• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Re: Will we get more Mega Evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Well, considering that they found Mega-Evolution data for Lati@s in X/Y, I have a definite yes to that question. It would also be really unbalanced if they left only Blaziken with a Mega, players would only pick Torchic, and that would suck. Also, everyone's noticed that Groudon and Kyogre look different. Then again, it could always just be a revamp of their designs.

Then again, it could always just be a revamp of their designs.
Nope, Iwata confirmed that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", hinting that the two are either new formes or mega evos. (Via Serebii)

Along with the remaining starters, I think good candidates for megas would be / would love to see megas for Mightyena, Masquerain, Breloom, Sableye, Flygon, Altaria, Milotic, Tropius and Relicanth.

Steven is the son of the president of the Devon Corporation, and he and his father both collect rare stones. He always was an interesting character but underutilized pretty strongly. He could easily be connected to Mega Evolution in the regard that’s he’s seeking more stones and could be a Mega Stone hunter. Given that he’s the heir to a very important and prominent corporation, I could see him mass-producing some type of new Mega Ring and spreading Mega Evolution to the world. Mega Rings were so rare in XY that Gurkinn had the player character decide between five of his friends for it. Steven also has an Aggron so he could utilize Mega Aggron.

It makes sense, despite the ugly plot hole.

I hope we also get a Mega Sableye.

Well, since the Lati@s stones were found in the X/Y game, I'd think so! Or at least I hope so.
Some of the guys I want to get a little power boost are: Ludicolo, Sceptile, Swampert, Exploud, Sableye, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Flygon and Grumpig. Phew, that's a lot of Hoenn guys. xD

Then again, it could always just be a revamp of their designs.
Nope, Iwata confirmed that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", hinting that the two are either new formes or mega evos. (Via Serebii)

If they're showing new pokemons, then it should mean new megas.

Besides, a patch could fix compatibility. Just because the hackers didn't find it doesn't mean it's not there. It could mean it just wasn't released yet.

Hopefully we'll get Mega Sceptile and Swampert. It would be a shame if they lost out on Mega Evolutions and Blaziken was the only Hoenn Starter to have one. Groudon and Kyogre will probably get some alternate form or Mega Evolution and if they do, Rayquaza most likely will as well. Latios and Latias Mega Evolution was already revealed. The only other Pokemon I'd like to see getting Mega Evolutions would be Flygon, Altaria and Masquerain. Flygon and Altaria are the only Dragon types who actually warrant a Mega Evolution in my opinion since they aren't already overpowered like pretty much every other fully evolved Dragon type. I like Salamence a lot, but I don't think it needs a Mega Evolution. As for Masquerain, I'm just hoping that it Mega Evolves into a Water/Bug type since I think that it was a huge mistake for them to not keep that type combination on Masquerain in the first place.

Treecko and Mudkip Mega Evolutions? What do you want?

Ok this is the what do you want to see on the mega evolutions of the 2 starters who don't have one (assuming they are going to get one).

Sap Sipper on Mega Swampert??? How dose that sound pretty blooming OP!11

How about Steel / Grass Mega Sceptile with Flash Fire that could learn Flamethrower? :O

Or maby make him Grass / Dragon he already learns Dragon Pulse and claw in older games.

Re: Treecko and Mudkip Mega Evolutions? What do you want?

I want Mega Sceptile to look a bit more like Grovyle. Sceptile isn't ugly per se, it's just that Grovyle looks so much better.

-Grass/Dragon Sceptile, with the seed things on its back becoming wings.
-Swampert stays the same type, but the arm/leg guards expand greatly, giving it a huge boost in defence.

Not sure on ability for either.

I want Sceptile to get TWO Mega Evos. Only one of them is Grass/Dragon, and the other remains pure grass.
And Swampert to only get one.

Sceptile is in the dragon egg group and looks like a dragon. There is room for some serious awesomeness here. Hopefully they make him a bit more lithe and reptilian though, to reflect his speed stat and the whole gecko thing. Also because I reckon it would look cooler.

Swampert is the kind of pokemon that has had its design reach its logical conclusion already. I bet a mega evo for swampert will be over-designed (think tyrannitar and charizard X).

I don't see how Sceptile looks like a dragon, but yeah, it is about time for a Grass/Dragon Pokémon.

I don't see how Sceptile looks like a dragon, but yeah, it is about time for a Grass/Dragon Pokémon.

Well, he's reptilian, and Dragons are basically reptiles.
I mean, if you just add wings to his back, he'd pretty much BE a dragon.

Just..... He needs a Grass/Dragon evo... okay?

I also want two mega Sceptiles :3 grass types need love. Mega Sceptile Ω a grass/ dragon poke and Mega Sceptile Α grass / flying? ( dunno to emphasize speed?) the dragon version can have awesome offenses and the flying version can be a speed daemon. Could not care less about Mudkipz :/

I sure hope so. The remakes would be way too bland for my taste if they did not introduce new mega evos. I would be espcially mad if Jukain and Lalarge do not end up getting megas.

I want:

- 2 mega Jukain. One Ω and one A
- mega Lalarge
- mega Milo :3 and please be fairy.
- mega Elrade. C'mon mega Sirkinght needs her consort. Maybe fairy/fighting?
-mega Metagross and mega mence.
- mega flygon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please happeeen bug/dragon :3
- a common mega forme for Solrock and Lunatone...Galaxion? :p
-mega Walrain :3

Those are only of the top of my head. They need to introduce some non Hoen mega evos too like Roseraid, Kairyu, jynx, Yukimenoko..etc

Grass/Dragon Sceptile with an ability called "Critical Cutter" which raises the Critical hit ratio of moves significantly, that allows Leaf Blade to be a bit more viable or maybe something like Draconate which makes Normal-type moves Dragon. Both would sort of force people to care about the Attack, so a boost in Attack would be great and would set it apart well from others.

Grass Dark with Quick Feet, make it happen.

How would steel benefit Sceptile? Dragon works.

Back
Top Bottom