• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
So looking at the end of the latest trailer, is it it is safe to say that Diancite (Diancieite? Diancie's Soul Gem?) will be exclusive to OR/AS.

I think I should be slightly miffed about this but since I'm already buying the games it's not a big deal.

It's likely you'll have to download the Diancie in XY and then transfer it over to ORAS to unlock an event that gives the Mega Stone. That's how event Pokemon have worked in the past in regards to unlocking things in future games. At least the transferring over to ORAS will be easier thanks to Pokebank.

Why would you have to transfer something over in the same generation? Can't you just trade Diancie over from XY to ORAS?

That would require having two 3DS. It would be easier just to put the Diancie in Bank from XY and then withdraw it in ORAS - needing only the one 3DS.

I highly doubt the mega stones will be "Exclusive" in the same sense that the Grigeous Orb was in Platinum towards Diamond and Pearl.

So looking at the end of the latest trailer, is it it is safe to say that Diancite (Diancieite? Diancie's Soul Gem?) will be exclusive to OR/AS.

I think I should be slightly miffed about this but since I'm already buying the games it's not a big deal.
The trailer said that it can be found in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. I'm guessing that what will happen is, the Diancie that will be distributed through various means worldwide will unlock an event when transferred to ORAS. Then, depending on how XY handle backwards compatibility (patch?) it might be able to be traded to XY.

I new all the way back when Mega Mawile was revealed there would be a Sablie would get a VERY LIKELY defensive mega conterpart, YAY!!!

A Mega Beautifly would be interesting to see.

What do you think is there a possibillity that the Eeveeloutions will get Megas?

What do you think is there a possibillity that the Eeveeloutions will get Megas?

I don't think they'll get Megas this gen, but I'd love to see it in the future. Not all 8 at once though. Spread 'em out across 2-3 generations.

Well, I'd rather get Butterfree instead of Beautifly, but that's neither here nor there.

Only one I could legitimately see getting a Mega is Eevee herself. We've all wanted a Normal-type Eeveelution. Chances are we'd never get it. Mega Eevee is the closest we'd ever get. And Mega Evolution was just introduced. It affects fully-evolved Pokémon, legendaries and stand-alone Pokémon. No one ever said unevolved Pokémon couldn't Mega Evolve. ;) So I'm hoping for Mega Pikachu and Mega Eevee (since they're the Yellow starters and all other starters are presumably getting Mega's)

And can anyone confirm whether or not this screenshot is real?
10383015_576484602466288_8256317111864816197_n.jpg

The silhouetted Pokémon are:
- Ludicolo
- Shiftry
- Sableye
- Sharpedo
- Camerupt
- Flygon
- Zangoose
- Seviper
- Salamence
- Metagross
- Latias
- Latios

The presence of the already confirmed Sableye and Lati@s makes me wonder that this is real since Sableye was JUST revealed..

Metagross, Sharpedo and Camerupt are definitely legit whether or not this picture is. Steven, Archie and Maxie all have Key Stones and these are their respective signature Pokémon.

Salamence is a pseudo-legendary. After Garchomp, it can be assumed most, if not all, pseudo-legendaries will get Mega's so this makes me fairly certain of the picture's veracity.

But Ludicolo, Shiftry, Flygon, Zangoose and Seviper seem like fairly random choices. Especially when both Banette and Gyarados have Mega's but their counterparts (Duskclops/Dusknoir and Milotic, respectively) don't yet.

The absence of a Mega Milotic also suggests that Steven is in fact the Champion this time around, meaning Wallace is the 8th Gym Leader and Juan has most likely been retconned out of continuity. Which is sad because I love Juan.

Well, I'd rather get Butterfree instead of Beautifly, but that's neither here nor there.

Only one I could legitimately see getting a Mega is Eevee herself. We've all wanted a Normal-type Eeveelution. Chances are we'd never get it. Mega Eevee is the closest we'd ever get. And Mega Evolution was just introduced. It affects fully-evolved Pokémon, legendaries and stand-alone Pokémon. No one ever said unevolved Pokémon couldn't Mega Evolve. ;) So I'm hoping for Mega Pikachu and Mega Eevee (since they're the Yellow starters and all other starters are presumably getting Mega's)

- Ludicolo
- Shiftry
- Sableye
- Sharpedo
- Camerupt
- Flygon
- Zangoose
- Seviper
- Salamence
- Metagross
- Latias
- Latios

The presence of the already confirmed Sableye and Lati@s makes me wonder that this is real since Sableye was JUST revealed..

Metagross, Sharpedo and Camerupt are definitely legit whether or not this picture is. Steven, Archie and Maxie all have Key Stones and these are their respective signature Pokémon.

Salamence is a pseudo-legendary. After Garchomp, it can be assumed most, if not all, pseudo-legendaries will get Mega's so this makes me fairly certain of the picture's veracity.

But Ludicolo, Shiftry, Flygon, Zangoose and Seviper seem like fairly random choices. Especially when both Banette and Gyarados have Mega's but their counterparts (Duskclops/Dusknoir and Milotic, respectively) don't yet.

The absence of a Mega Milotic also suggests that Steven is in fact the Champion this time around, meaning Wallace is the 8th Gym Leader and Juan has most likely been retconned out of continuity. Which is sad because I love Juan.

Sacrifices had to be made in order to ensure that the pretender Wallace wasn't the champion this time. So... Out you go Juan!

- Ludicolo
- Shiftry
- Sableye
- Sharpedo
- Camerupt
- Flygon
- Zangoose
- Seviper
- Salamence
- Metagross
- Latias
- Latios

Sacrifices had to be made in order to ensure that the pretender Wallace wasn't the champion this time. So... Out you go Juan!

Juan can still be the judge for contests so we can't say he'll be lost even if Steven's the champion and Wallace being the gym leader.

As for the picture, where did you get the source? If it's legit enough, the new megas may be true.

Don't know if this was mentioned already but I don't really want to go back through 10 pages so sorry if it has.

I was watching a speculation video on YouTube, and the guy pointed out this:
Elcxdcy.png
which seem to be Mega Evolution items.

Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo confirmed?

- Ludicolo
- Shiftry
- Sableye
- Sharpedo
- Camerupt
- Flygon
- Zangoose
- Seviper
- Salamence
- Metagross
- Latias
- Latios

Juan can still be the judge for contests so we can't say he'll be lost even if Steven's the champion and Wallace being the gym leader.

As for the picture, where did you get the source? If it's legit enough, the new megas may be true.

The picture I got from Facebook. It's being plastered all over my newsfeed. LOL

And Juan could be like Johanna/Jasmine/Fantina in Sinnoh. Someone you face in Master-Class contests. 'Cause the contest judge is already his own character. :p But as long as Juan's still incorporated, I don't care. He could be the Cave of Origin security guard for all I care. ;D

That picture is fake. Nintendo (and Game Freak) has never featured silhouettes of existing Pokemon on promotional artwork. If these Pokemon were to be used for promotional purposes (i.e. CoroCoro), why cover them up? The official English and Japanese websites have no problems using the pokemon's RSE pokemon concept art.

Again, I am confounded by the people who waste their time designing fake posters without even understanding Nintendo or Game Freak's advertising style.

No one ever said unevolved Pokémon couldn't Mega Evolve. ;)
Gurkinn did, in X and Y: "Indeed, Mega Evolution is a transformation of Pokemon that were thought to be unable to evolve any further!"

Again, I am confounded by the people who waste their time designing fake posters without even understanding Nintendo or Game Freak's advertising style.

It fooled me. That's probably not saying much, but I'm sure it will fool some people. That's point, I suppose.

With these remakes, Game Freak should introduce Mega Evolutions for the Gen III pokemon already trademarked as Megas (i.e. Plusle and Minun).

Why would a company pay money to register a trademark that it has no plans on using?

It fooled me. That's probably not saying much, but I'm sure it will fool some people. I think it's a decent fake, assuming it really is fake.

Yes, the person who made Mega Blaziken's wrist flames the same color as its leg feathers really took his or her sweet time to make a convincing fake...

It fooled me. That's probably not saying much, but I'm sure it will fool some people. I think it's a decent fake, assuming it really is fake.

Yes, the person who made Mega Blaziken's wrist flames the same color as its leg feathers really took his or her sweet time to make a convincing fake...

I didn't notice it, because of that glare. The coloring of the flames could be because of the poor lighting, perhaps.

Last edited:
Posting this link to the Japanese website because there are pictures of Mega Sableye's back and sides that were not uploaded to the English website.

The Japanese website also confirms that Sableye's front red jewel becomes its shield after Mega Evolution.

I hope Steven Stone uses Mega Diancie, he's all about rare stones. Why not the Rock-type Pokemon with an immense amounts of carats? Not to mention I bet this is a Fairy-type that could really shine.

At this point I don't see Mega Pikachu happening. A simple Mega Eevee would be interesting but I don't know if it will happen as well.
Mega Evolutions for Pokemon who can evolve through stones is something I don't expect to see, but let Game Freak surprise me.

Mega Evolution happens for Pokemon who can't evolve further. This is stated in XY and seems to be the core principal behind Mega Evolution and not something they would retcon.

And why do people want Steven as the champion? He's not exactly Champion material. He's much more suited to be a post game super boss. Wallace should be Champion.

Back
Top Bottom