• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Flygon defintely need a Mega Evo mainly because of the existence of Garchomp, Garchomp has been overshadowing Flygon since Gen 4, something like Bug/Dragon with with higher Special Attack and give him access to Quiver Dance.

I completely agree. Flygon could use a mega evolution to match up with numerous other dragons

I can see the Johto starters getting mega evolution, since Birch would give you a Johto starter for completing the Hoenn dex in R/S/E (At least I think it was the Hoenn dex, but I know you could get one of 'em through special requirements)

You know what would add to the awesomeness? If on top of them getting Mega Evolutions they also managed to give you the Johto Starter you choose with its Hidden Ability. I dream of the day where I can legitimately use a Sheer Force Feraligatr ;_; As well as Contrary Serperior and Reckless Emboar who should also get Megas.

That WOULD be really cool, but they could also re-introduce the Friend Safari, and maybe OR/AS players have different Pokemon?
So, like, in X and Y Friend Safaris can have the mid-evolution of both Kanto and Kalos starters. Maybe OR/AS could have the mid-evolutions of Hoenn and Johto starters, and that's how we'd get those Hidden Abilities.
(This is also all assuming both the Friend Safari and Johto Starters happen)

I had actually thought of that too. If they could also find of way of putting the mid-evolution Hidden Ability Unova Starters in, that would be the cherry on top of everything. I'd be down for the Johto Starters each getting a Mega Evolution. You get the Mega Stone for the Starter you choose. Another thing but what if you received one of the Sinnoh Starters from someone who comes from said region? Dare I say the one you choose gets there respective Mega Stone too.

Last edited:
I can see the Johto starters getting mega evolution, since Birch would give you a Johto starter for completing the Hoenn dex in R/S/E (At least I think it was the Hoenn dex, but I know you could get one of 'em through special requirements)

You know what would add to the awesomeness? If on top of them getting Mega Evolutions they also managed to give you the Johto Starter you choose with its Hidden Ability. I dream of the day where I can legitimately use a Sheer Force Feraligatr ;_; As well as Contrary Serperior and Reckless Emboar who should also get Megas.

That WOULD be really cool, but they could also re-introduce the Friend Safari, and maybe OR/AS players have different Pokemon?
So, like, in X and Y Friend Safaris can have the mid-evolution of both Kanto and Kalos starters. Maybe OR/AS could have the mid-evolutions of Hoenn and Johto starters, and that's how we'd get those Hidden Abilities.
(This is also all assuming both the Friend Safari and Johto Starters happen)

I had actually thought of that too. If they could also find of way of putting the mid-evolution Hidden Ability Unova Starters in, that would be the cherry on top of everything. I'd be down for the Johto Starters each getting a Mega Evolution. You get the Mega Stone for the Starter you choose. Another thing but what if you received one of the Sinnoh Starters from someone who comes from said region? Dare I say the one you choose gets there respective Mega Stone too.

At first I planned to say "I don't see a third set of starters feasibly happening", but HG/SS - being the most previous remake - gave us three sets of starters, so maybe that's a possibility. However, the most likely scenario in my eyes is -
1) Hoenn Starters with Megas (duh)
2) Johto Starters with Megas
3) Hoenn and Johto mid-evolution starters with Hidden Abilities in the Friend Safari
4) MAYBE Sinnoh starters
I don't see Unova starter happening because, as nice as it would be to get the HA's, it's too easy to migrate 5th gen Pokemon to 6th gen games to bother with that, in my opinion.

Since every Hoenn Starter now has a Mego Evolution, this most likely means so do more Hoenn Pokemon (and others)! :D

Mega Flygon please. I cannot wait for the day where it can finally crush it's big brother Salamence (after that first turn of course, or if it is switched in and doesn't have a Choice Scarf).

Also Mega Metagross. He has been nerfed so many times, and needs to be restored back unto his pedestal. Also, if Steven is going to be Champion (most likely) then he will need to step it up as well.

With Mega Diancie revealed, Gen V is the only generation without at least one Mega Evolution-capable Pokemon.

There shouldn't be any reason why there couldn't be Gen V or Gen VI Mega Evolutions, especially if many of their stones are found post-game.

Didn't GF say a while back they they didn't want Megas of Gen VI Pokemon because they wanted the Pokemon themselves to feel complete, rather than like they were just a step below their actual final forms or something? So much for that :p Though I suppose they could just think it's been long enough.

Mega Diancie is so pretty I love it. I wonder what its ability is going to be. Solid Rock would obviously be amazing for it though a bit overpowered maybe.

I wouldn't expect a lot of Mega Evolutions of Gen VI Pokémon. Yes, Diancie is getting one, but I imagine that Mega Evolutions of non-event Pokémon are more likely to be saved for Z (or XZ and YZ or whatever they do for a third version). Gen V Mega Evolutions are slightly more likely, but even then I think that for these games we're more likely to see Mega Evolutions of Pokémon from Generations I-III that actually appeared in Ruby and Sapphire (and possibly of some Gen IV Pokémon that are related by evolution, like Gallade).

A Mega Evolution with Drizzle would be nice too. It's the only one of the four weather-inducing abilities not used by a Mega Evolution.

I would also want to see Mega Sableye and Mega Raichu, if possible.

I like the new Mega Evolutions, despite the fact that Mega Sceptile stole Dragonzord's tail and Mega Swampert ate Brock Lesnar. :p

Also, Mega Diancie makes me want a Pokemon X Sailor Moon game done up like Pokemon Conquest.

Mega Diancie is just beautiful. And I thought regular Diancie had a fantastic design. This Mega Evo is absolutely magnificent. I just want the little princess ASAP!

The problem with patching XY is that it is possible to delete patches. What would happen if we traded new Mega Stones from ORAS to XY, and then deleted the patch that allowed us to do so after the fact? Or even just inserted the cartridge into a different 3DS that never had the patch installed?
I was talking about the issue of compatibility with my friends earlier today and wow, this is actually a really good point. I think the likeliest option is that as the data for the items would be included in the hypothetical XY patch, then the Mega Stones would simply disappear forever, so don't do it. In regards to getting the items back, maybe the patch could include a back-up that keeps track of if you own the items or not?

Another option (that would really suck but solve all issues), is simply to not have any connectivity between XY and ORAS, with us having to transfer Pokémon via Bank instead. But as I said, that would really suck.

MegaSceptile with Lightning Rod huh. Well Rotom-W had a good run.

Also MegaSwampert for new best Mega! He's nothing short of perfection!
wSCViav.jpg
UMidxNG.png

After that hacker only found Mega Latios and Mega Latias in the XY files, I wasn't holding my breath for any new Mega Evolutions mid-generation. Didn't dare hope. Pleased to be wrong. Sceptile and Swampert are both touting incredible designs - Swampert, particularly. Absolutely beautiful.

More intriguing, though, is Diancie lifting the generation cap. There's not that many fully evolved Gen VI pokemon, and they're all pretty useful, so I can't imagine too much change there Mega-wise, but surely we're looking at busting Gen V wide open. Mega Cofagrigus and Mega Galvantula remain firmly on that wishlist...

I think we won't get Johto Megas till next gen, when they could use them to replace the elemental monkeys and Kanto starters.

My personal wishlist for Megas is mostly:
Sableye - to go along with Mawile
Shiftry and Ludicolo - Just personal preference.
Plusle and Minun - Because I think all the Pikachu clones should get them to differentiate them from Pikachu.
Flygon - To compete with Garchomp.
Zangoose and Seviper - Coolness factor alone.
Kecleon - Potential for theme being made cool -like a rainbow colored Kecleon.
Chimecho - Because it needs it.
Milotic - Water/Fairy to go along with Mega Gyarados.

I don't particularly want a Mega Metagross, but I'm 100% sure we're getting one since it's Steven's signature Pokemon and he has a Mega Ring.

I like Zangoose and Seviper, and Milotic seems like a solid counterpart, good call.

I think Tropius would be one of my top shouts for Gen III pokemon. Oh, and Lunatone/Solrock. Great designs, iffy stats and typings. Really switch up their typings, turn Solrock into lava, make it Fire and Psychic. Lunatone can be Psychic and Fairy - get STAB off Moonblast.

Watch the Mega Lati@s not actually be their real Mega Evolution and Game Freak was just screwing with people who would eventually hack the game.

I really hope so. They deserve so much more.

I think we won't get Johto Megas till next gen, when they could use them to replace the elemental monkeys and Kanto starters.

My personal wishlist for Megas is mostly:
Sableye - to go along with Mawile
Shiftry and Ludicolo - Just personal preference.
Plusle and Minun - Because I think all the Pikachu clones should get them to differentiate them from Pikachu.
Flygon - To compete with Garchomp.
Zangoose and Seviper - Coolness factor alone.
Kecleon - Potential for theme being made cool -like a rainbow colored Kecleon.
Chimecho - Because it needs it.
Milotic - Water/Fairy to go along with Mega Gyarados.

I don't particularly want a Mega Metagross, but I'm 100% sure we're getting one since it's Steven's signature Pokemon and he has a Mega Ring.
I don't think Sableye can get a Mega Evolution that would be good though. Yes, it and Mawile's stats were both incredibly low but Mawile benefited from an awesome ability. I've speculated on a Farfetch'd that benefits the same way, but I don't see how Sableye could do it if it maintains its niche in Prankster.

As for Mega Milotic--make it more offensive to counter Mega Gyarados becoming more defensive.

Back
Top Bottom