Megas will probably get a bigger focus, maybe playing around with focus on double battle strategies.....

I wonder why they should make a Mega Kyroge and Mega Groudon before they made a Mega Lugia and Mega Ho-oh? Lugia and Ho-oh came out earlier and they are just as powerful.

I wonder why they should make a Mega Kyroge and Mega Groudon before they made a Mega Lugia and Mega Ho-oh? Lugia and Ho-oh came out earlier and they are just as powerful.

Mega Groudon and Kyogre would be more relevant than Lugia and Ho-oh considering they are the mascots of Ruby and Sapphire and these games are remakes of R/S.

Mega Groudon and Kyogre would be more relevant than Lugia and Ho-oh considering they are the mascots of Ruby and Sapphire and these games are remakes of R/S.

Also, Groudon and Kyogre look different on the cover art for ORAS. Could this be their Mega Evolutions, or just a redesign?

Does anyone see a potential Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre receiving a type change? This is just me assuming that the Groudon and Kyogre on the boxes are Mega Evolutions but I can see Mega Groudon becoming a Ground/Fire type and Mega Kyogre becoming a Water/Psychic type.

It was already odd to think of an epic battle between two legendary Pokemon where one has a clear type advantage over the other. If Groudon ends up with a 4x weakness to Kyogre, it'd damage itself every round with its own tears.

Does anyone see a potential Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre receiving a type change? This is just me assuming that the Groudon and Kyogre on the boxes are Mega Evolutions but I can see Mega Groudon becoming a Ground/Fire type and Mega Kyogre becoming a Water/Psychic type.

Groudon with Fire typing would be obvious, although it gives him a 4x weakness.
I think it would be a good thing to give Kyogre Electric as his second typing. That way Groudon gets a type advantage as well and it fits Kyogre so good.

Edit: heck, they could even give Groudon Grass as secondary typing, we are talking about the Continent Pokemon over here.

Regarding patches, would it be possible for an unupdated XY game to download the patch from a copy of ORAS if they tried to connect? That seems like the easiest way to handle it, if it's possible.

As for getting new forms at all, I was skeptical about it happening due to the unreleased Lati@s megas in XY- if they could patch everything in afterwards, why bother including those two to begin with?- but Groudon and Kyogre's new forms make that seem like a moot point. On the other hand, there's a large amount of gen 3 Megas already, and I'm not sure GF would add more- or, conversely, if they were planning on adding more Megas in the Hoenn remakes, they would have held back some of the G3 megas and just introduced them in ORAS rather than XY.

... That's my two cents. I can't really think of any Hoenn megas I really want to see. :p

Back
Top Bottom