• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
I was talking about the issue of compatibility with my friends earlier today and wow, this is actually a really good point. I think the likeliest option is that as the data for the items would be included in the hypothetical XY patch, then the Mega Stones would simply disappear forever, so don't do it. In regards to getting the items back, maybe the patch could include a back-up that keeps track of if you own the items or not?

Another option (that would really suck but solve all issues), is simply to not have any connectivity between XY and ORAS, with us having to transfer Pokémon via Bank instead. But as I said, that would really suck.

Having the Mega Stone disappear seems like the best option, but it still feels to me like an un-Nintendo-like thing to do. Playing your XY cartridge on a friend's 3DS that doesn't have the patch installed is all it would take to lose your Mega Stones (and how many kids will neglect to download the patch?). Nonetheless, it's still probably the best course of action. Cutting off compatibility completely would be a bummer.

Watch the Mega Lati@s not actually be their real Mega Evolution and Game Freak was just screwing with people who would eventually hack the game.

Speaking of "un-Nintendo-like" things to do, but honestly, this could be true and I wouldn't be surprised. Either that, or they're early leftover designs that were never removed. It never made sense to me just how similar they looked to each other.

(and how many kids will neglect to download the patch?)

If you have Wifi, they forced you to download the last two patches otherwise you can't use it. Not sure if another game can send a patch if trying to communicate, but that's what FrLg did to fix RS's Berry Glitch.

The items could also be stored in that patch so that if you remove the game and don't have the patch, items disappear, but if you put it back in its original 3DS, the items return. And deleting the patch is a very deliberate action--its like deleting your save file. I'm not sure why one should take precautions about that.

Hopefully, Unova's will not be amongst those receiving Mega Evolutions. Its not that I dislike the mechanic or don't trust GF to make unexaggerated designs for them, but I'd prefer for the region's fauna to remain untouched therefore retaining its uniqueness in the series.

Last edited:
If you have Wifi, they forced you to download the last two patches otherwise you can't use it.

Ah, my bad then, I actually didn't know about that.

Storing the items within the patch itself would be a good idea. But what if you had, say, your Sceptile equipped with its Mega Stone in XY, and you proceeded to play the game on a system without the patch. If the Sceptilite was no longer there, and you equipped a different item and saved, what then? I just wonder if GameFreak has thought that far ahead, of if they're capable of coding a solution where the Mega Stone would then just automatically be sent to the bag. We know they're not really technical wizards.

I think we might see Machamp and Golem get Mega Evolutions, since Gengar and Alakazam got them in XY. Sure, the former aren't as popular, but I'd like to see the original four Trade Evolutions on the same page.

I'm almost sure Gallade will get a mega. Can't wait to see it, I hope its design is as good as Gardevoir's.

Other gen. 3 megas I'd like to see:

Flygon
Milotic
Breloom
Claydol
Masquerain
Cacturne
Delcatty

If you have Wifi, they forced you to download the last two patches otherwise you can't use it.

Ah, my bad then, I actually didn't know about that.

Storing the items within the patch itself would be a good idea. But what if you had, say, your Sceptile equipped with its Mega Stone in XY, and you proceeded to play the game on a system without the patch. If the Sceptilite was no longer there, and you equipped a different item and saved, what then? I just wonder if GameFreak has thought that far ahead, of if they're capable of coding a solution where the Mega Stone would then just automatically be sent to the bag. We know they're not really technical wizards.

Can they not implement a block that prevents the game from being played on an unpached system like they did with them (XY) initially?

Did Mega Diancie Throw You Off Guard??

My first reaction was :/
Then :0
Then mind-blown

Last edited:
Re: Did Mega Diancie Throw You Off Guard??

I was expecting the other 4, but diancie? Nah.

http://i.********/vp/1402436028100.jpg

Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo pls pls pls pls

Numel and Camerupt were the main Pokémon of Magma in all three games.

If Mega Camerupt is in ORAS, it better have Water Absorb to get rid of that pesky 4x Water weakness.

Game Freak tends to give Pokemon abilities based on "common sense." Camels are known to absorb water in real life, and Camerupt is the signature pokemon of a team that essentially wants to turn the world into a giant desert.

Or, we'll be trolled and they use Mega Gyarados (Archie) and Mega Absol (Maxie) xD.

Is it just me, or does anyone else what AZ's Floette to get a Mega Evolution? I know that ORAS is the major focus right now, but the only reason I'm thinking about this is that AZ's Floette doesn't seem to be able to evolve into Florges.

On another note, these are the Mega Evolution I want to see in ORAS:
  • Mega Raichu - Electric/Fire - Flarate* (GF should give Raichu more love)
  • Mega Muk - Poison - Sticky Hold (because I want to see what GF would do with its design))
  • Mega Armaldo - Rock/Bug - Solid Rock
  • Mega Cradily - Rock/Grass - Water Absorb
  • Mega Flygon - Ground/Dragon - Levitate (needs something to catch up with Garchomp)
  • Mega Bouffalant - Normal/Fighting - Fur Coat (just to see that buffalo get covered in its own afro)
  • Mega Pelipper - Water/Flying - Thick Fat (want to see what GF does with its design)

*makes all normal-type moves into fire-type moves

That would be legendary. Mega Sharpedo just keep that Speed Boost, or get Levitate.

Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo almost confirmed.

Personally, I'd like to see Mega Sharpedo as somethig more terrifying. Maybe as a hammerhead shark or something

Will Archie and Maxie get Mega Evolutions?

So in the ORAS content that was released at E3, if you had an incredible eye, you may have noticed that Maxie and Archie have what very much looks like the Mega Evolution symbol. Maxie has it on the right hand side of his glasses, and Archie has in on his chain. (Image attached).

Maxie has either Mega Camerupt, Mightyena or Crobat. Archie would have Mega Sharpedo, Mightyena or Crobat.
And seeing as Camerupt and Sharpedo are the obvious ones, I think it suggests they'll be getting a Mega Evolution.

I don't think this is completely absurd either because Lysandre in X/Y had a Mega Gyrados.
Thoughts?

X - Archie and Maxie Mega Evolution.png

Back
Top Bottom