• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Re: Treecko and Mudkip Mega Evolutions? What do you want?

If they do a mega evo for Sceptile it should definitely be physically orientated. Making a pokemon with a great physical movepool have better special attack was quite a blunder if you ask me. I'm not too bothered type wise but dragon could work.

Re: Treecko and Mudkip Mega Evolutions? What do you want?

Mega Scepteil with Speed Boost just like Blaziken. Would be awesome.

Re: Will we get more Mega Evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Didn't Hirobyte or Melkor say last year that Sableye would see its day (and may have added that it wouldn't have been in XY)?

So yeah, that could happen in ORAS.

Didn't Hirobyte or Melkor say last year that Sableye would see its day (and may have added that it wouldn't have been in XY)?

Which wouldn't have anything to do with Hirobyte's lie. Actually, I'm pretty sure that he said that about Dunsparce while claiming that Sableye wouldn't get anything.

Which wouldn't have anything to do with Hirobyte's lie. Actually, I'm pretty sure that he said that about Dunsparce while claiming that Sableye wouldn't get anything.

Ah ok. I must not have been remembering correctly.

Alongside Sceptile & Swampert, I really hope that some of the other starters get Mega Evolutions as well. Maybe like how XY allowed the player to obtain the Kanto starters alongside the Kalos starters, ORAS can allow the players to obtain starters from another region alongside the Hoenn starters? And whoever gives the player the second batch of starters can give the player the corresponding mega stones as well. If this really happens, then it would probably be either the Johto or the Sinnoh starters...

I think not as those megas wont be able to be seen in x and y we wil probablly get some in gen VII

Milotic, Salamence, Metagross, and Sceptile/Swampert are ones I wanna see and kinda see happening likely (especially Milotic being a counterpart to Gyarados and it warrents a Water/Fairy mega Evo) but I kinda wanna see more mega evos from Gen 4 and 5 pokes, like Gallade, Roserade, Hydreigon, Bisharp, and Genesect X/Y or Alpha/Omega.

I think not as those megas wont be able to be seen in x and y

You realise 3DS games are patchable, right? Just like the Lumiose glitch was fixed via a downloadable patch, X/Y could be updated to handle any new mega evolutions that are in OR/AS.

Does anyone have the list of Pokemon that were trademarked recently that was going around before X/Y were released? That could give us a clue as to what may be in store.

i think its 100% happening there is now way that is the true latias mega evolution her real one is more than likely going to be in a patch

Sceptile and Swampert had better get megas or I'm gonna be pissed.

I just realized, in X/Y it is explicitly stated that Kalos is the only region to have mega evolution.... It doesn't make sense for Hoenn to have it all of a sudden.

Assuming the deal with idea compatibility with a patch. I'd like to have mega Hydreigon, Stoutland, and Gigalith.

I just realized, in X/Y it is explicitly stated that Kalos is the only region to have mega evolution.... It doesn't make sense for Hoenn to have it all of a sudden.

Retcon.

Making a retcon for the sake of gameplay far outweighs any negative effects from contradictions with previously stated history.

As for Masquerain, I'm just hoping that it Mega Evolves into a Water/Bug type since I think that it was a huge mistake for them to not keep that type combination on Masquerain in the first place.

I cannot agree with you more. Water/Bug is such a cool typing, and I'm surprised we don't have more of them, considering how many aquatic insects there are in the world from which to draw inspiration. Bug/Flying has been done already, and it's been done better. Plus, Masquerain's design is so cool, I'd love to see what they would do with a Mega Evolution. (I wish it could get a legit evolution in the future, though. Fingers crossed!)

Last edited:

Retcon.

Making a retcon for the sake of gameplay far outweighs any negative effects from contradictions with previously stated history.

True but that makes it seem silly to have the line in first place since they knew a seperate team would be working on SOMETHING.

Last edited:

Swampert and Sceptile will very likely get MEvos, for balance's sake. I also see Metagross and Salamance (both or either) getting MEvos because of their pseudolegendary status. In fact, I'm surprised they don't have MEvos already, and can only think that the reason for this is that they were saving it for ORAS. GF will probably hand out MEvos to the above and a few other popular Gen III 'mons (that they haven't already MEVo-fied), like Mightyena and Milotic.

That is, assuming GF doesn't stick to the "Megas are Kalos-only" line. As previously mentioned, though, that's very easily retconned, and Mega Blaziken's existence already violates it somewhat. Maybe the mega stones and the mega ring are found only in Kalos, but Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution are not exclusive to Kalos natives?

Mawile didn't get an evolution, so Dunsparce, Sableye and similar Pokémon shouldn't either.

I have to respectfully disagree. I understand why you or someone would prefer that Sableye get a Mega Evolution, especially now that his counterpart Mawile has one and it would just seem strange and unfair to give the Mega treatment to one and not the other (in the same likeness of Blaziken and the other two Hoenn starters). Heck even I now want Sableye to get a Mega Evolution. What I want to say is that just because we've been introduced to Mega Evolution it shouldn't necessarily mean that it has to be the end of traditional evolution for Pokémon of past generations. I personally think that many more Pokémon could benefit from traditional evolution than what they could from a Mega Evolution, especially those who don't evolve (excluding the Legendary's) or are just mediocre at best. Of course Pokémon such as Lucario who were already good to begin with don't take that much of a loss from receiving a Mega Evolution. I just hope Game Freak thinks things through because didn't they say only Pokémon who are at their utmost stage could Mega evolve? That means once a Pokémon has received a Mega Evolution they don't have any chance of ever receiving a traditional evolution.

First of all, as others said, ORAS can just retcon that.
Secondly, as someone else mentioned before, what if Hoenn DOES have mega evos, but they just DON'T KNOW that they ARE mega evos? (I.e. they call them something else?)
Or, another possibility, what if the people in Kalos just don't know that there's mega evos in Hoenn?
I mean, think about it, it's SO easy for GF to come up with an excuse as to why MEs can also be in Hoenn.

I also see Metagross and Salamance (both or either) getting MEvos because of their pseudolegendary status.
Although I would like to see a mego evo for at least one of them, I don't understand your reasoning behind this, which also seems to be GF's reasoning. Because they're pseudo-legendaries?
I don't get why GF makes Pokemon that are ALREADY STRONGER than MOST OTHER Pokemon in the game MORE stronger... Like wut?
I understand that they want to give them to popular Pokemon mainly (hence Mewtwo), but they should AT LEAST give some to unpopular Pokemon, not only to make them stronger, but also to make them popular.

Although I would like to see a mego evo for at least one of them, I don't understand your reasoning behind this, which also seems to be GF's reasoning. Because they're pseudo-legendaries?
I don't get why GF makes Pokemon that are ALREADY STRONGER than MOST OTHER Pokemon in the game MORE stronger... Like wut?
I understand that they want to give them to popular Pokemon mainly (hence Mewtwo), but they should AT LEAST give some to unpopular Pokemon, not only to make them stronger, but also to make them popular.

That reasoning is not my own. I meant that I think that these Pokemon (pseudolegendaries and popular Pokemon) are those that GF will probably give MEvos to. It's what I expect, but not necessarily what I want.

That said, I do agree with you. GF should give MEvos to underpowered Pokemon with wasted potential in their typing or movepool, not to Pokemon that already dominate the meta.

Back
Top Bottom