• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Re: Will we get more Mega Evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

@Reila; I... don't know but it's spreading through tumblr like fire.

@Reila; I... don't know but it's spreading through tumblr like fire.
Looks like I'll have to create a list of "Sources to listen to and what ones not to" again...

@Joshawott; Sorry I'll be more cautious about what information I come across in the future.

@Joshawott; Sorry I'll be more cautious about what information I come across in the future.
It's no problem, don't worry (I've seen it on my Tumblr dashboard and it's gotten loads of notes). It would have shown up here anyway xD.

I think that Kyogre and Groudon will get those for sure. Latias and Latios are already confirmed.
Swampert and Sceptile is also possible and cool.
I doubt they would make much more than these basic ones mid-gen, though.

Mega Chandelure, please make it happen, GF.
They couldn't possibly make Chandelure look better than it already does, though.

Mega Slaking with Huge Power. Given that Kangaskhan got a Mega I'm sure Slaking will too.

Base Stats:

HP: 150

Attack: 200

Defense: 125

SP. Atk: 95

Sp. Def: 95

Speed: 105

BST: 770

Last edited:

Mega Ninetales, Mega Milotic & Mega Serperior are things I want to see. On a more realistic basis...

Mega Salamence & Metagross. Maybe Steven could use it if he's an optional opponent post-game.
Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert are likely to be here, too, given Mega Blaziken already being a thing.

Mega Chandelure, please make it happen, GF.
They couldn't possibly make Chandelure look better than it already does, though.
And what if they... could? Imagine something even more awesome than Chandelure, yeah it sounds really unlikely but it's feasible, i believe in it.

Yes, we better.

The Pokemon that should get them:
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Lati@s (confirmed)
Ludicolo
Shiftry
Swellow (YES, I SAID SWELLOW.)
Ninjask
Gallade (although he's in Gen IV)
Probopass (although he's in Gen IV) (hopefully, his mega evo won't look as stupid as him)
Sableye (Mawile gets one and he doesn't?) (It should have more RUBIES, SAPPHIRES, and EMERALDS on its body.)
Salamance
Metagross
Sharpedo
Regigigas (TAKE AWAY SLOW START, GODDAMIT!)
Zangoose
Milotic (he's like a counterpart to Gyarados, so...)
TROPIUS
Chimecho
Metagross

Yeah, so, hopefully, we'll get SOME of those guys^. And even though these are Hoenn remakes, I want to see some Gen V mega evos as well.

What we need is:
Mega Dunsparce
Mega Shiftry
Mega Gallie
Mega Farfetch'd
Mega Milotic
Mega Wobbofett

Man tbh I think Farfetch'd just straight up needs regular evolution. He has room for two.

Mega Shedinja!
-gets decent HP, other small stat boosts. yassssssssssssssssssssss

If we don't get a Mega Ludicolo at some point then this has been a wasted mechanic.

Would be nice to have Mega Evolutions expanded. I don't know, maybe having it cost one turn, rather than selecting to Mega Evolve, and then selecting a move. Other than that, having more Mega Evolutions would be nice.

Would be nice to have Mega Evolutions expanded. I don't know, maybe having it cost one turn, rather than selecting to Mega Evolve, and then selecting a move. Other than that, having more Mega Evolutions would be nice.

They can't really change this now because OR/AS are still part of Gen VI, meaning you'd be able to battle people from those games.
Or, they could make it an update or something, I guess...

They can't really change this now because OR/AS are still part of Gen VI, meaning you'd be able to battle people from those games.

I wouldn't care, regardless. I barely even use Mega Evolution, because I just battle casually, amongst friends. Still, doesn't it seem cheap that you can Mega Evolve and chose a move, with one turn?

I wouldn't care, regardless. I barely even use Mega Evolution, because I just battle casually, amongst friends. Still, doesn't it seem cheap that you can Mega Evolve and chose a move, with one turn?

It makes sense, though. You're the one doing all the stuff with the Mega Ring, not your Pokemon.

However, being unable to issue a command to your Pokemon 'cause you were busy pressing a button on your bracelet doesn't make sense. Of course, there are other things in Pokemon that don't make sense, but...

Anyhow, I'd kinda like to see Mega Froslass--it evolves from a Gen III Pokemon, after all. Mega Wailord, maybe? Dusknoir? Armaldo and Cradily? Gorebyss and Huntail? I'm not really sure, actually. I lovelovelove the region, but only kinda like most of the Pokemon.

Mega Tropius, Mega Sableye, Mega Delcatty, Mega Zangoose, Mega Seviper, Mega Milotic, Mega Metagross!

I think we'll get some new ones, at the very least Kyogre, Groudon, Sceptile and Swampert would be in the cards. Those like Salamence, Metagross, Flygon, Milotic, Zangoose and Sharpedo would be my guesses as well.

Also, I think we'll get at least one Pokémon with multiple Mega evolutions, so maybe Blaziken or Rayquaza get them like Charizard and Mewtwo before them.

Back
Top Bottom