The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Reaction score
On a tangent, I can't be the only one who's wondered what Dialga and Palkia would look like if they had Primal Reversion (sorry Giratina no PR for you, that's what your Origin Forme is already) ... Dialga's, for one, had better be black with glowing red lines.

Dignity Debuffer
Reaction score
On a tangent, I can't be the only one who's wondered what Dialga and Palkia would look like if they had Primal Reversion (sorry Giratina no PR for you, that's what your Origin Forme is already) ... Dialga's, for one, had better be black with glowing red lines.
Origin Forme isn't even that good. Giratina would be getting the short end of the stick unless OF got buffed by about 100 base stat points.

It wouldn't. Primal Dialga is completely unrelated to Primal Reversion (it's called dark Dialga in Japan fyi)

The Charming Fool
Reaction score
Global Link (or Dream World, if you prefer that name) artwork for all the new Megas. I've always loved the style of the Global Link/Dream World art.

That is the first and probably only time we'll ever see Mega Salamence standing.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score
Contrary to what Zinnia's grandmother said in the game, a Rayquaza doesn't have to be taught Dragon Ascent by Zinnia beforehand to access the move.

Any Rayquaza can learn the move by talking to the older woman.

Reaction score
Contrary to what Zinnia's grandmother said in the game, a Rayquaza doesn't have to be taught Dragon Ascent by Zinnia beforehand to access the move.

Do those Rayquaza also Mega Evolve? Supposedly this one is special because it ate the meteorite.

star gazer
Reaction score
I want Sharpedo's mega stone. Somebody lend one to me. Just until I can get my own. I'll throw in a free Manectite to sweeten the deal. Since I really don't like Manectric...I can also lend most other stones if need be.

Mega Steelix sorta keeps growing on me. Maybe I should use one in OR.

Borderland Sword
Reaction score

So what you're saying is...I actually can get my Shiny Rayquaza to learn Dragon Ascent and Mega Evolve? I'm not stuck with the in-game one? (Just finished the Delta Episode so I was unsure.)

Dignity Debuffer
Reaction score

So what you're saying is...I actually can get my Shiny Rayquaza to learn Dragon Ascent and Mega Evolve? I'm not stuck with the in-game one? (Just finished the Delta Episode so I was unsure.)
I already did so with my Shiny Rayquaza, so I can confirm that it's the case.

star gazer
Reaction score
no longer need the shark stone, thanks @Team Gaara;

holy jeebus it looks cool in game compared to that shitty artwork. I mean, it already did in the screenshots, but it looks even better firsthand.

looks like it uses the spikes for ramming attacks, which makes sense. They would be pretty pointless for biting attacks. Well, not really, it's kind of hard for spikes to be pointless...heh...

Pokemon Trainer
Reaction score
Well I was hesitant at first, but now that I've seen them some of these new mega's are AMAZING! Personal favorite is Sharpedo, other cool ones include Swampert (really didn't like him for awhile), Gallade (made me a Gallade fan :p), Latias, Pidgeot and Rayquaza.